Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:58:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Bengals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Bengals  (Read 6708 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 11:32:38 am »

Lamar Miller could fumble 4 times, all of which get returned for TD's, and Carpenter misses a garbage time FG when they're down by 20, and you give it to Carpenter?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 01:25:48 pm »

I am going to nominate Carpenter every week until he makes all his kicks.

How many weeks in a row can this guy miss field goals and still have apologists?

(Clay sucks, though.) 
When he starts missing from inside 40, then I'll be right there saying get rid of him. Maybe Miami needs to be a little more cautious in sending him out there from over 45? Not everyone just trots out their kicker from that distance and expects him to make them all especially if it's at the end of a game or overtime. He has the leg for it, but does he have the accuracy or is this just a slump? Lots to consider. No reason to be hasty about it unless there's a surefire upgrade out there not just hitting FG's but can match or at least come close to Carpenter's leg on kickoffs. He's a big reason that opposing teams have an average start position of inside the 20 on kickoffs.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 02:54:13 pm »

How many weeks in a row can this guy miss field goals and still have apologists?

I'm not appologizing for the guy.  But I also remember the days when Nick Lowery and Scott Norwood and Matt Bahr couldn't make field goals of more than 47 or 48 yards.  So to me if you're kicking 45+ yards all the time and your kicker goes cold, that says more about your play calling than it does your kicker. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray