Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 142185 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 09:11:25 am »

You said this:
I agreed with that statement.  It sounds like you're changing your tune a bit.

Also, Mike Dee/Steven Ross are full of crap.  We had the logo leak on here as of December -- linked from our local FOX affiliate, not some scrub, so there's no way the club didn't know it was out there for 3 months.  They are claiming that it was leaked March 19th.  What a bunch of manipulative liars.  I'm pissed about how this was handled.  There is no good will with the ownership and the fanbase.  Stop lying and manipulating us.

Just because it looks similar does not mean it is the logo Dave. Companies are very protective of logos. That is marketing 101. They are technically correct that the real logo was not leaked as far as I know. There was a look alike but not the logo. I know it is ticky tack but that is the way organizations feel about their brand.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 09:14:58 am »

Thats probably their excuse but we all know its a lie. Try marketing that logo and see how fast they say its theirs!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

I bet the people at Coke felt the same way while they were preparing to unleash New Coke.

I heard an interesting story on this from someone. They told me the Coke change happened as companies were changing their sweeteners. The switch to New Coke was a ploy where they understood people would recognize the change so they make a switch, tell people about it, say they are bringing back Coke Classic but in reality it is also a different formula with the new sweetener.

end hijack
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:20:31 am by Phishfan » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30:14 am »

I'm not saying it "wasn't leaked;" in fact, I called BS when Brian mentioned Mike Dee's claim that the official logo was not leaked anywhere on the internet.
To be fair, that was Dave's statement.  I questioned it.

I actually like the new sun - its going in the right direction.  I think they can save the logo by releasing hot-looking uniforms.  And the facemask change to white clearly suggests to me that the helmet may be going away from white.  I would be happy if they went to a orange helmet and put the partial logo on it.  I'm going to try to mock it up, but I suck a photoshop.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 10:55:28 am »

An orange helmet with a white facemask?

Unless it's upside down and holds a soft-serve ice cream sundae, that doesn't sound attractive at all. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 11:28:34 am »

I kinda like it:

I don't think there's any hope they go away from the white helmet, but it was worth the 10 minutes of painting.  It would probably look better if someone with at least 1 ounce of Photoshop skills did it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:47 am »

I'm trying not to be pissed off just to be pissed off and say that I'm never going to buy anything.  I'm sure I'll warm to it eventually.  On the mock helmet, it looks better, but I think it's because I like the single aqua stripe.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 11:48:30 am »

And the facemask change to white clearly suggests to me that the helmet may be going away from white.  I would be happy if they went to a orange helmet and put the partial logo on it.  I'm going to try to mock it up, but I suck a photoshop.
That was the reason I asked Lil B to do that inverted logo.

Orange helmets won't work.  The dolphin looks like it's bursting through the page.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:50:05 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:14 am »

The white on white in the other thread looks pretty cool.
stinkyfish

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »

I kinda like it:

I don't think there's any hope they go away from the white helmet, but it was worth the 10 minutes of painting.  It would probably look better if someone with at least 1 ounce of Photoshop skills did it.

I like that OK. I think a grey helmet with white outer flames, white facemask, and orange sun center would look good also. Kind of like this, only a couple shades darker grey on the helmet. I have no skill at this kind of thing, but someone should do a better mockup.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »

That's a nice looking mockup.

stinkyfish

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »

That's a nice looking mockup.

Thanks, I didn't spend much time on it. I think the grey should be a bit darker so that the white in the face mask and sun ring contrast more.
Cdogg

Ckeating982
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:01 pm »

I couldn't disagree more.  I think that the only logo that we've seen that is an upgrade is the one that is similar to what we have now, with more blue incorporated, the offset sun, and the helmet removed.  It also had some "fire in the belly".  It is great.

Then how can you say that fans are idiots and don't know anything about branding or logos , when this was CLEARLY the fan favorite??  You say fans want what they already know and the logo your talking about is pretty close to that.  Your contradicting yourself.

PS-  Don't get me wrong.  I agree with you 100% and think we should have gone with that logo too.  It's way cooler!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 11:05:27 am »

Then how can you say that fans are idiots and don't know anything about branding or logos , when this was CLEARLY the fan favorite??  You say fans want what they already know and the logo your talking about is pretty close to that.  Your contradicting yourself.

I don't think I'm being contradictory at all.  First off, let's stick with the facts.  This is not CLEARLY the fan favorite as the logo you're referring to came in 2nd in the fan voting.  The winner was this: https://99designs.com/designs/20274529~2f35aef635b60498901578ace5f02b53a82cf1a4-original

But even if they picked the one I like, it's still a bad process to have the masses vote on this kind of stuff.  Logos, taglines, etc. -- are about branding and team identity.  Good ones need to be well thought out and come from within an organization.  They need to go hand in hand with a goal from the top of the organization down.  Did you know that in Enterprise rental commercials, the car is wrapped in brown paper, because they are trying to give you "the total package"?  It's unlikely that a customer knows that.  But, it's still a brand identity and those working in the organization carry that message on down.

My main gripe with this logo isn't that I don't like it.  It's more that it is bland, uninspiring, generic and I feel that it says nothing about the organization.

The other logo that I liked was fierce, modern, and had fire in the belly, yet it still paid homage to the traditions of the organization.  The one thing I'll say about this logo is that the color change has meaning.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:36 am »

Most people won't even notice the color change.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray