Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:01:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A stadium upgrade deal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: A stadium upgrade deal?  (Read 86553 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »

and he just picked Palm Beach County out of the air?
Why not Broward?
Why not another neighboring County?

Yes
Who knows
Who knows.

It's not like Dee brought up Palm Beach County, it was a reporter. Are you implying that the reporter was the one with behind the scenes knowledge of some arrangement with Palm Beach County?

If the answer to that question is yes, my next question would be "Are you high?"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »

Yes
Who knows
Who knows.

It's not like Dee brought up Palm Beach County, it was a reporter. Are you implying that the reporter was the one with behind the scenes knowledge of some arrangement with Palm Beach County?

If the answer to that question is yes, my next question would be "Are you high?"

Maybe the reporter was told something, has uncovered something, or was leaked something that he can't go public with yet cause it will reveal his source or he can't verify his original source and needs another source to back it up. So he asked Dee the question hoping to get a hard answer or more info. He didn't get that type of answer, but it's not a crazy notion. It happens all the time. It's called a reporter "working a story." Take a journalism class for christ sakes!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2013, 04:46:15 pm »

Take a journalism class for christ sakes!

Done and done, University of Maryland, 1986. I also currently work full-time as a freelance writer, and co-owned a publication company for 5 years. I do appreciate you giving me the third grade version of the reporting process though.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »

Done and done, University of Maryland, 1986. I also currently work full-time as a freelance writer, and co-owned a publication company for 5 years. I do appreciate you giving me the third grade version of the reporting process though.

Well you might need a refresher!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »

What I could use is less "MikeO is infallible" rhetoric...

~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

If the reporter asked "if Belichick offered to trade you Brady for Tannehill?"  Dee would have responded the same way, "we would consider it"
Nah, he would have said, "I don't fucking THINK so!!!!"  LOL

You are living on borrowed time Hoodie.*

*The opinions of the author are not endorsed by these forums or any of it's subsidiaries, actually pretty much anyone other than the author himself.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:46:24 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2013, 05:44:27 pm »

What I could use is less "MikeO is infallible" rhetoric...

This is what you have resorted too? Seriously! I thought more of you Sunstroke!

Landshark
« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2013, 06:47:47 pm »

This is what you have resorted too? Seriously! I thought more of you Sunstroke!

He's trying to be the next EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2013, 07:16:18 pm »

When your response to a post is "why don't you take a chemistry class?" and the reply is, "I have, because I'm a professional chemist," the correct response is to shut up and drop the subject.

Furthermore, I fail to understand how making claims about secret deals that cannot be disproven has anything to do with "journalism."  That's almost literally the opposite of journalism; it takes no effort at all to serve up fact-free hypotheticals about how maybe Stephen Ross is in negotiations to sell the Dolphins to Magic Johnson.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2013, 08:35:25 pm »

^^^ ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!

Thanks for the input, Tommy...

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2013, 09:21:27 pm »

Furthermore, I fail to understand how making claims about secret deals that cannot be disproven has anything to do with "journalism."  That's almost literally the opposite of journalism; it takes no effort at all to serve up fact-free hypotheticals about how maybe Stephen Ross is in negotiations to sell the Dolphins to Magic Johnson.

Nobody is making a claim about anything, I just don't think every news item reported is "made up" or a pulled out of thin air. There has to be a "first report" at some point on issues! One reporter just pulled Palm Beach County out of thin air? Mike Dee could have just said, nope not true. He didn't! Sorry I don't buy it, the reporter could have asked about 4 neighboring counties but he asked about that one  specifically. Dee could have just denied it like he has when asked about Ross selling the team, he can give a STRAIGHT ANSWER to that question but not this one? Tell me why? One reporter asks a simple question that he doesn't get a straight answer too, another reporter from another paper wrote an article on the subject because he feels there is more to this story that is worth investigating at this point...yet nope it's all a lie, could never happen, and people who don't follow this subject and who don't even talk with anyone involved know more than the reporters themselves. Everyone is making stuff up! Yeah...sure!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:25:05 pm by MikeO » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »

Clearly. But at least EK didn't use bad comedy lines and horrible attempts at sarcasm in every post thinking he is some  stand up comedian! I would tell Stroke he isn't funny and to stick to his day job but if he is claiming to be a reporter/writer in his day job well he clearly sucks at that too!

(don't be ofended Sunstroke, above was just sarcasm and humor...no biggie. I can play that card too. Just say anything ya want and claim its "a joke" and "sarcasm" don't get worked up over it)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:25:59 pm by MikeO » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2013, 09:44:56 pm »

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/miami-dolphins-still-hoping-to-win-super-bid-despi/nXm6Y/?icmp=pbp_internallink_invitationbox_apr2013_pbpstubtomypbp_launch

Ben Volin adding onto the "Palm Beach report"...

Earlier this year, a high-ranking team source told the Palm Beach Post that the Dolphins likely wouldn’t consider trying to build a stadium in Broward County because elected officials there have shown little interest in providing public funds for the team.

But the source said that the team would investigate sites in Palm Beach County, most likely in the western portion of Delray Beach or Boynton Beach.

Hmm, that question by the reporter is starting to make a little more sense now uh!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14:06 pm »

(don't be ofended Sunstroke, above was just sarcasm and humor...no biggie. 

You wouldn't know good comedy if clawed its way out of your ass and started speedbagging your nutsack.

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:43 pm »

You wouldn't know good comedy if clawed its way out of your ass and started speedbagging your nutsack.

yeah still not funny. Keep trying though!

P.S... Even now "working blue".....you still are not funny! Just sayin!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray