Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:34:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Freeney has Fins in his Top 3 teams to play for
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Freeney has Fins in his Top 3 teams to play for  (Read 1771 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: March 28, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »

Reports are Lions, Broncos, Dolphins (in no special order) are currently the 3 spots he wants to play for. He wants in or around $6 mill per year.

el diablo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:30:14 pm »

Have fun in Detroit.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »

Nobody will give him more money than what Osi got. I still think at the end of the day he ends up with Peyton in Denver
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:10:43 am »

I don't see the Dolphins tying up 6 million for an aging DE.  But I can't be sure.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

I don't see the Dolphins tying up 6 million for an aging DE.  But I can't be sure.

come May when FA is essentially over (of big name guys) and the draft is over and that money is allocated if they got a bunch of left over cap space, on a 1 year deal I could see them absolutely doing it. Wont tie up the cap long term or hurt them in 2014
el diablo
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »

If they were in "win now" mode, I could see it. He's not durable enough to warrant a one year commitment.
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:11:30 pm »

I don't either.  I wouldn't mind tying up $6 million for the Dwight Freeney of 2006  though.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 05:43:39 am »

1) He isn't going to get $6 mill. That's what he wants.

2) If its a 1 year deal I would rather give Freeney the money and put him in the JT role (situational pass rusher) when JT was here his final year, than let the cap space sit there un-used! Not gonna effect anything long term beyond this year so who cares
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 10:18:39 am »

^^ I agree with that, don't waste the space.  But do you really think they're going to start the season with free money?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 11:35:16 am »

^^ I agree with that, don't waste the space.  But do you really think they're going to start the season with free money?

uh, yeah!
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 01:35:30 am »

One of the things I have to say Ireland is doing good, is that hes not going after aging players. He hasnt made the best of decissions in the past but when it comes to this offseason I think hes doing a pretty good job and not signing older players. In fact hes gettin rid of older ones and replacing them with younger. The only thing im worried about is that I dont want the Dolphins to turn into the Eagles "Dream Team" two seasons ago. Just signing top free agents and puttin them on the same team doesnt guarantee anything. In fact too many divas and leaders together actually means no leaders and lack of chemistry all together.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:25 am »

If the primary problem this team is having is that they are signing too many good players, I'll live with that.

The idea that building a "Dream Team" should be avoided because PHI sucked doesn't make sense to me.  Sure, if you are going to be Dan Snyder and sign a bunch of washed-up vets that would have been a Dream Team a decade ago, that's a problem.  But acquiring top talent is a good thing.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 07:07:22 am »

Signing top talent/big names isn't the problem. Signing Top Talent/big names to BAD CONTRACTS is. Ireland has signed guys to a bunch of 1 year deals and even the Wallace contract is only a 3 year deal in reality and they can always re-work that and lower his cap number in a couple years if need be.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray