Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:36:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Merged - Tebow/Sanchez
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Merged - Tebow/Sanchez  (Read 39734 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

I know but rather have that big contract on the bench?  I don't know how it was structured...
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »

No.  The Jets should not start Tebow.  They should cut Tebow now.  Today.

Tebow does two things:
1) Sucks at quarterback.
2) Causes lots of controversy.

If you were going to have Tebow on your roster at all, you need to make the announcement on day 1: He is going to be a hybrid TE, FB, gadget player and special teams guy.  That's it.  That's all he'll ever be on this team.  He will never be given a chance to start at quarterback.   Anything less than that cripples your franchise.

That said, I hope the Jets start to play him.

Tebow did not ask to come to N.Y. Not his fault. I was rather depressed when I heard he was going to the jets. He deserves better and he DOES NOT SUCK AT QB. He is the best leader on that team and I hope he goes to a better team next year.

Did his wins at Denver show you nothing?? I will agree that there is controversy, but that is on Ryan, not on Tebow. He was a better passer before everyone started screwing with his delivery.

Also, in fairness, what  can you expect from a QB coming in for 5-6 plays a game and throwing 1-2 passes? Really?Huh

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 06:02:33 pm »

I was rather depressed when I heard he was going to the jets. He deserves better and he DOES NOT SUCK AT QB.
The Jets were the only ones that wanted him. Name 1 team that wants him now. He'll be out of the league in 2 years.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »

Tebow did not ask to come to N.Y. Not his fault. I was rather depressed when I heard he was going to the jets. He deserves better and he DOES NOT SUCK AT QB. He is the best leader on that team and I hope he goes to a better team next year.

Did his wins at Denver show you nothing?? I will agree that there is controversy, but that is on Ryan, not on Tebow. He was a better passer before everyone started screwing with his delivery.

Also, in fairness, what  can you expect from a QB coming in for 5-6 plays a game and throwing 1-2 passes? Really?Huh

No. Denver's win streak last year showed that three things. 1. Tebow is really only a running threat. 2. Prater is a clutch kicker. 3. That defense was not playing well in the begining of the season, but happened to start clicking when the win streak started.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »

Tebow did not ask to come to N.Y.

YES HE DID! Jax and the Jets offered the same round draft pick, Denver told Tebow he could pick his team. He picked NY!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 11:58:24 pm »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c664b/article/broncos-trade-tim-tebow-to-jets-jaguars-miss-out-on-bid

A league source told Lombardi that Tebow was given the option of joining either the Jets or his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars, who had jumped back into discussions, but the quarterback decided New York was the best choice. However, Tebow denied in his conference call with New York media that he was allowed to pick his destination.

Tebow's quote from another article: "Ultimately, I really didn't have any (input), because the Broncos had all that power," said Tebow. "It's (been) an interesting day. ... I'm excited to be a Jet at the end of the day."

That's kind of a sidestep statement.  Yes, the Broncos did have the power to choose where he went, but that doesn't mean they didn't ask him where he wanted to go.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 12:03:51 am »

But I am sure there is one dumb owner who will want him just for attention and to sell jerseys. But with Al Davis dead and Jerry Jones having other issues these days I'm not sure who it will be.
The Jaguars would pick him up in a hot second.  In fact, it would be dumb of them not to, unless they don't like making money.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 08:37:31 am »

Reports are that FIREMAN ED canceled his twitter account! He can't take the Jets losing anymore and the abuse he gets on twitter ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This is too funny!!!!!

UPDATE: Former Jets D-linemen is now talking trash to Fireman Ed.
Former Jets defensive lineman Kris Jenkins snarled on Twitter, "Guess he went back to the Dolphins," a reference to Anzalone's former fan leanings before he became the Jets' de facto mascot years ago.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:45:07 am by MikeO » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 11:39:50 pm »

I'm so tired of the excuses.  There are so many players that don't pick their team.  He's a great leader???  What does that even mean?  The guy can't even get on the field.

It showed me that is a terrible passing quarterback who was on a team with a world-class defense.  They eeked into the playoffs with a crap division and won a few games with a gimmick offense and incredible luck.  It was unsustainable.  The Broncos knew this, which is why they shipped their "incredible leader" out of town after 1 season of having to start him.  The Jets thought that they were a big enough team to handle the Tebow story and that he wouldn't consume the market.  They were wrong.  The Jets are garbage and so is Tebow (as a QB) so the story is all about him.  The Jets created this mess.  I agree its not Tebow's fault.  It's the Jets for putting him in a position to be a circus.

I expect Tebow to not be listed as a QB on any NFL roster for the rest of his career.  If you want to have him throw 3 passes a game like Ronnie Brown did -- fine.  But have him play FB or TE as a hybrid.  Look, I'm a Gator fan and I pull for Tebow as a "teammate" kind of character guy -- but he can't throw a football well enough to play QB in this league.

And if Tebow just sucked and that was that, I'd be fine with it.  It's that he clearly sucks (he can't beat out Sanchez), his coaches know it, but we still have to deal with excuses and a media barrage and "Tebow watch" on the Jets website and all this other crap.  ...don't get me wrong -- I love the idiotic circus.  But it kinda burns my ass that he still earns favor and excuses from people when he plays poorly.  Always.
[/quote]

I drink your milkshake!
Landshark
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 08:12:53 am »

Been waiting since 2005, bet your ass I'm digging this shit up. LOL

Just like at the end of the year, I'll be digging up EKnight's post on Tebow being the solution to the Jets quarterback problems.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:01 am »

I expect Tebow to not be listed as a QB on any NFL roster for the rest of his career. 

I think we can say the same thing about Sanchez.

The question for the Jets is not "is Tebow an elite QB?" it is "is Tebow a better option than butt fumble boy?"

Tebow is not pure passing QB, but he bring to the field an old-style Vick type option of running the ball for a first down if none of the receivers are open.  Sanchez brings nothing but turnovers.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:32 am »

If he never gets on the field, we'll never know if he's the solution or not. That speaks more to Rex's stubborn attitude than anything else. -EK
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:11 am »

Agree with EK here.

If you call Tebow a bust for the Jets you might as well also declare Mallot a bust in NE.  In fact when Tebow as been used he has been pretty effective at converting 3rd and 4th downs. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 11:24:57 am »

Agree with EK here.

If you call Tebow a bust for the Jets you might as well also declare Mallot a bust in NE.
Uh, not quite. Brady has been playing great, there's a good reason that Mallot is still on the bench. Sanchez...not so much.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

Uh, not quite. Brady has been playing great, there's a good reason that Mallot is still on the bench. Sanchez...not so much.

My point is we have very little data to make an analysis of either player.  Reason why Tebow is on the bench is the same reason Danny Woodhead was cut instead of Joe McVomit from the Jets.  (Tannenbaum's ego)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray