Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:17:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 143268 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2013, 07:32:21 pm »

Anyone who can view it at finheaven, please right-click + save the image, then reply to this thread, click on Additional Options, and attach the file you just saved.  I'll host it.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2013, 07:52:15 pm »

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21010454051481/miami-dolphins-new-logo-makes-first-official-appearance/a

That link should work
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2013, 03:34:59 am »

Thought I'd post the pictures in line, given the thread rename:

First impression is, just how bland? So much for there being less dark blue in the uniform, if anything there looks to be much less orange (particularly where the stripes have been replaced/overshadowed by the darker blue). Also noticed they haven't really increased the size of the sleeve logos, still look no bigger than the Nike branding - at least the shitty aqua clown collars from last year are gone. I hope our play on the field next season isn't anywhere near as vanilla/boring.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:08 am »

I don't think any part of the uniform has blue now.

It looks like aqua and darker aqua to me.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2013, 04:00:19 am »

I don't think any part of the uniform has blue now.

It looks like aqua and darker aqua to me.

Really hard to tell at the moment - the latest leaked shots really look darker than a dark aqua, it could be just the lighting, but the surrounds of the stripes look particularly dark. It's certainly different to the Tannehill mock-up pic a couple of pages back with the bigger sleeve logos and orange surrounds of the stripes and numbers.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2013, 04:58:51 am »

Orange should have been the border around the numbers like in the classic uniforms also the addition of the stripes in the shoulders /arms should have been implemented .  The Uni's are just boring.  I hear an alternate is going to be unveiled.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2013, 08:19:57 am »

^^I believe the numbers do have an orange border around them.  Can't really see it in the pics, though.

And Spider, I am pretty sure that what you keep calling "darker aqua" is actually supposed to be navy blue.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2013, 08:24:17 am »

Just going full retro would have been better IMHO. Does seems like they kind of dumbed it up possibly to represent the 72 team? 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

Where's the orange on the uniform.  I believe it's outlined on the numbers, but the pics do a bad job of showing that.  Was really hoping it would be prevalent around the numbers.  Damn. 

More orange, something like this

JK, was hoping for something similar to Manny's uniform

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2013, 08:28:42 am »

That's too far back for me.  I would rather have the early nineties version. I may be more partial to that since the Gators have a similar version but it was one of my favorite.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

I just read this from Armando. Seems Mike Dee is responsible for the changes or lack thereof. It also doesn't look like a third jersey is coming as was previously mentioned.

The Dolphins’ look, the brainchild of club chief executive officer Mike Dee, might not wow you. But it shouldn’t cause anyone to wince either.

The Dolphins’ look is straight-laced and as such, there will be no alternative uniforms used this year. The old orange jerseys have been mothballed. The aqua jerseys over aqua pants look of a decade ago also is not in the immediate plans.

It’s going to be all white at home and the aqua jersey and white pants combination on the road or whenever else it is warranted.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/24/3360867/armando-salguero-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2013, 09:17:02 am »

That's too far back for me.  I would rather have the early nineties version. I may be more partial to that since the Gators have a similar version but it was one of my favorite.

hey, look, aqua pants!  I wonder if he was sweating profusely below the waist....
myami54

Gamertag: FINS 54

« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2013, 09:19:07 am »

Kind of hard to tell for sure but it looks like an orange stripe on pants as well. Guess we will find out tonight.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2013, 10:11:42 am »

^^ Looks to me like the pants stripe matches the helmet stripe - aqua and navy.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2013, 12:09:30 pm »

^^I believe the numbers do have an orange border around them.  Can't really see it in the pics, though.

And Spider, I am pretty sure that what you keep calling "darker aqua" is actually supposed to be navy blue.
The numbers do have an orange border, but the leaked uni pictures are washed out.

And if it's like the logo on the Dolphins website, the colors are aqua and dark aqua.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray