Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:10:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 143133 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #330 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:57 am »

I will continue to bitch until it is abandoned.  I want change and I will rally for it.
Good luck.  15 years from now, when they change it, you'll think it was because of all your "rallying"

They ain't changing it any time soon, so you better just get use to it.

Dave, I recommend you DO NOT change the color scheme of this web site or forum.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #331 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:53 am »

https://twitter.com/J_Martin71/status/329223398351851521/photo/1

Johnathan Martin posted pics of his new helmet
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #332 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:15 am »

So it's more of an upward jumping dolphin vs a belly flopping one.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #333 on: May 01, 2013, 08:07:14 am »

Just looks like he's swimming to me.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2013, 07:44:50 pm »

Dave, I recommend you DO NOT change the color scheme of this web site or forum.

I was thinking the same thing....I am glad Dave hates it as much as I do so maybe he won't change the forums to match!!!!!  Smiley

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »

I like the brighter orange and the navy blue, so I'm fine with the forums staying as is.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #336 on: May 02, 2013, 07:06:51 am »

What we can hope for is, after 2-3 years of this new logo in place, the organization will see from the diminishing returns on Dolphins merchandise that they need to return to the old logo.

I know I will personally continue to buy the old stuff and not any new logo merchandise.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #337 on: May 02, 2013, 07:18:21 am »

What we can hope for is, after 2-3 years of this new logo in place, the organization will see from the diminishing returns on Dolphins merchandise that they need to return to the old logo.

I know I will personally continue to buy the old stuff and not any new logo merchandise.

Its highly unlikely that will happen,  Its seems many embrace the new look.  I do feel that they should darken the aqua  because it looks real bright and the dolphin TAIL should be down instead of up.  But other than that, I dont hate the look as much when the whole piece came together. 

The thing,  Over a period of time and if the play on field becomes better, The Unis will be overlooked.  Hey at least its not MARLINS bad.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #338 on: May 02, 2013, 07:21:44 am »

Its highly unlikely that will happen,  Its seems many embrace the new look.  I do feel that they should darken the aqua  because it looks real bright and the dolphin TAIL should be down instead of up.  But other than that, I dont hate the look as much when the whole piece came together. 

You're prob right.  I do agree with you on darkening the aqua.  Too light for me and too "thick" on the helmet stripe.  Not a fan of that.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #339 on: May 02, 2013, 08:45:19 am »

There is precedence of logos changing back after a short time.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2013, 09:40:46 am »

As "gung ho" as Mike Dee and the Fins' brass is about this "rebirth" I don't see them going back on it.

As soon as the old stuff is all gone and not available to buy, people will have no choice.  In 2-3 years, you won't even remember how horrible it is and all will be normal.

And then they will start playing games in the old uniforms, kinda the same way the Patriots' bust out the squatting colonist 1-2 times per season.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:22 am »

As "gung ho" as Mike Dee and the Fins' brass is about this "rebirth" I don't see them going back on it.

You're just falling for marketing bullshit.  They were gung ho about the new fight song and the orange carpet and all the other stuff that pissed off their fanbase and now it's gone.

As soon as the old stuff is all gone and not available to buy, people will have no choice.  In 2-3 years, you won't even remember how horrible it is and all will be normal.

People always have a choice.  They might just not buy.  Or buy less.  This change was made to make money -- that's it.  If it doesn't, they WILL revert.  Not might.  Will. 

Now, I don't have a crystal ball to see if people will start to like the new logo or not.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:09:58 pm by Brian Fein » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2013, 11:49:54 am »

There is precedence of logos changing back after a short time.
There's a lot more precedence of even the most horrible logo changes sticking around.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2013, 12:13:23 pm »

People always have a choice.  They might just not buy.  Or buy less.  This change was made to make money -- that's it.  If it doesn't, they WILL revert.  Not might.  Will. 

Now, I don't have a crystal ball to see if people will start to like the new logo or not.
There are enough people who will still buy it.  Perhaps it will flop.  I just don't see it.

I keep bringing this stat up:
EVERYONE hated the Marlins' new logo when it came out.  EVERYONE.  But, that year they had the 2nd best-selling MLB hat to the Yankees.  Why is that? 

A year from now, we'll see how merchandise sales go.  The most die hard fans, the same ones posting daily on a football message board in April and May, are the ones that probably won't buy anything.  They also represent about 20-25% of the population.  And based on the poll, only roughly half of the die-hards won't buy it.  We'll see...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:15:09 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2013, 12:24:00 pm »

As long as New Era keeps making fugly ass hats I won't be buying in regardless of the Miami logo.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray