Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:07:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bellichek MUST be suspended.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bellichek MUST be suspended.  (Read 9601 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 11:55:32 am »

I don't even hate Bellichek.  I'm being totally objective.

I don't care WHY he hunted down the ref and put his hands on him.  But he did. 

Imagine that were Ray Lewis.  Put that image in your head and ask yourself what should happen to him if he did that.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:15 pm »

I don't care WHY he hunted down the ref and put his hands on him.  But he did. 

Acutally the why does matter.  If his *why* was to shove him in an effort to cause injury, he should be suspended.

If it was more along the lines of simply trying to get his attention in a stadium too loud for the ref to hear him over the noise to demand the play be reviewed as is typical for ALL scoring plays, then he shouldn't be fined, but will be fined anyway.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »

The calls seemed to go both ways in that game, but I don't feel he should be suspended

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 12:13:57 pm »

While they're fining and suspending people, maybe they can fine/suspend the refs who allowed Ryan Mundy to lead with his helmet the entire game without throwing a flag. The Heyward-Bey injury was preventable, and two plays later, Mundy was missle-ing himself head first at another player. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 12:38:41 pm »

You cannot put your hands on the refs.  Period.

However, I think he was just trying to talk to the guy, and they were high-tailing it out of there, and rightfully so cause they did a piss-poor job officiating that game.

If he had walked up to him and put his hand(s) on the guys chest and shoved, then stood over him screaming and pointing down at him, then I'd say he's suspended, probably for the rest of the year.  But this was a simple call for attention, and I still say was not malicious in intent.

I hate Belichick, but call it objectively.
If a receiver grabs a referee (in exactly the manner Belichick did) to insist on a PI call, you don't think that player is immediately booted from the game?

Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »

While they're fining and suspending people, maybe they can fine/suspend the refs who allowed Ryan Mundy to lead with his helmet the entire game without throwing a flag. The Heyward-Bey injury was preventable, and two plays later, Mundy was missle-ing himself head first at another player. -EK

Agree. Did you see the hit Mays put on Shaub? BRUTAL AND FLAGRANT! The penalty for those infractions should be immediate expulsion from the game. Fines do nothing.

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 01:10:52 pm »

Where's Ed Hochuli when you need him??

-EK
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 01:17:24 pm »

My opinions, no where near a shove. You are so off base here Dave. Now, I'm sure he wanted a review but If I'm not mistaken aren't all scoring play reviewed by the booth? I don't see any cause for a fine or suspension here though. I agree that you have to protect the official from harm but the act of getting someone's attention is not harming them. I expect none of you have grabbed someone's arm to get their attention?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 02:02:05 pm »

Al Michaels stated on the broadcast that the play was not reviewable.  I forget why.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »

^^^ I thnk because all scoring plays are already reviewed. He may have meant challengable.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 03:13:56 pm »

The grab was inexcusable.  If a player did that during the game, they'd be penalized, tossed, and fined.  Why would it be okay for the coach to do it afterwards?

It wasn't a shove and wasn't particularly violent, but you can't go around grabbing officials regardless of what you think of their calls on the field.  BB should know that.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 04:49:18 pm »

I agree that you have to protect the official from harm but the act of getting someone's attention is not harming them. I expect none of you have grabbed someone's arm to get their attention?
Phishfan, if a receiver did exactly the same thing when arguing for a PI call, do you think he would even be allowed to remain in the contest?

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 04:59:36 pm »

I always thought the rule was you were not allowed to make contact with an official in any way. If that is the case then he should be suspended regardless what his intent was. My guess is however it will be a small fine!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »

I am not all about fining and suspending for every little thing.  But the one thing that has to be zero tolerance is anything to do with physical (and even verbal) contact with refs.

I think that the NFL is partially to blame here, too, for their allowing this to go on with the refs already.

In the NBA, it became a league of whiners and fakers.  Tim Duncan, Kobe, Rasheed Wallace...all flopping and sulking and making pissed off faces for 2 hours every night when they didn't get every call.  The NBA had to say enough is enough and start T-ing up players.

The NFL needs to do the right things.  You can't argue calls or you get 15 yards.  Done.  The concept of a coach bitching at a ref trying to do his job, from the sideline, for an entire game is archaic and harmful to the integrity of the sport.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »

Phishfan, if a receiver did exactly the same thing when arguing for a PI call, do you think he would even be allowed to remain in the contest?

I take no issue with what I saw. The guy was running past him and he was trying to get his attention.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray