Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:12:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 142206 times)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:23:45 pm »

I will not polish this turd.  This logo sucks.

Bingo!!!!!

I just checked the NFL Predict the Pick page and they have changed it back to our "current" logo.

How about a tweet from one our players retweeted by Mike dee?
Here' is Jared Odrick with a T shirt of the new logo..
https://twitter.com/JaredOdrick98/status/316975229551386626/photo/1

I saw this on the Dolphins Facebook page as well.

As much as I hate it, it looks like we are stuck with this......turd!!!!!  Cry

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 04:40:52 pm »

Let me be clear:

I think the new logo is better than any other iteration of the official logo.  (By a not-insubstantial margin.)  I think this logo is an upgrade, plainly put.

That being said, there is still room for disaster in the new uniforms.  The fact that they apparently didn't switch back to the '70s aqua (as evidenced by the small piece of fabric we've seen) is encouraging, but the jury is out.

A good uniform design will make this a good move.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 04:51:50 pm »

I think this logo is an upgrade, plainly put.

I couldn't disagree more.  I think that the only logo that we've seen that is an upgrade is the one that is similar to what we have now, with more blue incorporated, the offset sun, and the helmet removed.  It also had some "fire in the belly".  It is great.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »

That particular logo was an upgrade over everything, true... but as that turned out to be a fake, I wasn't including it in the comparison.  I was only comparing the previous Dolphins logos to the 2013 logo, and in that comparison I prefer the new one.

As I've said before, if the 2013 logo had been around and someone had proposed changing to the 1997 logo (or any earlier one), I would say that it's a horrible move and the "proposed" logo looks cartoonish and stupid.

I think there are some underappreciated classical elements to the 2013 logo.  I definitely think it will age better than any other logo I've seen (and that includes the really good fake logo).

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 05:02:03 pm »

You said this:
I greatly prefer the logo in the OP to the one in that video.  That new logo is bland and uninspiring.

I agreed with that statement.  It sounds like you're changing your tune a bit.

Also, Mike Dee/Steven Ross are full of crap.  We had the logo leak on here as of December -- linked from our local FOX affiliate, not some scrub, so there's no way the club didn't know it was out there for 3 months.  They are claiming that it was leaked March 19th.  What a bunch of manipulative liars.  I'm pissed about how this was handled.  There is no good will with the ownership and the fanbase.  Stop lying and manipulating us.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

Suggestion:  Buy up any old logo merchandise when your local stores put them on clearance.  When the pats changed logos I bought one hat for dirt cheap.  I should have bought more and saved them to sell later.

60% off ALL old Dolphins gear at NFL.com right now
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »

You said this:

I greatly prefer the logo in the OP to the one in that video.  That new logo is bland and uninspiring.

I agreed with that statement.  It sounds like you're changing your tune a bit.

That wasn't quite the same logo.

It had no eyes, which makes a big difference.  The color scheme was also significantly worse, IMO.

What I said about the real logo (or something much closer to it) was:

I guess it's the second-best idea for a new logo I've seen?  It's MUCH worse than the one at the top of page 7, but it's better than the others, I guess.  Compared to the current logo (which I'm not really in love with anyway), I'd say it's a sidegrade.  To put it another way:  if the 2013 logo was the "longtime current logo", and they were talking about switching to the 2012 logo, I would be outraged.

However, since that post, the newer logo has grown on me.  I am warming up to the idea of not having a furious mascot like every other team.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:13:58 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »

60% off ALL old Dolphins gear at NFL.com right now

Where are you seeing this....currently all I see is 25% off all Dolphins gear?

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 05:25:17 pm »

To add to things that suck about this logo, it doesn't even make sense.  The logo is supposed to be the Dolphins jumping up in front of the sun.  So you kept the sun, but now the dolphin is swimming.  Is it swimming to the sun?

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »

This new dolphin soars when it leaps out of the water, instead of the old dolphin's weak "throw me a fish at Seaworld" jack-knife crap...

'fess up, Dave...you're already scheduled to have this new logo tattooed on your lower back. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 05:47:22 pm »

The color-scheme on this one is better than the leak in Dec.  But to say the logo wasn't leaked because it didn't have an eye on it and there was a slight color differentiation is pretty weak.

Also, the official sun is better than the previously leaked one.

I will say that the official logo, overall, is better than the previously leaked logo -- but they're both similar and worse than what we had, and especially worse than the other fan mock-up.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »

I couldn't disagree more.  I think that the only logo that we've seen that is an upgrade is the one that is similar to what we have now, with more blue incorporated, the offset sun, and the helmet removed.  It also had some "fire in the belly".  It is great.
Agreed. That one was better then what we had, this one isn't.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
bsfins
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

I call Dibs on the carpet with the huge old Logo on the Dolphins locker room floor... Cheesy Just putting that out there.... Cheesy Grin

Sorry I've wanted that for awhile now...
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »

Where are you seeing this....currently all I see is 25% off all Dolphins gear?

They sent me an email today saying 60% off. But I Just checked and i guess its only certain items not everything

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=19718696&lmdn=Team&f=PAD/Team/Miami%20Dolphins&fbc=1&fbn=Team|Miami%20Dolphins&?&csm=414236691&csc=1570290&csa=470997630&csu=1570314
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 06:20:16 pm »

The color-scheme on this one is better than the leak in Dec.  But to say the logo wasn't leaked because it didn't have an eye on it and there was a slight color differentiation is pretty weak.
I'm not saying it "wasn't leaked;" in fact, I called BS when Brian mentioned Mike Dee's claim that the official logo was not leaked anywhere on the internet.

I'm just saying that the Dec. picture was a lot worse than what we ended up with, and that my disapproval of that Dec. picture doesn't really reflect my feelings about the real 2013 logo.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray