Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Uniforms...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: New Uniforms...  (Read 76377 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:06 pm »

I understood it, I just thought maybe Armando the pot-stirrer got the item from Mike Dee's Twitter. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2013, 04:28:00 pm »

I don't know that the president of the Dolphins has fully mastered the internet to the point where he is perpetually aware of every leaked image.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »

You could estimate that people could approach him with a new leaked logo and say "is this the one" just to get his reaction.

I'm sure he's seen it.

But I also recall that the Marlins denied that their logo was leaked, even though it was the actual logo.

MIAMI (CBSMiami.com) – Florida Marlins president David Samson isn’t saying much, but he is calling the logo purported to be the new Marlins logo is inaccurate.

Samson told CBS4’s Jorge Sedano that the official unveiling is set for November 11 and he wouldn’t have any further comment on the Miami Marlins logo other than to say it’s inaccurate.

Samson’s comments came hours after a logo was leaked onto the Internet that showed a completely new logo for the Marlins when they officially become the Miami Marlins at the end of the 2011 regular season.

The logo was first leaked on a message board for the website, Chris Creamer’s Sports Logo Community. ESPN said they have confirmed that the logo is “in fact the real deal,” but Samson’s comments call ESPN’s report into question.

The leaked logo features a giant M in orange, blue, white, and yellow, with a small marlin silhouette above one of the peaks of the M.

The rumored new logo has a striking resemblance to the Whataburger franchise logo. In the Whataburger logo has a W instead of an M, but the letter M in the Marlins supposed new logo looks very similar to the W used in the Whataburger logo.

CBS4’s Facebook page didn’t offer the Marlins much hope if this is indeed the new logo. Viewer Richard Valdes wrote, “WOW that’s the ugliest logo I have ever seen,” and Corlez Dillet said flatly, “It’s ugly.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/purported-new-marlins-logo-leaked/

So, sure, Mike Dee, we believe you.  Roll Eyes  Wouldn't be the first time Armando made up his own story.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:21:08 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2013, 02:05:01 pm »

It's being reported that is in fact the horrible logo and the guy from Nike who leaked it is in hot water!!!

http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/03/22/new-miami-dolphins-logo-is-legit-source/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2013, 05:10:31 pm »

OK, time to spin:

I guess it's the second-best idea for a new logo I've seen?  It's MUCH worse than the one at the top of page 7, but it's better than the others, I guess.  Compared to the current logo (which I'm not really in love with anyway), I'd say it's a sidegrade.  To put it another way:  if the 2013 logo was the "longtime current logo", and they were talking about switching to the 2012 logo, I would be outraged.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:13:04 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »

Still don't believe this is the logo. Think this is all one big smoke-screen

IF it is the logo though, it's fine. Wouldn't have been my first choice but its not as bad as some are making it out to be
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2013, 08:29:49 am »

I can't spin it any other way. It's horrible and I can't imagine being popular outside of a minority group of people. I can't say that I understand not liking the current one either. It's pretty much stayed the same as it has always been. Personally in my 43 years I've never known anyone who has ever said "so and so" is my favorite team but I just wish they would change their logo because I really hate it ... and I've been around the Bucs forever. This certainly isn't an upgrade like the Bucs did!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2013, 10:35:40 am »

The success of the new logo depends on the success of the team. If we win  a SB  everyone will shut up about  it. Just like what happened in Denver. 

I think the current logo looks like the sunkist tuna.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2013, 10:56:27 am »

I think the new logo is an upgrade...but I've always felt the Dolphin-in-a-helmet logo was fairly cheesy.

It's horrible and I can't imagine being popular outside of a minority group of people.

Some people place more stock than others in having their opinion fall within "the majority." 

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:25 pm »

I can't say that I understand not liking the current one either. It's pretty much stayed the same as it has always been.
1) It's a dolphin wearing a football helmet.... and nothing else.
2) The actual team has never worn football helmets with a huge M on them.

I'm not at all opposed to the idea of a new logo, as I think the current one has room for improvement.  I always try to consider things outside of the context of "this is the way it has always been."  I thought the Falcons looked bad when they went to all black, and look a lot better with the red back as a primary color.  I think the '90s Giants looked better than the current ones.  I think the new Bills uniforms are one of the best-looking in the league.  I thought the mid-'90s 49ers uniforms were better than the ones they recently went back to.

Personally in my 43 years I've never known anyone who has ever said "so and so" is my favorite team but I just wish they would change their logo because I really hate it ... and I've been around the Bucs forever.
That should tell you a lot about the mentality of fans:  even when they have arguably the worst uniforms/logo of any team in all of sports, they still don't complain.  I'm sure there were people in '98 who loudly protested the change away from the creamsicle uniforms and Bucco Bruce.  Those people were rightly ignored.

el diablo
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2013, 05:45:55 pm »

Personally, I feel it's a disappointment. Because I'm comparing "what might be" to "what could've been". Subtleties, work for long term gains. Long term doesn't work for immediate improvements to attendance. A winning product does. But if you're going through the trouble of a logo change. Why not make a drastic change for the better? Tampa, Atlanta, & Denver are good examples. In the meantime, if this "new" logo is the one, I will be staging my own little protest. By buying old merchandise on clearance.
bsfins
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2013, 06:43:49 pm »

Flail Whale, I expected it..Angry Cry Undecided Personally I can't speak about the approval or disapproval of the current logo, those were about 4-5 years before my internet days.Back then I could count one one hand how many people that "liked" the Dolphins, only two would I consider "Dolphin fans" including myself...We liked the logo change back then.

It wasn't till I went the game at St. Louis a few years ago,I'd never seen so many other Dolphins fans,jersey's,Hats,Etc.Felt pretty cool seeing so many other fans...
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »

Some people place more stock than others in having their opinion fall within "the majority." 
Thats BS. I don't see a ground swell if support online or in real life but I do see many people complaining. The Dolphin stadium wasn't popular and this looks like that.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2013, 07:47:13 pm »

Thats BS. I don't see a ground swell if support online or in real life but I do see many people complaining.

Some (dare I say most) of the people who are complaining though are people who complain about EVERYTHING!!! Take it with a grain of salt.
stinkyfish

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2013, 08:16:51 pm »

I sure hope that ain't the new logo. That thing is terrible and hideous. This organization never ceases to amaze me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray