Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:59:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 143281 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2013, 06:07:57 am »

I say protest, Miami Dolphin fans are the most passionate in the league and many of us are not afraid to publicly voice opinions.

The last Dolphins fan protest a year ago had about 10 people show up outside the headquarters. It was sad and pathetic!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:33 am »

^^^^^^^
10 person outcry
http://helmet2helmet.com/2012/03/19/dolphins-fans-organizing-mass-protest-tuesday/

just like the  30 person rally
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827bbcb1/article/angry-group-of-dolphins-fans-stage-organized-protest.

Also, I did say it may be something petty. Like i said, if your that determined. People will organize and bring more than just a pathetic 10 - 30 person rally just because of a logo. 

Or they could be like you and I , and just bitch about it on the message boards in which the point does not get across.

Oh and to mention that most Dolphin fans are in other parts of the states and country.  The Majority of people livin in So FLA are COMMUTERS.  How many of us Fin fans on these Boards alone are in another state/country.  Im living at a military base in GA. just an example, AZ Fin fan, Tenshot, etc are in different locations.  Majority of people in South FLA go to fins games because football is there. 

Anyways, I would not mind wasting my time to organize something like a protest but i wont do it with just a bullshit number of people. I would really be pathetic.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:45:07 am by DZA » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2013, 11:04:52 am »

I think that protesting things like this is stupid and I have better things to do.  Plus, it doesn't matter.  The best hope for the protest is for other people who don't like the changes to pick up on it and be more vocally unhappy on things like social media, where it will then spread.  But it all comes down to merchandising sales.  If the old logo outsells the new logo, we'll have the old logo back.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:30 am »

I think it'd be cool to get a custom hat made with the other logo floating around.  Does anyone know if that can be done with any level of quality?

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47:52 am »

^^ It can be done but its gonna cost you.  Willing to pay $60-100 for a hat?  If so, you can do it. 

You'd need to have that logo digitized for embroidering and then bring it to an embroiderer and have it done.  It was like 4 colors.  The hat itself is the cheapest part.  If you know an embroiderer, then you might get it cheaper.  There are sites online that will do it.  Also, if you order a LOT of them, like 100, the digitizing cost can be divided among them.
bsfins
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »

Vectors of the logo No problem...

This one,I vectored it awhile ago.

These are the "other" Dolphins logos I made so I could use them...All vectored...(I also did lot's of Cubs logos,and Avalanche logos)

I've used sportslogo.net for quite a few years, I've enkoyed seeing the old cubs logos,and how they have changed.

You know what?  I give a shit about this.  I care....a lot.  I hate this logo more and more every day.  It's to the point where I'm angry when I look at it.  Football really makes no sense.  We're taking pride in the physical accomplishments of others.  It's really like a gang mentality.  You get behind it so that you can rep your clothes, be proud of your affiliation, and bond with your brethren.  And things like this logo change make me not want to do that.  I'm embarrassed that I would be asked to wear that on clothing.  It makes me ashamed of the team.

I got a piece of mail from the team yesterday and it had the new logo on it.  I gritted my teeth. 

I hate it so, so much.  I just don't see myself getting over it.  I really hate it that bad. 

I agree with most of this...Accept I don't feel the anger,but sad when I look at it.Makes me feel sad,and pathetic...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:17:13 pm by Lil B » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2013, 12:55:17 pm »

^^ The tail looks wierd on that one.  Not sure why.

But, still, when I said "digitized" it has to be converted to a program that the embroidery machine can read.  Typically some software that drives the needle path and stitching and stuff.  There may be more advanced ones now that you can just load a graphic and go, but I looked into this a few years ago and decided it wasn't worth it for a one-off item.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:14 pm »

I still feel like the new logo is a reasonable choice.  Please keep in mind that the fan logo we all liked lost to this MLS-style monstrosity:

In fact, looking at the designs submitted for that contest, I can say in all honesty that nearly all of them are horrible and amateurishly cartoony.  I would really hope that some of the more dissatisfied fans would take a look at that contest and see what bad logos really look like.

The 2013 logo is MUCH closer to the '97 logo than 90% of the logos submitted.  Nearly every submission removed the helmet (because, ahem, a helmet on a dolphin looks dumb) and the ones that didn't ended up looking like this:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:20:27 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2013, 01:04:27 pm »

Does anyone know who created the really cool logo?

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2013, 01:07:04 pm »

Does anyone know who created the really cool logo?
Someone named REDPIN.  Here's his page from the 99designs site:

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/designs-community-contest-help-miami-dolphins-nfl-team-191400/designers/1091548

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »

I hadn't seen this one before and I think this is a decent mid-point between the team logo and the one Dave likes:

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2013, 01:18:26 pm »

In my opinion, that logo looks too cartoony and would have been a downgrade from the '13 logo.

Plus, the passenger-side flipper looks deformed.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2013, 01:25:58 pm »

I'm OK with the logo they chose, but imo, this one above would have been better. I particularly like the way it looks on the helmet in that mock-up.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2013, 03:03:46 pm »

Please keep in mind that the fan logo we all liked lost to this MLS-style monstrosity:

This would have been better then the current logo in my humble opinion. I actually kinda like this. This would have been a new and refreshing direction for the logo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:07:27 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2013, 03:10:56 pm »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because that logo screams second-tier soccer league to me.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:21:58 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray