Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:58:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Next up, Jake Long?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Next up, Jake Long?  (Read 13022 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: March 08, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

Should Miami re-sign him or not? Yes or no? Let's assume that he won't take less than 11 million a year.

I'm leaning toward no I don't think he's worth 11 million. I think we should turn towards the draft and (man I CAN'T believe I'm saying this but...) draft ANOTHER offensive lineman. I would prefer NOT the first round, maybe one of the 2nd's but draft one and then piece together your line next year. Maybe bring in a veteran lineman to compete. The offensive line was good enough at the end of last year without Long.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »

for 11 million?  No.  Spend that money on keeping both Sean Smith AND Reggie Bush.  Bye Jake.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »

no more than $8 or 9 mill. Which I know he will refuse and other teams will offer more but I ain't giving this guy a mega deal he is always injured or dinged up and playing less than 100%

If he wants to be here and take a hometown discount work with him and try and make it work. Otherwise....SEE YA!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 04:05:41 pm »

I would like to see us retain Long, if possible.  I think it's worth the injury risk.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:13:34 pm »

^^ I would, as well, but he has to WANT to come back.  And for that, he has to be willing to take less than what he's asking for.  He's asking to be the highest paid tackle in the NFL.  Is he worth that much?  Let's be reasonable, Jake. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:14 pm »

The only way I seem him taking less than 11 million is if no one gives it to him. Maybe in that scenario he comes back to the Dolphins.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 04:31:47 pm »

The only way I seem him taking less than 11 million is if no one gives it to him. Maybe in that scenario he comes back to the Dolphins.

By the time he figures that out Miami might have already spent all their money on guys like Wallace and Cook and there is nothing left for Jake. IF Jake wants to stay in Miami he better decide by Tuesday 3:59pm
bsfins
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

I'm shocked we've not heard a peep about Fasano...I thought he'd be the first guy to re-sign..(I want to go another direction personally)

I honestly don't have a clue what to do,in regards to Jake Long.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:17:48 pm by Lil B » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 07:36:54 pm »

I'm shocked we've not heard a peep about Fasano...I thought he'd be the first guy to re-sign..(I want to go another direction personally)

Fasano is getting chump change. He has no market. He is a back-up TE in this league, not like teams are knocking down his door. If he stays or leaves, who cares
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 07:42:14 pm »

I honestly don't have a clue what to do,in regards to Jake Long.

There are rumors out there tonight that Long was in Miami today to take a physical (ie prove his health). And Miami has a tentative deal with Winston in place. The ball is in Long's court right now.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 07:57:35 pm »

I would not resign Long for anything under a very team friendly deal. His health lately has been spotty and his production has slipped, probably due to his health. If you are going to make a player the richest ever at their position, it better be a slam dunk. Especially with a perennial loser who finally has cap space and hope. He is not a slam dunk, so we should let him walk unless he wants $8 Million a year and a contract that is worthless after 2 years.

Highly unlikely that happens.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 12:18:22 am »

Fasano is getting chump change. He has no market. He is a back-up TE in this league, not like teams are knocking down his door. If he stays or leaves, who cares

I care whether Fasano goes.  The guy has scored 14 TD's in the last three years (5,5, & 4), and has been practically injury free.  He should be getting $6 Mil + per year if they are going to pay Hartline that much.  And I don't want to hear about Hartline's 1000 yds last season.  If you take away the 285 yds, and his lone TD of the year, in the Arizona game, which by the way the Dolphins lost, then Hartline had 765 yds and zero TD's.  Hartline had a whopping 3 Td's in three seasons.  MikeO I don't see how you can be ga ga over signing Hartline, and then throw Fasano and Bush out with the trash when they are the guys scoring the TD's.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:03 am »

I care whether Fasano goes.  The guy has scored 14 TD's in the last three years (5,5, & 4), and has been practically injury free.  He should be getting $6 Mil + per year if they are going to pay Hartline that much.  And I don't want to hear about Hartline's 1000 yds last season.  If you take away the 285 yds, and his lone TD of the year, in the Arizona game, which by the way the Dolphins lost, then Hartline had 765 yds and zero TD's.  Hartline had a whopping 3 Td's in three seasons.  MikeO I don't see how you can be ga ga over signing Hartline, and then throw Fasano and Bush out with the trash when they are the guys scoring the TD's.

I wasn't "ga ga" as you say over signing of Hartline. Thought it was a good move, but I wouldn't say "ga ga." Bush is old and always injured I don't pay big bucks to guys like that. Especially at a position where its easy to find guys cheap  who can put up equal production.

I have NO problem with Fasano, bring him back.....as a #2 TE and pay him as a #2 TE because that is what he is!! You want to pay him $6+ mill a year which is beyond foolish! That's not his market.  This team hasn't had a winning season in a while, this notion of bring everyone back at all costs is silly. We need to UPGRADE at some positions and that means we gotta get rid of some  guys. Cause this current group ain't getting it done!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 04:08:05 pm »

Reading some of tweets of Jake Long's wife some are thinking they are moving on from Miami and won't be back
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 03:44:20 pm »

If you take away the 285 yds, and his lone TD of the year, in the Arizona game,

I absolutely hate when people do this. Why the need to say take away...? It was part of the guy's year. It counts on the stats. Let's not play what if and just discuss what is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray