Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:51:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Michael Egnew
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Michael Egnew  (Read 2578 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 04:21:22 pm »

Miller was a 4th round pick. Behind Bush and Thomas on the depth chart, what did some expect him to do? Run for 1,000 yards and 10 TD's and get all the carries?

He was a 4th round pick who worked his way into more playing time as the season went on. You don't pencil 4th round picks into starters positions and if they don't get lots of playing time call them busts. That's insane! Miller was fine this year and improved as the season went on. No issues with him at all.  That wasn't a "bad pick" by any means
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:52 pm »

Every team has draft hits and misses.  EVERY one.  I disagree with you, EK, on most of your assessments.

Cunningham - watch his college highlight reel.  He was a late-round flyer to try to find a diamond to address the hole at WR.
Martin - is working out.  Where's the beef?
Miller - might be your starting RB next season.  Good speed, good pick.
Tannehill - Not going to start again, but you're the ONLY one that hates him.
Thomas - good power runner, not all-pro level but a solid back.  Not sure about moving up, but maybe he knew someone in front that wanted him. Go get your guy.

I can see reason for every pick.  Whether they work out or not is predicting the future.  Its up to the coaching staff to turn these blank canvases into masterpieces and play to the strengths of his players.  Until this year, I didn't think our coaching staff was flexible enough to be capable of that.  In some ways, maybe they still aren't.

Totally agree Brian. Let's also not ignore picks Rashead Jones and Chris Clemons both late round picks who are playing very well for Miami!!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:24 pm »

Pappy 15 carries in 2 games when there's doubts about Bush returning next year is not a convincing argument. Even when he looked good and started to get momentum, he was consistently pulled. That should say something about the coaches' opinion of the guy. I don't think he was a bust, but when you have so many positions to fill and 5 RBs already there it wasn't a good pick IMO. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

I don't think he was a bust, but when you have so many positions to fill and 5 RBs already there it wasn't a good pick IMO. -EK

who were these 5 running backs? They had Bush and Thomas then a bunch of warm bodies that were only there for training camp. Nobody any good!

Miami had 2 running backs and a bunch of garbage players at the position
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »

What's the difference if they were garbage players or not, when Bush and Thomas got a massive amount of the carries anyway? A monkey could have suited up and got as many carries as Miller. In essence, no matter how much talent or potential he has, he was little more than a warm body based on the number of carries he got. He only got 2 more attempts than the QB! -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »

What's the difference if they were garbage players or not, when Bush and Thomas got a massive amount of the carries anyway? A monkey could have suited up and got as many carries as Miller. In essence, no matter how much talent or potential he has, he was little more than a warm body based on the number of carries he got. He only got 2 more attempts than the QB! -EK

So the 3rd RB on EVERY NFL teams roster who gets only a few carries because well they are the 3rd RB on the depth cart, they all suck according to your logic and are just "monkeys." They all suck and are no good? Interesting point of view you hold there.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 05:02:39 pm »

Pappy 15 carries in 2 games when there's doubts about Bush returning next year is not a convincing argument.
Circumstances. Miami only ran the ball 13 times against New England so not much work for any back there, but Miller did get 2 catches for 22 yards in that game so he still contributed in that game, just not much running the ball. In the Buffalo game when they ran the ball 29 times, Miller got 10 carries and gained 73 yards. Guess I'm just more convinced then you.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »

Stafford went #1 overall. Suh went #2 overall. AJ Green went 4th overall. ALL THREE of those players were off the board when Ireland was selecting guys in those rounds. Now Ireland "passed" on them too? lol lol
Seriously...  You talk like they get to just take whoever they want.  AJ Green went 4 overall when the Dolphins had pick #15.  I suppose your criticism is that Ireland didn't trade up to get him?

Let's just add Lamar Miller to the "EK hates this guy because Jeff Ireland picked him" list.  Sometimes  I think your goal is to convince everyone that all these guys suck to get people on the Fire Ireland bandwagon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:08:07 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:07 pm »

Circumstances. Miami only ran the ball 13 times against New England so not much work for any back there, but Miller did get 2 catches for 22 yards in that game so he still contributed in that game, just not much running the ball. In the Buffalo game when they ran the ball 29 times, Miller got 10 carries and gained 73 yards. Guess I'm just more convinced then you.

Where was he the entire rest of the year? Bush got hurt and they wouldn't even play him. Yes, I'm not convinced. I don't think he stinks. I don't hate him. But I don't think he's as good as you do, no.

Mike- Ray Rice was a second rounder. Long was drafted ahead of Flacco and Ryan (and everyone else) that year. What's your excuse there? -EK
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:36 pm »

Predicting the future again.  At the time, hell, up until this year, the argument for a stud LT could be made over Matt Ryan.  Of course a #1 seed for the Falcons and a 4th Jake Long injury later and it seems obvious.  But I'd contend that without Gonzalez, White, Jones, and Turner, Matt Ryan would be no better than Chad Henne.

But we'll never know that.

Toss up for sure but hindsight is always 20/20.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 06:37:26 pm »

Let's just add Lamar Miller to the "EK hates this guy because Jeff Ireland picked him" list.  Sometimes  I think your goal is to convince everyone that all these guys suck to get people on the Fire Ireland bandwagon.

I Disagree Brian. He just hates the Dolphins in general!!  Now he is rooting for the Panthers to beat Miami by 3 TD's next year! Yeah he is a Dolphins fan though...lol
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »

Mike- Ray Rice was a second rounder. Long was drafted ahead of Flacco and Ryan (and everyone else) that year. What's your excuse there? -EK

How the F' did Ray Rice get in this thread? P.S....EVERY TEAM passed on Ray Rice since he went in Rd 2. Some teams passed on him TWICE! So we hold this against JUST Jeff Irleand now? WTF kind of logic is this?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray