Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:31:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bellichek MUST be suspended.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Bellichek MUST be suspended.  (Read 9590 times)
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

This is all about hatred of Bellichek. He was not the only coach to lose it yesterday, and if you think he "hunted down" the ref, then what do you call Shanahan chasing them into the tunnel after the game cursing and pointing at them.
The fact you solely focused on the one coach who happens to lead the team in your favorite teams division says a lot.
The refs are so bad, and the NFL lack of caring means both players and coaching staffs need to come out against the refs that are negatively effecting the games each week.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:54 pm »

^ Honestly, it's not.

I don't hate Bellichek.  I admire the guy.  I think he's probably the best coach in the NFL.  I don't even hate the Patriots, contrary to popular belief.  I'm a fan of Boston, in general.

Look, I know it's hard to believe, but this has nothing to do with who it is.  If it were Philbin I'd feel the same way.

I'm upset with the way the NFL treats the refs, in general, allowing their mistreatment and berating as part of coaching strategy, then they're expected to make fair, honest calls.  But for me, the buck stops with the physical.  It's so cut and dry.  If you cross the physical line with a referee, you're gone -- black and white.

I drink your milkshake!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 01:16:24 am »

^ Honestly, it's not.

I don't hate Bellichek.  I admire the guy.  I think he's probably the best coach in the NFL.  I don't even hate the Patriots, contrary to popular belief.  I'm a fan of Boston, in general.

Look, I know it's hard to believe, but this has nothing to do with who it is.  If it were Philbin I'd feel the same way.

I'm upset with the way the NFL treats the refs, in general, allowing their mistreatment and berating as part of coaching strategy, then they're expected to make fair, honest calls.  But for me, the buck stops with the physical.  It's so cut and dry.  If you cross the physical line with a referee, you're gone -- black and white.

But two other coaches were abusive with the refs. If you had mentioned the behavior of all three, I would agree with you.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 01:27:32 am »

Bellichek is the only one I saw break the physical barrier.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:13 am »

He will get a fine.  The only reason to suspended him would be to draw attention away from the fact it wasn't a field goal. 

Dude, don't let the government find out you've been re-tasking satellites to provide you with a view that no one else has...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:52 am »

But for me, the buck stops with the physical.  It's so cut and dry.  If you cross the physical line with a referee, you're gone -- black and white.

It is not black and white. Shaking their hand before a game is physical contact as well.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 09:48:43 am »

Bellichek is the only one I saw break the physical barrier.
For what it's worth I 100% agree with you Dave. He grabbed the ref, that should be a suspension, especially since it occurred a week after the NFL told everyone to be extra careful about how they deal with the replacement refs.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

It is not black and white. Shaking their hand before a game is physical contact as well.
Let's not be ridiculous.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:26 pm »

By crossing the physical barrier, I'm saying that it is inappropriate physical content, which I think that almost anyone will agree to.  Even if you think that Bellichek shouldn't be suspended, at least you agree that he went too far, right?

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »

Totally agree, he went too far.  You can not grab an official, you especially can't show violence toward an official.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 04:38:25 pm »

I'm not being rediculous Spider. Many people have used terms such as black and white zero tolerance, etc. Those are absolute terms and are not up for debate. If you think I am rediculous consider how many children get suspensions from school due to posessing an asprin while there is zero tolerance. I am just pointint out an inconsistency in their argument.

(for Dave) Too far on his part would have been shoving the guy (which was also incorrectly mentioned), poking him while berating him, any form of striking, etc. None of these were what he did. He grabbed someone's arm that was running past him in an effort to get his attention.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »

(for Dave) Too far on his part would have been shoving the guy (which was also incorrectly mentioned), poking him while berating him, any form of striking, etc. None of these were what he did. He grabbed someone's arm that was running past him in an effort to get his attention.

I disagree on many counts.

1) I think he does shove.  He grabs and then shoves in disgust.
2) I do not think his "grab" is to get his attention.  I think it's clearly a move of aggression and anger.  Look at his face.
3) Bellichek has no business grabbing a ref in any manner (to get attention or otherwise), especially after a game is over.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

He always has that look doesn't he? I'm pretty sure I saw it after they won a Super Bowl and bet his wedding picture looks that way.  Grin
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »

He always has that look doesn't he? I'm pretty sure I saw it after they won a Super Bowl and bet his wedding picture looks that way.  Grin

LOL

Now imagine Bill & his monotone post-game voice at home...  Fetch. Good dog. You brought that back to me in a satisfactory manner. Would you like a dog snack type product at this point?... The dishes have been put away properly. Is that a dress you're
wearing? Would you like to go to the bedroom at this point?

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 03:19:28 pm »

League Decision:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8428027/nfl-hits-new-england-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-50k-fine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray