Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:23:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 142234 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:45 pm »

It's tough to know which scenario is the case when people will complain loudly either way.
You're absolutely correct. All I can tell you is that I don't like it and it's not because it's different.

That logo was basically a photoshop of the old logo, so it was much more familiar.  Not many people objected to the '97 logo, either.
What can I tell you? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You seem to be of the opinion the old logo was broken, I was not. I would have been on board with an attempt to make the old logo better. I would have even been on board for a completely new logo if it was a terrific logo. This logo isn't it. It's uninspired. They made it less iconic. They made the look less exciting. They made the colors more pastel. The only thing they got right was removing the helmet which was the only thing that was really holding the old logo back. If they wanted to change the direction of the logo then do it. Completely redo it. Put the city of Miami in the background. Put the word Miami or Dolphins in letters or something. Do something BETTER, not just sissify it. Everytime I see the logo now, I see the word SeaWorld under it just like CF Dolfans avatar and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:51:09 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
el diablo
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2013, 08:47:58 pm »

Why, God? Why?
Did you check out the New Era draft hat?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »

el diablo
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:58 am »

"Now THAT is despicable!" - Daffy Duck
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:31 am »

I think we can all agree the most common thing we ever see in that position is Shamu when they bring him up front to pose, I see dolphins all the time in the wild and at Sea World and they are never posing like that.  You can add or take away anything and it still looks stupid to me

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »

I actually like it a lot better with the helmet...
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2013, 04:11:51 pm »

I actually like it a lot better with the helmet...

That logo actually looks a lot better.  No confusion if it is the seaworld logo or one for a football team. 

New logo with some maintaining of tradition is always the way to go for logo changes. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

That logo actually looks a lot better.  No confusion if it is the seaworld logo or one for a football team.
In point of fact, of the 32 team logos, exactly four (NYJ, CLE, OAK, TB) have a reference to football (and OAK's reference is leather-style helmets, which they weren't even around for).

New logo with some maintaining of tradition is always the way to go for logo changes.
Maybe they should have stuck with a dolphin superimposed on a sun.  You know, for tradition's sake.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:47:14 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2013, 05:49:22 pm »

I think we can all agree the most common thing we ever see in that position is Shamu when they bring him up front to pose, I see dolphins all the time in the wild and at Sea World and they are never posing like that.

Maybe they should have kept the iconic previous pose, which was not at all identified with Sea World and killer whales like Shamu...

---

Listen, if you just want to say, "I hate the new logo because it's ugly," fine.  But please don't use weak rationale like "Now it looks like something from Sea World" or "Now it looks soft and unintimidating" or "Now no one can even tell it's for a football team."  These excuses are lame.

No one is confused as to whether the Lions logo is actually for the Detroit Zoo.
No other animal mascot in the league wears a helmet.
The cartoon dolphin was never intimidating.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:52:18 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »

It looks like a jet taking off to me.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2013, 09:36:00 pm »

Maybe they should have kept the iconic previous pose, which was not at all identified with Sea World and killer whales like Shamu...

---

Listen, if you just want to say, "I hate the new logo because it's ugly," fine.  But please don't use weak rationale like "Now it looks like something from Sea World" or "Now it looks soft and unintimidating" or "Now no one can even tell it's for a football team."  These excuses are lame.

No one is confused as to whether the Lions logo is actually for the Detroit Zoo.
No other animal mascot in the league wears a helmet.
The cartoon dolphin was never intimidating.
look who's arguing crap that doesn't matter. Your right Spidey... Dolphins are known for those pics and come to think of it, I did always think killer whale on the old logo.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2013, 10:39:13 pm »

Welcome to Page 9 of the Crap That Doesn't Matter thread.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2013, 11:40:21 pm »

Welcome to Page 9 of the Crap That Doesn't Matter thread.

I agree. I didn't think people would get this worked up over a logo! I mean seriously people, it's a logo that was changed slightly!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2013, 08:36:15 am »

Obviously it was more than slightly. In the past people have complained but a lot of people REALLY dislike this logo. Off hand I can't think of any that was do uniformally disliked by the fans. I mean even Ireland had supporters last year that were defenfing him more than if we win you'll forget about it.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:52 am »

Obviously it was more than slightly. In the past people have complained but a lot of people REALLY dislike this logo. Off hand I can't think of any that was do uniformally disliked by the fans. I mean even Ireland had supporters last year that were defenfing him more than if we win you'll forget about it.

No its a slight change. Is it still a Dolphin jumping through a sunburst or whatever the hell you want to call it? YES. So they removed it helmet, changed the direction of its tail, and some facial features. To me that's a slight change!

What Tampa, the Patriots, Denver....they did drastic changes. What Miami did was slight!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray