Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 142244 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 06:23:05 pm »

^^We are ALL DOOMED!!! They've ALREADY converted Spider.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 07:04:53 pm »

They sent me an email today saying 60% off. But I Just checked and i guess its only certain items not everything

Gotcha....I think I will wait a few weeks until after the "official" release and the prices on gear will start dropping quick and I will load up. Going to have to buy me enough to last for many years lol..... Wink

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:31 pm »

Get ready for the "Throwback" Jake Long jerseys...  Tongue

The new logo isn't terrible it's not great either.

The facemasks originally were grey so changing them to white isn't really that big a deal.

I still think they should have gone retro (1966-73) but what the hell.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:34 pm »

Well, looks like that's two of my favorite teams I'm sticking with throwbacks.  Two more to go, c'mon Panthers and Heat, let's get on the ball and ruin your logos.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 08:16:58 pm »

Lil B, can you do a mock up of the 2013 logo on an orange background with the white and orange of the sun inverted?  I just want to see something.

el diablo
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35:45 pm »

I call Dibs on the carpet with the huge old Logo on the Dolphins locker room floor... Cheesy Just putting that out there.... Cheesy Grin

Sorry I've wanted that for awhile now...

Dammit, Lil B!
bsfins
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 09:49:04 pm »

Sorry,I was working on another project...I haven't made this logo before,I don't have it on hand....So I had to draw it (and take some liberties),as the only pics of it,are low resolution.Most of them are all on White backgrounds also.....So it's not perfect...I was on the last layer (the white)..and Illustrator crashed,and I didn't save it..I Started over... Embarrassed

Will this work? to get the idea
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?upms0yb2aa3twwn
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »

That's very close, but can you make the sun and the background the same shade of orange?  I wanted to see what the logo looked like "inverted," as it were.

If you actually drew that, that's... incredibly impressive.  The dolphin is practically a perfect copy.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:22:10 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

el diablo
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 11:25:37 pm »

I just want to know. What the ideas that didn't make it out of the boardroom. Seriously, how does this one stand out among all the rest? It doesn't scream, "Buy Me!" At least not to me. If these "reporters" with sources really wanted to do their job, how are they not breaking that story? I don't need to know reasons. I just want to know what didn't pass.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
bsfins
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36:19 pm »

in Adobe Illustrator,it's like tracing with illustrator,it's easy... Cry (not the live trace in Illustrator)

I fixed the "sun" edge that went from orange to white,it was bugging me...
http://www.mediafire.com/?epzc88hrbwm1waw

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 11:40:26 pm »

I think Dave said it best:

I think I'm against letting fans pick.

People don't know what they want, in terms of graphic design -- you like what you know and are already familiar with.  But that's not good for branding. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:46 pm »

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 12:16:46 am »

Maybe if enough fans complain about it , they will make a change 7-12 yrs Roll Eyes

el diablo
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:12 am »

I think Dave said it best:

I bet the people at Coke felt the same way while they were preparing to unleash New Coke. Fans may not be able to build a consensus on what they want. But they can on what they won't. This is one of them. Floating a "leak" helps to establish a feel for the people's acceptance level would be. If the goal is to sell merchandise, why brand a logo the majority can't stand? Personnel descions shouldn't be fan based. That's the owner's investment. But this logo would be the fan's investment. As far as investing their hard earned money into merchandise acquisition.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 08:53:50 am »

I kind of like it.

First, I hated anything blue in our colors.  It was like bringing part of Dallas to this team.  I never understood bringing blue into the colors of this team.  They didn't belong.

Second, I love the new logo is the original colors of the logo without going Marlins loopy.

Third, the original logo was like a Dolphin jumping through a hoop.  I love the team...I was never sure how I felt about the logo of an animal doing tricks for people.

Let's face it.  "Dolphins" isn't the most fierce name for a team to begin with, we're just used to it.  This captures a true spirit of a Dolphin more than the previous cartoon-like logo.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray