Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:17:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins vs Bills this Thursday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins vs Bills this Thursday  (Read 4417 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: November 12, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »

Fred Jackson is OUT and won't play. I think Miami coming off a bad performance will come out ready to play this week. Tough place to win though on a short week.

I will be in attendance for this one, should be interesting to see a bunch of liquored up Bills fans at a night game!!
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:47:03 pm »

Fred Jackson is OUT and won't play. I think Miami coming off a bad performance will come out ready to play this week. Tough place to win though on a short week.

I will be in attendance for this one, should be interesting to see a bunch of liquored up Bills fans at a night game!!

I've heard that those guys like to set fire to their Bills caps, then put it out by pissing on it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »

I've heard that those guys like to set fire to their Bills caps, then put it out by pissing on it.

Or rip off Dolphins gear from Dolphins fans and throw it into a bon fire. I have witnessed that first hand. (and they ripped it off a child on a cold December day)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:08:28 pm »

I have low expectations for this game.  Buffalo isn't as bad as they seem.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »

On defense they are. If Spiller is on they are tough on offense. Fitzpatrick does stink though. Problem is the atmosphere, a night game at home and the Bills might be "UP" for this one. If this game were Sunday at 1 I would like Miami's chances a lot more.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:40:46 am »

I am rooting for the Bills.  They are less of a threat to Pats than the Fins.

BTW- The Dolphins still control their own destiny for the division title, if the Fins win all remaining games they will win the division, regardless of what NE does in all of its other games.    Only 7 team in the AFC control their own destiny for the division and 8 for the wildcard. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:47:54 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsfins
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:59:00 am »

(Added to the Spiller concern)I'm concerned about Fitzpatrick running around,Chan Gailey moving the pocket,to make something happen.I wouldn't rule out a few trick plays....It's killed our defense the past couple of weeks.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:37 am »

I'll be at this game also, just checked the weather report, supposed to be low 30's...not bad for a night game in NY this time of year.  The Dolphins need to get ahead early and put lots of pressure on Fitzpatrick.  Lots of Dolphins fans at this game the last couple years, I haven't seen a problem with the Bills Fans in quite a few years, hopefully the long pre-game drinking won't be too much of a factor.
habfan5150

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 03:41:27 pm »

Bills 24
Dullphins 7
 Cry
sampras66

sampras66
Email
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »

Control own destiny? They can't loose to medeiocre teams.There not there yet .They will be crushed by the bills and there crazed fans all drunk for a night game.Only good thing is the coach has no idea what hes walking into.So maybe a win can happen.Huh? Evil
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:48:39 pm »

woohoo first game of the season i'll be able to watch - very nice!!
jimmythefinger

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 08:28:53 am »

CJ Spiller is going to run wild. Chan Gailey says they will get him 25-30 touches. Doubt he will do much on Rushing Plays unless he cuts back after getting stuffed like Chris Johnson did, but Spiller will probably rack up big yards catching screens and flare outs. If the Miami Coaches have any brains they will at least TRY to come up with a Defense to contain this. But odds are Spiller will be covered by Karlos Dansby most the night.

What's even scarier -- the Dolphin Coaches are gonna watch this happen and still not realize this is exactly what they should be doing with Reggie Bush. Apparently, they have never watched tape of Reggie Bush in New Orleans.

The Bills have the worst Rushing Defense in the NFL. The Fins should run all over them, but I don't think these Coaches got brains enough to manage this. Tennessee was like 30th when we played them last week and Miami netted a total of 54 Rushing Yards. The longest run all game was 15 yards by Reggie Bush, after which they benched him.

I know a lotta guys are still holding out hope for this Coaching staff, but I don't see any sign of any football IQ
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:18 am »

Tennessee was like 30th when we played them last week and Miami netted a total of 54 Rushing Yards.

While you cannot completly abandon the run, it is hard to try and play catch up to a team blowing your doors off by running the ball. Maybe Miami gameplanned to run the ball more but had to change given the way the game went. Why are you continually harping on run stats (only) from such a blowout?
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 10:38:22 am »

The Bills live and die with Fitz. Yes, Spiller is great, but that will not be enough. The Bills put up a big fight last week and were a play or 2 beating the Pats. Also, if you know anything about the history with these 2 teams, you can through out the W-L records.

Not feeling good about this one. Both Miami and Buffalo is inconsistent. It will be decided by which team shows up... Jekyll or Hyde?

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 10:56:37 am »

Control own destiny?

Yes.  If the Dolphins win the rest of their games they will win the AFCE, even if NE wins all of the rest of its games other than the two with the Dolphins.

OTOH, the Jets or Bills could win every remaining game this season and not make the playoffs.  That is the definition of control your own destiny. 

I am not betting they make the playoffs but they do control their own destiny. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray