Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:35:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New blog post: Why Jeff Ireland deserves to keep his job
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: New blog post: Why Jeff Ireland deserves to keep his job  (Read 21565 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 06:39:00 pm »

I understand your point of view, but see it differently. If Fisher said I will come to Miami if Ireland is gone......then its not Ireland's fault then it falls on Ross's feet to make a decision who do ya want more?  Fisher or Ireland. Just the way I see it. Obviously you disagree.
What you are talking about is an evaluation of Ireland's decision making, which has nothing to do with whether prospects are avoiding Miami because they don't want to deal with Ireland.  If Fisher and/or Harbaugh wouldn't sign with Miami as long as Ireland was the GM, then that speaks directly to that point.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 06:49:24 pm »

Fisher and Harbaugh wouldn't come as long as [insert name here] was the GM, because they wanted full control.  It has nothing to do with Ireland specifically, he just happened to be the guy in that role.

If they stripped Ireland of his power and brought it to Fisher, giving him full control but not firing Ireland, I don't think he would have objected.  But that's stupid because Ireland would be a powerless figure with no real responsibility.
Landshark
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:14 pm »

Fisher and Harbaugh wouldn't come as long as [insert name here] was the GM, because they wanted full control.  It has nothing to do with Ireland specifically, he just happened to be the guy in that role.

Wrong again.  Both the Rams and the Niners have GM's. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 07:01:14 pm »

^^ I'm just going by what the media reported.  Personally, I think the Harbaugh thing was doomed and ridiculous to begin with because these idiots went to interview a guy for a position that was already filled. 

To me that's a bigger blunder than any of the player moves.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 07:24:11 pm »

Wrong again.  Both the Rams and the Niners have GM's. 

Having a GM and having "final say" are two different things.

Fisher was willing to work with Ireland, as long as he (Fisher) had final say
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113764/article/panthers-browns-buccaneers-among-teams-set-to-rise-in-2013

Gil Brandt throws some praise at Ireland and the entire Fins franchise going into 2013. Has them ranked as the #2 "team on the rise"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray