Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:12:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A stadium upgrade deal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print
Author Topic: A stadium upgrade deal?  (Read 86653 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2013, 01:29:08 am »

Mike Dee could have just said, nope not true. He didn't!
Why would he want to say "don't worry guys, we're definitely not moving the team no matter how much you jerk us around?" immediately after being jerked around?   OF COURSE he's going to say that they are "open-minded to all long-term options."

Sorry I don't buy it, the reporter could have asked about 4 neighboring counties but he asked about that one  specifically.
If the reporter had asked about any one of those other counties, please explain why you would not be here right now pointing at that county instead of Palm Beach.

This is like receiving a random trash hand in poker and then squealing about how unlikely it is to receive that exact combination of trash.  You had to receive something if you're playing the game, and the reporter had to pick a county to ask about.  That's it.

Dee could have just denied it like he has when asked about Ross selling the team, he can give a STRAIGHT ANSWER to that question but not this one?
You sure have an interesting interpretation of a straight answer of denial:

But neither Ross, Dee nor any other human on Earth can guarantee this franchise’s long-term permanence in South Florida when the current owner or his estate sells — something that eventually will happen.

“That’s correct,” Dee said.

So Mike Dee publicly guaranteeing that Ross WILL sell the team is a "straight answer of denial?"  How does that work?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:35:52 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Landshark
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2013, 09:43:48 am »

What I could use is less "MikeO is infallible" rhetoric...

This is what you have resorted too? Seriously! I thought more of you Sunstroke!

Clearly. But at least EK didn't use bad comedy lines and horrible attempts at sarcasm in every post thinking he is some  stand up comedian! I would tell Stroke he isn't funny and to stick to his day job but if he is claiming to be a reporter/writer in his day job well he clearly sucks at that too!

(don't be ofended Sunstroke, above was just sarcasm and humor...no biggie. I can play that card too. Just say anything ya want and claim its "a joke" and "sarcasm" don't get worked up over it)

You wouldn't know good comedy if clawed its way out of your ass and started speedbagging your nutsack.

yeah still not funny. Keep trying though!

P.S... Even now "working blue".....you still are not funny! Just sayin!

MikeO vs SunstroEK.  Let me turn up my surround sound and grab my popcorn.  I can't wait to see this train wreck.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2013, 10:08:41 am »

^^Not gonna happen Landshark.

I got into it yesterday but I am over it and have moved on. If he intends too keep it going that's on him and I have no control over that.

I come to this site to talk football.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:22:36 am by MikeO » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2013, 10:22:07 am »

If the reporter had asked about any one of those other counties, please explain why you would not be here right now pointing at that county instead of Palm Beach.

I ain't changing your mind. You aren't changing mine so no sense in keeping this going forever. But, the Ben Volin article covered this yesterday. The Dolphins have kicked around the idea of moving to Palm Beach County with a new stadium in the past and it is something they have done a little work (granted very little at this stage) on. So the question was legit the other day. The didn't just pull Palm Beach county out of thin air. If you don't believe that...I don't know what to tell ya.

Earlier this year, a high-ranking team source told the Palm Beach Post that the Dolphins likely wouldn’t consider trying to build a stadium in Broward County because elected officials there have shown little interest in providing public funds for the team.

But the source said that the team would investigate sites in Palm Beach County, most likely in the western portion of Delray Beach or Boynton Beach.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/miami-dolphins-still-hoping-to-win-super-bid-despi/nXm6Y/?icmp=pbp_internallink_invitationbox_apr2013_pbpstubtomypbp_launch
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »

and he just picked Palm Beach County out of the air? Why not Broward? Why not another neighboring County?

The reporter.  Because he wanted a story. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2013, 05:17:46 pm »

The reporter.  Because he wanted a story. 

Or maybe because the FACTS are the Dolphins have investigated and kicked around the idea of going to Palm Beach County for a while now. Like Ben Volin reported.

Whatever though, believe what ya want!
el diablo
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »

Well, that settles it. Dolphins to Brevard County! Reports soon to follow (or maybe not).
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »

I would love a stadium in west Delray.  That'd be great.

I drink your milkshake!
Landshark
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »

I would love a stadium in west Delray.  That'd be great.

There is a LOT of raw land in western Palm Beach County.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2013, 11:44:20 pm »

Dave's ideal case would be if the Dolphins came and played football in his back yard.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2013, 05:21:29 pm »

In all seriousness, though, I think that the sweet spot for sports teams down here is Ft. Lauderdale.  We basically have 2 population centers -- Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and West Palm (with cities in between). 

Ft. Lauderdale is a good balance, where people from all of those places can reasonably get to a game.  Where is is now (Hallendale, just a little bit South of Ft. Lauderdale) is pretty good.  Miami is a strange city.  It's not like Chicago and New York in that the people that go to the games don't live downtown.  Look at the Miami Arena....nobody living there is going to those games.   It's all low income housing.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2013, 06:46:27 pm »

I agree with you there but the land in Fort Lauderdale is developed.  You would have to buy out entire neighborhoods in order to garner a big enough plot of land for a stadium, parking, etc.  I would LOVE it if the dropped a football stadium on Las Olas Blvd, but its just not feasible.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2013, 11:35:52 am »

I think that another good spot would be where the Sawgrass dumps off.  I think it's SW 10th street.  You have a good piece of land to start with where there is an indoor soccer thing.  Then, you have access from the Sawgrass, I-95, and the turnpike, as well as local roads, like Military Trail and 441.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2013, 02:08:40 pm »

^^ there is Quiet Waters park right there, which they could easily build a stadium in.  Shut down the county park and build a football haven.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2013, 02:19:22 pm »

Yeah, you could even keep the water and make it part of their waterslide complex.  Add bars and restaurants, starting with the Deerfield mall that's already there.  Basically, just create a downtown environment between Hillsboro and 10th, and the Turnpike and Powerline.  It would all have to be stadium and parking, but it could be a downtown environment like Citiplace + Water Park + Stadium + Parking.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray