Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:43:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  I'm not disappointed.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I'm not disappointed.  (Read 2783 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 30, 2012, 08:44:13 pm »

I know that most of you are very disappointed right now with back to back overtime losses, but I'm not, just the opposite actually.  I'm happy that Miami was in position to win both of these games. Sure, I'd love for their record to be 3-1 or even 2-2 right now, but this year is not about their record, it never has been and it never will be. This year is about taking a step in the right direction without taking 2 steps back like Miami has done countless times in the last decade. This year is about building for the future and in my opinion Miami has started to show that. Miami has now put together a string of 3 games that they can be proud of. They didn't win the last 2, but they had their chances and they have showed me some things while doing it.

Tannehill showed me today that he can move the ball all on his own. Arizona COMPLETELY stuffed the run and yet Tannehill made some plays with his arm. Don't get me wrong, Arizona made plenty of plays too, but it was EXCITING for once to watch Miami play on offense. I can't remember the last time that I've actually enjoyed watching the offense and see the ball be thrown down the field and actually completed. I enjoyed watching them play today despite the outcome. He's got a long way to go still, but he's learning all the time and I believe it's only a matter of time now. That's why it was so important to me for him to play this year, to get the experience he needed. He's getting it and it's fantastic.

The defense showed me they can come up with some turnovers. Arizona's defense still managed to come up with 1 more, but I'll give Miami credit, they didn't back down and they forced Arizona to come up with the plays to beat them. They didn't beat themselves and they didn't give in. They played them tough the whole way and it took outstanding play from Kolb for 1 series to beat them.

The coach showed me a little something too. He was HOT that Fasano didn't pick up the blitzer that nearly got Tannehill killed. I'm sure that Fasano will get an ear full on the plane ride home and all this next week like he should. Tannehill is the future of this team and they better start protecting him like their very lives depend upon it. I also like the way that he went for it on 4th down and didn't settle for a FG before halftime. That took guts and I loved it. For once this team isn't playing not to lose, they are playing to win. It's not working yet, but it's a step in the right direction and it's going to pay off once this team gets a few more players.

Hartline showed me everything I've ALWAYS felt about him. He can catch. He can run. He's a gamer. He just hasn't been given the chance because the QB's he's had have been mediocre at best. Today he showed what he can do when both him and the QB are reading the same thing. This is the start of something for both Tannehill and Hartline and I couldn't be more excited about it. Remember earlier when they said that Miami didn't have any 1's or 2's but they had a bunch of 4, 5's and 6's, well they got that wrong. Miami has a #1 and #2, the problem is they don't have ANY 4, 5's and 6's because everybody else should be CUT tomorrow as they don't belong on an NFL team.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:47:44 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:49 pm »

It's a processes. All teams that play young QB's go through it. Short term pain but in the end it will be long term gain!

While disappointing at the moment, knowing brighter days are ahead is refreshing for once. The biggest piece of the puzzle is in place. Now time to build around it. It won't happen overnight but we at least have HOPE for the future!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »

It's nice to see a positive outlook, even after a loss, from just about everybody.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:20:17 pm »

A Dolphin loss always breaks my heart but, Tannehill is going to be a franchise QB and god-willing, Tannehill nad Hartline will better than Marino and the Marx Brothers.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 09:28:54 pm »

It's nice to see a positive outlook, even after a loss, from just about everybody.

Agree! Looking ahead, Cincy will be tough next week. Their defense sucks but their offense has major weapons in the passing game. So, I expect another close one.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »

^^^ Yup Cincy is playing better than expected.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:01 pm »

^^^ Yup Cincy is playing better than expected.

Cincy's defense is horrible (looked good today only because Jax is beyond awful on offense). And I am not worried about BGE running on Miami. But AJ Green, Sanu, Hawkins, and Greeshem will be an issue for the Fins (as they are for any team really)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:34:43 pm »

Still disappointed 'cause we were better than the last two teams we lost to.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »

This team is a work in progress in many areas. But the ship is starting to turn in the right direction at least.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 09:53:44 pm »

And the schedule gets easier starting next week. If they keep playing like they have the W's will come. There are better teams than the Dolphins that are also 1-3.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:55:31 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »

And the schedule gets easier starting next week. If they keep playing like they have the W's will come.

Jax, Tenn, Rams, Colts, Jets, Bills (twice), Seattle....the wins will come. A lot of bad defenses there and offenses that are nothing special.

Cincy might be a rough one though, but after that the schedule get's easier.
miamiwestchester

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »

We learned today that Tannehill can and will be a stud.

It's just disheartening to know our GM doesn't have a clue as to how to build a recieving corps.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »

Miami played a great game today. Even know they lost you can take allot if positives from this one.

Landshark
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 11:53:32 pm »

If Tannehill can do this much damage in the air with Hartline and Bess, imagine what he can do with Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Dwayne Bowe
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »

This was the most fun I've had watching a Dolphin game in a while.  The reason:  there's hope on the horizon.

Tannehill, while making big rookie mistakes, looks like the real deal...and I haven't thought that until now.  Now I'm worried we might play too well down the stretch and screw up our draft positioning.  That sounds like a good problem to have for us fans.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray