Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A stadium upgrade deal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: A stadium upgrade deal?  (Read 86586 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2013, 10:23:16 pm »

Keep in mind Palm Beach County has not offered the Dolphins anything of the sort as of Thursday.

Nothing that has gone public. Maybe they have initiated contact with the Fins once the whole deal fell through last week.

As we learned last Friday what happens BEHIND THE SCENES doesn't always come out and will catch people by surprise!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2013, 12:02:39 am »

I don't know if I will have the chance, but if I see Weatherford on any Florida ballot I am voting on, I will vote for whoever is running against him.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2013, 12:26:10 am »

Nothing that has gone public. Maybe they have initiated contact with the Fins once the whole deal fell through last week.

As we learned last Friday what happens BEHIND THE SCENES doesn't always come out and will catch people by surprise!

I couldn't agree more...and here are a few more maybes that haven't gone public yet, but might potentially be possibly happening in some form, somewhere behind, beneath or within the scene:

1) The Dolphins are secretly in negotiations with Reno, Nevada, and plan on changing the team name from the "Dolphins" to the "Cokeheads"
2) Team officials have convinced Dion Jordan to get a sex change operation, because they figure one more hot cheerleader will boost attendance
3) Dave Gray is considering changing the website name to "The Dolphins Make Me Scratch My Nutsack," which will be a temporary site until he's ready to launch "The Cokeheads Make Me Scratch My Nutsack"

Maybe...just maybe

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:31 am »

I couldn't agree more...and here are a few more maybes that haven't gone public yet, but might potentially be possibly happening in some form, somewhere behind, beneath or within the scene:

1) The Dolphins are secretly in negotiations with Reno, Nevada, and plan on changing the team name from the "Dolphins" to the "Cokeheads"
2) Team officials have convinced Dion Jordan to get a sex change operation, because they figure one more hot cheerleader will boost attendance
3) Dave Gray is considering changing the website name to "The Dolphins Make Me Scratch My Nutsack," which will be a temporary site until he's ready to launch "The Cokeheads Make Me Scratch My Nutsack"

Maybe...just maybe

Yep because there were articles published by newspaper on those topics and those are realistic things that could happen!
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2013, 01:45:40 am »

Phin, it has already been established that the money the Dolphins spent was to pay for the referendum voting process. Weatherford doesn't see that money or get any of it.

As for the bill, it seems once again the focus is that all it did was allow South Florida voters to decide on this tax. That was just a small portion of the bill. It also included hundreds of millions of tax dollars and other sports teams. The House had about 2-3 days if I recall to consider a bill involving a lot of tax money. House Dems froze the legislature for one of those days because of healthcare issues. The South Florida representatives were the loudest in protest about this bill. I can see why this thing never came up. I think Ross and Dee are passing the buck a bit here. This thing could have been handled differently but I think Ross thought it was going to be a piece of cake when in reality it wasn't.

That said, I wish it could have gone through. In addition to the stadium upgrades it would have been very helpful in Orlando's building of a soccer stadium.
OK I ask again were did the money go. It did not get a vote on the floor and it did not get a vote by the people so where did this 4.8 million go. I understood it as to cover the cost of the vote if it passed? If you think weatherford did not get a chunk you are fooling yourself plus people are coming forward saying they heard the conversation that it would hit the floor . And by the way the dolphin stadium vote was for Miami Dade too choose but other counties could use it to apply for the same help but it would still have to be voted on.In other words miami dade did not decide what happened in orlando.
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2013, 02:10:25 am »

I say again Weatherford is in the sports cross fire he needs to be drug into the main frame news. He expected this to go away and it should not. If he did what they say he did he should be investigated. But Americans are simple minded I mean sanford Got his job back after abandoning his post running of for a mistress lying then confessing. By the way if anything would have happened he was unreachable during that time where his vote would have been important. Yet he is back in position to do it again. Don't get me wrong I just mean he should never have that position again. Yet he does ergo americans are simple forgetful etc.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2013, 11:37:25 am »

Yep because there were articles published by newspaper on those topics and those are realistic things that could happen!

Aside from the obligatory "learn to recognize a joke" commentary... I'm looking at the cover of a newspaper right now with the headline "Boy Trapped in Refrigerator Eats Own Foot." I can find articles in newspapers right now that speculate about aliens, vampires, and every other manner of creative tripe.  Maybe you just need to recalibrate your newspaper bullshit filter... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2013, 11:44:49 am »

^^ surely you don't consider the National Enquirer on par with the Sun Sentinel or Palm Beach Post.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2013, 11:49:27 am »

^^^ I consider all three to be below par...but that headline I posted was actually in a number of mainstream newspapers as well.

My point was "take anything you read in a newspaper with a grain of salt until you can confirm it."

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2013, 12:36:42 pm »

^^ surely you don't consider the National Enquirer on par with the Sun Sentinel or Palm Beach Post.

exactly!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2013, 01:22:31 pm »

There is absolutely nothing to suggest anything is going on beheind the scenes.  A reporter asked would you be willing to relocated, he said I would consider it. 

If the reporter asked "if Belichick offered to trade you Brady for Tannehill?"  Dee would have responded the same way, "we would consider it"  Doesn't mean that trade negotionation are going on. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2013, 01:33:20 pm »

There is absolutely nothing to suggest anything is going on beheind the scenes. 

exactly!

Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:45 pm »

Their reporting its more accurate than 99 percent of those fish wrappers out there
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »

Their reporting its more accurate than 99 percent of those fish wrappers out there
Ha...now that's funny and true humor if you believe that!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2013, 03:52:01 pm »

There is absolutely nothing to suggest anything is going on beheind the scenes.  A reporter asked would you be willing to relocated, he said I would consider it. 

and he just picked Palm Beach County out of the air? Why not Broward? Why not another neighboring County?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray