Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:13:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Merged - Tebow/Sanchez
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print
Author Topic: Merged - Tebow/Sanchez  (Read 38872 times)
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2013, 10:26:23 am »

Tebow to Jax WON'T happen according to the new GM! Might be posturing and just talk for now.

If this is posturing, it's impressive.  According to the new GM in a press conference

"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said. A reporter, apparently dumbfounded by the directness of the response, even asked Caldwell to repeat that quote and Caldwell did.

I was reading some of the comments to this article and a few others.  I'm shocked at the level of support that Tebow is getting.  90% of the comments favor Tebow starting somewhere as a QB.  I guess a lot of these comments are from Tebowmaniacs and not necessarily football fans.   They seem to feel that there's a conspiracy to keep Tebow off the field because of his religious views.  Honestly, the NFL would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tebow to be successful.  They have done everything they can to make him relevant.  Unfortunately for Tebow and his fans, you have coaches that need to win games.  I believe that Denver and NY saw what Tebow could do in practice, and knew he simply doesn't have the necessary skills. 

But all this is old news.  What I think is interesting is that most people believe he needs to change positions.  Either to an H-back or tight end.  Given that he hasn't played these positions, what makes anyone think he can do that in the NFL?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2013, 10:35:08 am »

But all this is old news.  What I think is interesting is that most people believe he needs to change positions.  Either to an H-back or tight end.  Given that he hasn't played these positions, what makes anyone think he can do that in the NFL?

I totally agree. He sucks as an NFL QB, a position he has played forever, what makes anyone think he can move to TE or H-Back?!

Tebow is not an NFL player. Period. He is in way over his head. He has had a few shinning moments here and there but thats it. His 15 min are about up on the NFL scene.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2013, 11:26:44 am »

I wonder if the Jets were to cut Tebow, if anyone would be running to his agent to sign him.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2013, 12:15:52 pm »

I wonder if the Jets were to cut Tebow, if anyone would be running to his agent to sign him.

I don't expect any team to talk to the Jets about a trade, and he will be released.  Once released, it wouldn't surprise me if no team signs him.  Many people think he may go to a team with an established QB like the Pats.  No one would want to sit Brady, so you avoid the controversy of having him play.  To me, this doesn't fly.  The offense you need to run with Tebow (read option) doesn't fit with passing teams.  If your team is set up to pass; so how do you switch that to a completely different offense.

If it makes sense for any team, wouldn't it be the Redskins, Panthers or Seahawks, where they already run an offense that features a lot of running by the QB?  Tebow would be a viable backup and could likely keep you afloat while you wait for your starting QB to return.

The question becomes - is it worth the distractions associated with Tebow to have him as a backup? 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2013, 02:11:44 pm »

The question then is - would Tebow sign for a team where he has literally no chance of starting.  I think he preferred to go to NY last offseason because he thought Sanchez was most likely to get benched mid-season, at which point he could take over.

Tebow won't sign anywhere without being guaranteed to start.  It'd have to be Jacksonville, Arizona, Philly, or maybe hmm, the Jets!  All other teams have their QB in place already.

Personally, I see Tebow's future pointing towards CFL...
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2013, 04:34:12 pm »

Tebow won't sign anywhere without being guaranteed to start.  It'd have to be Jacksonville, Arizona, Philly, or maybe hmm, the Jets!  All other teams have their QB in place already.

Personally, I see Tebow's future pointing towards CFL...

He isn't staying with the Jests, they had enough of his antics and clearly don't like him. Philly isn't going to bring him in, they got  Foles and he showed some promise late in the year. Buffalo has no QB but just brought in a guy who is going to run the "Saints style offense" so he ain't signing Tebow. Jax says they don't want him, I will take them at their word.Arizona has a few QB's who can't throw, why not add 1 more honestly couldn't hurt. That might be his best landing spot along with KC.  Only other team with QB issues is Oakland but I am not sure that is a good fit with their coaching staff. I think KC and Arizona are Timmy's best bets to win a starters job.

I think Tebow's NFL days are almost over and he will make a living preaching and doing charity work and stuff like that, which is fine. The guy just can't play on this level. He sucks!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:54 pm »

Let's see:

Kolb, Quinn, Cassel, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Gabbert, hell, even Henne and Sanchez

All better QB's than Tim Tebow.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

Let's see:

Kolb, Quinn, Cassel, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Gabbert, hell, even Henne and Sanchez

All better QB's than Tim Tebow.

There are a lot more names to throw on that list. lol lol
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:52 pm »

I'd rather have Charlie Batch, Joe Webb or Dan Orlovsky under center than Tebow... Hell, the tougher challenge is to name a QB on any current NFL roster that is NOT better than Tebow.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2013, 11:17:53 am »

If this is posturing, it's impressive.  According to the new GM in a press conference

"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said. A reporter, apparently dumbfounded by the directness of the response, even asked Caldwell to repeat that quote and Caldwell did.

I was reading some of the comments to this article and a few others.  I'm shocked at the level of support that Tebow is getting.  90% of the comments favor Tebow starting somewhere as a QB.  I guess a lot of these comments are from Tebowmaniacs and not necessarily football fans.   They seem to feel that there's a conspiracy to keep Tebow off the field because of his religious views.  Honestly, the NFL would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tebow to be successful.  They have done everything they can to make him relevant.  Unfortunately for Tebow and his fans, you have coaches that need to win games.  I believe that Denver and NY saw what Tebow could do in practice, and knew he simply doesn't have the necessary skills. 

Notice he said that Tim Tebow is currently a member of the New York Jets before that statement.  It could be posturing in order to avoid tampering charges.  Or he could really mean what he says.  This offseason will tell us what we need to know. 

I agree that if it is posturing, it's impressive.  Here's an article in the Miami Herald about Tim Tebow's situation.  The bottom line is, Tebow is a jack of all trades but a master of none.  And that won't get you far in the NFL.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/12/3178848/new-york-jets-tim-tebow-remains.html
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2013, 02:52:41 pm »

The bottom line is, Tebow is a jack of all trades...
Except throwing the ball...the #1 attribute you want in a QB. That's the bottom line.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2013, 09:10:53 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/tim-tebows-brother-happy-to-see-peyton-manning-lose/

Tebow's brother showing the family has some real "class"
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:46 am »

New Bears head coach Marc Trestman has ties to Teblow and worked with Teblow leading up to his draft. Chicago might be a new landing spot for Teblow.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/16/tim-tebow-chicago-bears-marc-trestman/1839161/

P.S..hope Brandon Marshall likes run blocking when Tim is under center...lol
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:54 am »

Talk about your personality differences...Jay Cutler's perpetual sad face and Tim Tebow's saccharine-sweet innocence? Well, I guess if it worked for Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh, it could work in the NFL.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2013, 12:13:29 pm »

Talk about your personality differences...Jay Cutler's perpetual sad face and Tim Tebow's saccharine-sweet innocence? Well, I guess if it worked for Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh, it could work in the NFL.

I wonder what Tebow's reaction will be when Brandon Marshall calls him vile names for not getting him the ball
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray