Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 08:17:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2013 NFL Draft Prospect Info/Schedule
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Info/Schedule  (Read 6894 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 11:48:51 am »

Just a heads-up... The first two prospect showcase bowls are on TV this afternoon.

East-West Shrine game:  4:00 PM ET on NFL Network

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl:  6:00 PM ET on ESPN2

I'm going to be torn between watching those two plus all the opening day hockey action, but I've got plenty of munchies and a cold nearly-full 12 pack of Killian's in the fridge.

I can do this...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »

NFL Combine on-field activities start Saturday morning at 9 AM ET on the NFL Network...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »

The WRs have looked really good today...and as a group, might be the fastest WR class I've ever seen. Two WRs, Tavon Austin (who I really love) and Marquise Goodwin both challenged Chris Johnson's record 4.24 time in the .40.

edited to add this graphic of Tavon:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:34:30 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 02:33:26 pm »

Man these kids can fly!!!  And 2 of them are gigantic.  Marcus Davis and Chris Harper look like they can be that big and physical type as well as speedy.

Austin and Goodwin are tiny world class sprinters, and Patterson is simply a freak of nature.  This draft class might not turn out to be as bad as people originally made it out to be.  To quote MikeO when the Dolphins drafted Clyde Gates:

I don't care what the level of competition is, you can't teach speed!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:31:43 pm by Landshark » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 06:21:53 pm »

Quote from: Al Davis

I don't care what the level of competition is, you can't teach speed!

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »

This draft class might not turn out to be as bad as people originally made it out to be.
I think I have been saying this since the college season ended. You guys are late to the party.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:13:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 07:14:43 am »

^^Defensive front 7 this is one of the better drafts in a long time. Skill position wise this draft sucks.
el diablo
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 01:05:47 pm »

If the best D-lineman in the country was eligible, I would totally agree. But since there is no RG3 or Luck this year, its too easy to say that the skill positions suck this year. We won't know fir a few years how this turns out.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »

I think people either misinterpreted the talking heads, or just selectively listened. This draft class, as the devil noted, doesn't have a Luck/RGIII/Jadeveon Clowney/Calvin Johnson/Adrian Peterson type of superduperstar at the top, but there are a number of positions where there is quite a bit of depth, and quality depth. Could some of those "not quite superduperstars" turn into superstars? Sure, the odds say that at least a couple of players in this draft class will turn into stars, and a larger number will become solid NFL starters. The D-line class is insanely deep, and a team can get a starting caliber player in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Same with WR...no Calvins, but lots of very good receivers. I love the top end of the CB class, and see not only Dee Milliner becoming a star player, but Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes and a few others as well. I think the duo of first round OGs, Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper, will both be pro bowl caliber O-linemen.

QBs and RBs appear light, no argument, but if you're looking for all of the other positions, there should be plenty of opportunities to draft quality players this year.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 12:09:49 pm »

Below is the Pro Day schedule for individual workouts... I'll try to edit this every few days for the next 4 weeks with notes on player performances for prospects that fit Miami's need positions.

March 1: Purdue, Texas-El Paso

March 4: Alabama-Birmingham, Alabama State, Alcorn State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Dakota State, Troy

March 5: Auburn, Buffalo, Harding, Jackson State, Missouri Southern State, Northwestern, Tennessee-Chattanooga, Tuskegee, Youngstown State

March 6: Alabama A&M, Duquesne, Eastern Washington, Kent State, Mississippi State, North Alabama, Northern Arizona, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Texas Tech, West Texas A&M, Wisconsin

March 7: Arizona, Arkansas-Monticello, Clemson, Furman, Idaho, Illinois, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Syracuse, Washington State

March 8: Arizona State, Cornell, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Missouri State, Montana, Mount Union, Northern Illinois, Ohio State, Southern Mississippi, TCU, Texas A&M, Wofford

March 11: California (Pa.), Central Michigan, Penn State

March 12: Delaware State, Florida, Jacksonville State, Kansas State, Lehigh, Monmouth, Oklahoma State, Portland State, Toledo, Towson, Tulane, UCLA

March 13:
Alabama, Central Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Colorado, Colorado State, Louisiana-Monroe, Marshall, Maryland, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Rutgers, Washington

March 14: Arkansas State, California, Delaware, Fort Valley State, Georgia Tech, Grambling State, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Tulsa, UNLV, West Alabama, West Virginia, Wyoming

March 15: Arkansas, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Kansas, Oregon State, San Jose State

March 18: Air Force, Albany State (Ga.), Houston, Howard, Idaho State, Indiana, Memphis, Montana State, Valdosta State, Villanova, Virginia Union, Wake Forest

March 19: Florida A&M, Florida State, Louisville, Richmond (with Liberty), Sam Houston State, San Diego State, Virginia

March 20: Ball State, Baylor, Central Florida, Connecticut, North Carolina State, Ohio, Sacramento State, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia Tech, Western Kentucky

March 21: Boise State, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia, Kentucky, Miami (Ohio), New Mexico State, Old Dominion, Stanford, Stony Brook, Temple, William & Mary

March 22: Missouri Western, Tennessee State, Vanderbilt

March 25: Duke, Iowa, Middle Tennessee State, Stephen F. Austin

March 26: Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State, North Carolina, North Carolina Central, Notre Dame, Southeastern Louisiana, Texas

March 27: LSU, South Carolina, SMU, USC

March 28: BYU, Central Arkansas, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, Louisiana-Lafayette, Yale

March 29: Southeast Missouri State

April 2: Columbia

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray