Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:18:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The luck of Bill Bellichick
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The luck of Bill Bellichick  (Read 3406 times)
Landshark
« on: January 13, 2013, 06:57:49 pm »

As the Cleveland Browns coach, this guy could never get a break.  As the Patriots coach, if this old bastard fell off a skyscraper, someone would put a stack of matresses beneath it.

What the fuck??
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:29 pm »

In Cleveland he had a clueless owner that meddled.  Kraft turned over the team completely to BB after the first SB win.  Prior to that the only thing Kraft and BB had disagreements on was Brady.  (BB wanted to draft him in the 4th round, Kraft didn't want to waste a draft pick on him.)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:20 pm »

Is there any evidence for the claim that BB wanted to draft Brady earlier than he did?

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »

Hate the little prick, but love the facts he rants and raves over every play...that fire has been emblazed in that franchise because of him!

Schaub and others need alesson from Brady on firing up your team and following it up with pinpoint passes!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »

Is there any evidence for the claim that BB wanted to draft Brady earlier than he did?
Yes, I heard an interview with Kraft in which Kraft mentioned BB wanted him in 4th round, 5th round and with an earlier 6th round pick and each time Kraft overruled him and then with the 2nd 6th round pick he appeased BB even thought he thought it was a waste of a pick (keep in mind NE already had 3 qbs and carried 4 that year) 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:39:21 pm »

I don't like BB but he ain't lucky, he is just that good!
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 07:50:23 pm »

I don't like BB but he ain't lucky, he is just that good!

No he is not.  If he is just that good, then the Browns would have a Super Bowl ring.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 07:51:21 pm »

No he is not.  If he is just that good, then the Browns would have a Super Bowl ring.

If the owner didn't announce the team moving in the middle of the year he might!!!! Modell sabotaged that season for them. And they were really good that year and on a roll up until that point when the move was announced!!

It's also like saying if Don Shula is so damn good how come he never won the Super Bowl in Baltimore? It's silly logic!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »

BB didn't even get to choose which QB on the roster would start when he was in Cleveland. 

Model's made Al Davis look like a hands-off type guy. 

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 08:06:16 pm »

BB didn't even get to choose which QB on the roster would start when he was in Cleveland. 

Model's made Al Davis look like a hands-off type guy. 

BB is the best HC in the game...not even close...maybe one of the Harbaugh's, but he not only runs the show, he is like a GM/Coach with his great finds in so many drafts.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 08:12:17 pm »

I do not like the Patriots, but I think that Belichick is one of the truly great NFL head coaches of my lifetime. If I were making an off-the-cuff list, it would look something like...

1) Bill Walsh
2) Tom Landry
3) Don Shula
4) Bill Belichick
5) Chuck Noll

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »

^^^

Can't disagree AT ALL with that list.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray