Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 08:27:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Dolphins should take a WR in the 1st round of the draft.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: The Dolphins should take a WR in the 1st round of the draft.  (Read 14820 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 04:58:47 pm »

If we could find someone to trade for Bess I would love to have Austin but we would still need to find a big target receiver somewhere.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Now that we have beaten the Tannehill issue to death, can we get back on track? At the very least can we talk about next year's draft rather then the last one?

can't believe we are still debating this Tannehill going #8 in December! lol lol

Tough to say what the Fins will do in Round 1 before Free Agency. But WR will be priority #1 this offseason above everything else.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »

If Dwayne Bowe or Mike Sims-Walker were the best options in FA, I might agree with the WR reach.  But there is a bumper crop of FA WRs this year; better to pay for a proven producer than roll the dice on a project.  I don't want another chicken-or-egg scenario where we sit around questioning whether Marshall is not scoring because Henne sucks, or whether Henne is failing because Marshall is washed up.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 05:50:52 pm »

If Dwayne Bowe or Mike Sims-Walker were the best options in FA, I might agree with the WR reach.  But there is a bumper crop of FA WRs this year; better to pay for a proven producer than roll the dice on a project.  I don't want another chicken-or-egg scenario where we sit around questioning whether Marshall is not scoring because Henne sucks, or whether Henne is failing because Marshall is washed up.

Totally agree. And lets be honest, EVERY agent of all the free agent WR's, the first call they are making is Miami this year. 1) Miami has LOTS of money under the cap. 2) Miami has a HUGE VOID at WR! To get their client max money....they are calling Miami first!  There is no doubt in my mind Miami is landing a big-time WR in free agency. Who? I have no idea but they are getting somebody.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray