Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:14:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - 49ers  (Read 4799 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »

In defense of Thigpen, when given the chance to make a play late, the defense gave up a 50 hard run to the QB. Who's to say that SF wouldn't have scored a TD whether they got a 1 yard field or a 90 yard field. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 02:27:45 pm »

^ Anything could happen at any point.  But I think that when you know what you know about this team, it's reasonable to think that we're not going to come back from down 10 to a team like the 49ers.  You had them on the ropes early.  To win that game, we probably needed a TD on our opening drive (that stalled) and then another break somewhere in the game.  You just can't have a team this devoid of talent trying to rally from behind.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 02:36:51 pm »

Sorry, when did Miami have them on the ropes?

Edit- I get what you're saying and I gave it to Thigpen as well, because the rule is one single player has to get it, so by default he earned mine. I just didn't feel that Miami was ever really in the game. They played flat, has no deep threat, seemed to pull Bush every time he got some momentum, and Tannehill looked like he does- missing some very easy makes and no deep balls. Wake was a monster to start, but after halftime, even he slowed down. I never saw Miami have them on the ropes, an overall the team seemed more like they were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. That's on more than just Thigpen. -EK
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:47:12 pm by EKnight » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »

In defense of the defense, any play that went for more than 5 yards at that point was game over.  When your defense has to commit fully to holding the next play under 5 yards or you lose, their strategy is significantly affected.

If the score was tied at that point, they would have been trying to prevent a field goal instead of a first down (and SF would have been doing less clock-burning gut runs and more passes).

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 03:06:32 pm »

^ Early in the game, SF was unable to score.  We were in a position to drive the field, take a lead, and put them in a position where they were susceptible to mistakes.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »

I blame Tannehill.  I've been a converted supporter but yesterday it was on him.  Game on the line, the guy overthrows 5 straight balls.  And if not for Fasano's amazing catch, he'd have choked that one off too.

The guy can't play with the game on the line.  I'm waiting to see him lead them from behind.  He's had the chance to do it plenty and failed all but once.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray