Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Uniforms...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: New Uniforms...  (Read 76381 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »

Thats BS. I don't see a ground swell if support online or in real life but I do see many people complaining. The Dolphin stadium wasn't popular and this looks like that.

That actually didn't contradict - or even really relate to - what I was saying at all. I said nothing about how many people liked it, complained about it, etc... I simply stated a psychological truism...that some people care more about being part of the majority than others.

I like the new one better than the current one, but the truth of it is that it really doesn't matter to me what they wear on their helmet. I'm sure the team did all of its due diligence regarding imagery marketing, and whatever they decide on...sign me up for a ball cap.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2013, 10:49:30 pm »

It's not great but I don't think it's as bad as many of you seem to think!  I'd probably prefer to just have Miami or Dolphins on the helmet than this logo but, I could live with it if this is in fact the actual logo.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:39 am »

This logo is the 2D equivalent of pure excrement.  It is, simply, "the FAIL whale."  This might be the worst possible logo I've seen.  It might be as effeminate as Tampa's homosexual, creamsicle pirate.

Those who I have shown it to have simply laughed and tried to console me for my team's continued shitty-ness in all matters.

Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2013, 01:42:12 am »

This logo is the 2D equivalent of pure excrement.  It is, simply, "the FAIL whale."  This might be the worst possible logo I've seen.  It might be as effeminate as Tampa's homosexual, creamsicle pirate.

Those who I have shown it to have simply laughed and tried to console me for my team's continued shitty-ness in all matters.

I think that's a bit extreme... honestly, how imposing could a Dolphin be anyway?  I actually liked the old Tampa Bay pirate... I like the new logo also. As been said some will like some won't... 'm sure some in Denver still miss the old logo just as some in the New England area miss the old logo.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2013, 04:26:10 am »

I think that's a bit extreme... honestly, how imposing could a Dolphin be anyway?  I actually liked the old Tampa Bay pirate... I like the new logo also. As been said some will like some won't... 'm sure some in Denver still miss the old logo just as some in the New England area miss the old logo.

The current & historical dolphin logos may not have been exactly imposing, but the image of jumping at its apex through a fiery ring (although that now is probably seen to be politically incorrect) still seems a lot stronger than one floundering on the ground tail up. Maybe they plan on adding a football balanced on its nose to be cute?

Really don't know what the heck is going on with the ring part for that matter, and the striped color scheme reminds me of three striped aqua-white-blue toothpaste (maybe a brilliant source of future sponsorship to go with the Seaworld?). I may support the team, but I wouldn't be seen dead wearing anything with that lame design on it - not that it matters, I've got plenty of flashback material to wear in its place.

There was an earlier suggestion of this thread about members being allowed an online vote - from first hand experience, this doesn't work if a stubborn management already has a design in mind. Further back I mentioned about the Adelaide Crows shocking new "Murder of Crows" clash jumper - there actually was an online petition for members to vote for one of three designs, none of them particularly good, but that one was clearly the worst. The online voting reflected this with it being particularly shit-canned, and the online vote was suddenly scrapped for no reason - sure enough this ugly design was revealed this season to the disgust of many members. Excuses included that the players liked it, it was popular with younger supporters, it will grow on you, etc, etc. Ultimately it was another act of a management that has completely lost touch with its supporters, and they then wonder why membership numbers/revenues are falling.  Roll Eyes

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2013, 06:01:01 pm »

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483183_541722235867924_990674857_n.jpg

Total photo shop job but hey something to look at
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »

^^ Oh, no.....
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »

While I like Orange and wouldn't mind seeing them wear it more......those are pretty bad.

This whole logo really sucks. I really liked the logo when it was released in 1997 and I thought it was a nice modernization of the current, at the time, logo. This thing though I really, really hate it. The only way I buy anything with that logo on it is if it says Superbowl Champions on it!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2013, 07:29:23 pm »

The part I don't like about it is that it goes the opposite direction every other team is going.  Everyone is going to sharper lines, industrial looking, with some dimension.  This is flat, wavy, and nothing scary about it.  I can't figure out what this does for them.

The general sentiment among die hard fans is fairly negative.  Why would the team brass continue pushing it?
el diablo
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2013, 07:52:02 pm »

If the logo went with that uniform, I could get behind it. I like the orange, and the way the logo was applied to the sleeves. The numbers looked pretty snazzy too. We'll see in less than a month how this all shakes out.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

Viewing this picture just made a shock of my hair turn white.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2013, 08:16:31 pm »

OK, time to spin:

I guess it's the second-best idea for a new logo I've seen?  It's MUCH worse than the one at the top of page 7, but it's better than the others, I guess.  Compared to the current logo (which I'm not really in love with anyway), I'd say it's a sidegrade.  To put it another way:  if the 2013 logo was the "longtime current logo", and they were talking about switching to the 2012 logo, I would be outraged.
The problem I have with it is that it doesn't look like a Dolphin jumping out of the water anymore. How do you know that's even a Dolphin? Could be a whale for all we know. I don't know anyone who thought the Dolphin jumping out of the water need to be changed. Removing the helmet I'm fine with, in fact I like that change and I'm pretty much fine with the look of the Dolphin as well, but I liked the Dolphin jumping out of the water look. I don't like this look.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2013, 09:02:53 pm »

I think the illusion of the dolphin jumping out of the water pretty much went away with the '97 redesign, which just looks like it's making an angry pose (and removed the white "splash" effect).  To me, the new logo looks like it's swimming upward preparing to breach (instead of apex of jump) which is neither better nor worse, just different.

And I hate to be Mr. Science, but... we all know dolphins are whales (and not fish), right?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:07:57 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »

One more thing:  people are complaining that the new logo looks too much like the Dolphin Stadium logo.  Ironically, one of the major differences between the two is that the stadium logo does have the dolphin jumping out of the water:

To be honest, the two logos are not very similar.  They both have a white stripe going down the side... that's about it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:33:39 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2013, 11:07:15 pm »

I think the illusion of the dolphin jumping out of the water pretty much went away with the '97 redesign, which just looks like it's making an angry pose (and removed the white "splash" effect).  To me, the new logo looks like it's swimming upward preparing to breach (instead of apex of jump) which is neither better nor worse, just different.

And I hate to be Mr. Science, but... we all know dolphins are whales (and not fish), right?
Ok, I knew a Dolphin wasn't a fish, but I didn't know it was in the whale family (I took Chemistry and Physics in school, not Biology). Still a Dolphin is a different sub-family so it's still different from a whale and since the team is called the Miami Dolphins it needs to be a Dolphin on the logo, not a whale.

And you know you LOVE to be Mr. Science.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray