Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Merged - Tebow/Sanchez
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Merged - Tebow/Sanchez  (Read 38863 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 29, 2012, 02:27:51 pm »

It's decision time. It's their bye week, so they would have 2 weeks to prepare a gameplan for Tebow and put it in place. If they don't do it now, they are pretty much stuck with Sanchez for the rest of the year as you simply can't just put in Tebow without also changing the offense to suit Tebow and it's gonna be really hard to do that in a week's time.

The Jets are still built to be a power run team and Tebow is a power running back. The weather in NY is gonna start turning bad and a running team with Tebow at QB probably has a better chance at turning around the offense then a pass-happy Jets team with Sanchez at QB and the Jet receivers.

What do they have to lose at this point? At 3-5 with games against Seattle and New England coming up, unless they win one of those 2 games, their chances of making the playoffs are practically non-existant. They would have to run the table in the rest of their games to have a realistic shot if they lost both of those games.

I would do it. At the very least it would make the fans happy for at least a couple weeks and give them something to talk about other than being 3-5 during the bye week. I don't really believe that Tebow is a winner anymore than I believed that Sanchez was a winner when he was getting the Jets to the AFC championship game, but I do believe that Tebow is a good running back if not a good QB, but he needs to start to show it. Coming off the bench for a play or 2 here or there won't cut it. Put him in. Run the ball. Challenge your defense to step up. It's now or never.

The only downside I see would be that you're basically admitting that Sanchez is not the future of the franchise, but the Jets have got to be getting close to that realization now anyway. He's had 4 years. He hasn't improved. It's time for them to make a switch. If not to Tebow then to someone else in the offseason for sure, so does it really matter if that happens now or at the end of the season?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:45:09 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »

The Jets are done this year.  So are the Eagles.  The Chargers are not far behind.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:00:24 pm »

They should start Tebow so I can get extra enjoyment watching them lose. What a mess they are.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:08:38 pm »

Good god, please let them start Tebow so we, as a nation, can finally move on the path to recovery from this horrible affliction.

Tebow must be allowed to fail (or succeed, I suppose) before they can FINALLY SHUT UP ABOUT HIM.

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »

Before answering the questions, let me first say how happy it makes me that this is happening to the Jets.  When they traded for Tebow earlier this year, I was hoping for just this "worst case" scenario of a QB controversy after they gave Sanchez a big contract. 

As a Dolphin fan, here's what I'm hoping for next. 

Sanchez starts the next three games against the Seahawks, Rams and Pats, and the Jets lose all 3 games with Sanchez playing poorly.  Under tremendous pressure from the owner and fans, Fat Rex starts Tebow......just in time for some weak competition.  Tebow wins 4 of 5 against the Cardinals, Jags, Titans, Chargers and Bills; and in doing so gets the team to 7 and 9 and secures his spot as the 2013 starter while Sanchez is cut.

With Tebow as the starter, that should guarantee that the Jets will be wandering in the wilderness for at least a few years. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 07:06:02 am »

Shocking that this "One in a Million Talent" and "Top 10 NFL QB" isn't starting already.

Teblow is horrible. I pray they let him start a few games. I need a good laugh!  Cheesy
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 12:28:18 pm »

Regardless of who starts at QB, I suspect big changes are coming to the Jets. BTW, Ryan has already said Sanchez is his guy and the problems go deeper that just QB.

I also predict Tebow will be gone from N.Y. after this year.

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:04 pm »

PRICELESS!!! Simply PRICELESS!!  Cheesy
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 01:00:36 pm »

I also predict Tebow will be gone from N.Y. after this year.

Why?  He still has two years left on his contract and he is a playmaker.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 01:52:52 pm »

Here is what I would have been doing since week 1....

If the drive ends in a FG or TD, than the next drive, same QB

If drive ends in a turnover or punt switch QBs.

Here is why:

1) All opposing teams must prepare for two totally different offensive styles of plays.

2) If something is effective against a particular teams defense you will be using it more, if it is ineffective you will be using it less.

3) Nobody can cry foul.  Neither the fans nor the players can say they didn't get a chance.

If after three or four games it is clear that one QB is typically playing 4-5 series in a row and the other one is typically only playing one in row, I would make the better QB the full time starter. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 07:15:47 pm »

Looks like next week IS going to be the week!! Sanchez was beyond awful today. 9/22 passing for 124 yards . ANOTHER Red Zone INT. Fumble.

We are finally going to get Tebow it looks like as a starter! Let the fun begin!  Cheesy

Update: Rex in the press conference just yelled at a reporter. Said he is starting Sanchez no matter what. Looks like Rex wants to be fired! Damn! Hopefully he changes his mind after a good night of sleep and foot play!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:18:41 pm by MikeO » Logged
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 10:49:05 pm »

I don't think the Jests are doing either of their QBs a favor right now with the way they're playing them.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 03:09:30 am »

I don't think the Jests are doing either of their QBs a favor right now with the way they're playing them.

I think you mean the Jets aren't doing either of their QB's a favour right now by playing them  Roll Eyes
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 09:29:44 am »

I think Rex wants it to be clear that Tebow is not the answer at QB, but he's trying to avoid the circus.  This is what you get, and Sanchez would be better off without Tebow over his shoulder all the time.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 03:13:26 pm »

I think Rex wants it to be clear that Tebow is not the answer at QB, but he's trying to avoid the circus.  This is what you get, and Sanchez would be better off without Tebow over his shoulder all the time.

Little late for that! ha ha ha ha!!

Sanchez, Tebow, and Sparano will all be OFF the Jets next year if Rex keeps his job. All 3 are done in NY. All 3 suck at what they do
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray