Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:33:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Next up, Jake Long?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Next up, Jake Long?  (Read 13028 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2013, 12:41:32 pm »

Jake left St.Louis with NO DEAL

Ireland might win this and get him at his price!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:34 pm »

I would be more than happy to have Long back at the right price.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:04 pm »

I would be more than happy to have Long back at the right price.

Ireland won this battle for sure if he comes back
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2013, 03:53:51 pm »

Personally as a guy who is not a fan of Ireland so far this year he has had a good run. I hope to see it continue and getting Long back would not hurt. 

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:00 pm »

Personally as a guy who is not a fan of Ireland so far this year he has had a good run. I hope to see it continue and getting Long back would not hurt. 

Ireland has done a great job this free agency period. Addressed the WR need by signing Wallace, overpay a little, maybe but oh well not the end of the world. Wallace in reality got 3 years $37 mill, that ain't awful.  Locked up Hartline on a great 4 year deal, essentially a 3 year deal with a club option for a 4th. Signs Gibson just now!! Keller on a nice 1 year deal. Then at a "BREAK EVEN COST" got rid of 2 older linebackers for 2 younger and maybe more productive linebackers that has no effect on our cap this year and helps our cap at this position going forward. And he might get Jake Long back at "the teams number" or close to it instead of Jake's outrageous number he was wanting.

And Ireland still has $9 mill of cap room he can add at anytime by cutting 3 guys, Marshall, Patterson, Carpenter. So we currently have $20 mill plus of cap room and can add around $9 mill more any second we choose too. Not cap hell, can save enough room incase Revis isn't traded and he is on the market next year to sign him (assuming he is healthy).

And we STILL have a bunch of draft picks this year.

Ireland has made a ton of mistakes, no doubt. But he has done a masterful job thus far in free agency. Masterful!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2013, 09:10:08 pm »

Incognito has taken to twitter to start a campaign to get Jake back to Miami. If Jake doesn't return he might have got himself some bad blood with the front office and coaching staff and might find himself out of a job.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2013, 07:11:41 am »

St.Louis newspaper reporting today that Long passed his physical and there were no "red flags"
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2013, 08:25:53 am »

St.Louis newspaper reporting today that Long passed his physical and there were no "red flags"

Meaning he passed a physical for them today? Or that he had passed his physical previously, but still returned to Miami nonetheless?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2013, 08:34:25 am »

Meaning he passed a physical for them today? Or that he had passed his physical previously, but still returned to Miami nonetheless?

no he passed it the other day and returned to Miami
Landshark
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2013, 09:44:41 am »

I'm still skeptical about bringing back Jake.  His play has declined big time due to his rash of injuries.  And he doesn't fit Coach Philbin's zone blocking scheme.
Landshark
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2013, 03:48:21 pm »

A source close to the team has said the Dolphins have re-opened negotiations with Jake Long and are closing in on a long term deal.  The two sides are not far off.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »

Ben Volin reported Jake was at Miami's facility today. And that Jake is not going to get anywhere near the $10 mill a year he wanted
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2013, 06:53:20 pm »

I would welcome him back with the right type of deal. His play declined due to injuries, but when healthy he is still a top linemen. So, give him a contract that takes into account his injuries and prevents the team from getting crushed if he gets hurt again.

If Jake returns, the draft is entirely defense and that's fine by me.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:51 pm »

http://deadspin.com/dolphins-center-richie-incognito-is-big-time-man-crushi-454753768

The Incognito-Jake thing from last night. And they didn't even post all of the stuff. Like Richie saying his dad will dig Jake a pool if he returns to Miami and how he will buy his wife some bikini's and stuff. Or when Pouncey got involved at one point and jumped in and started going off about how Miami needs Jake back in Miami. Deadspin left some of the good stuff out.
el diablo
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2013, 08:43:55 pm »

The importance of chemistry. These three have it. Its not so simple about plugging player A into position B. Its in Jake's corner now. Money vs. Bros. I'm with Richard. You complete us, Jake. Come home.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray