Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:16:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  "The NBA’s Jason Collins says he’s gay"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: "The NBA’s Jason Collins says he’s gay"  (Read 37698 times)
Landshark
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2013, 10:35:38 am »

Well neither has Jason Collins so I don't think anyone really gets your point. He did no more than you do but you seem to have issues with him doing it.

Because you won't see me getting up on a podium in front of the media saying, "Hey, I'm openly straight!!  There's my wife!!" 

I just have issues with people flaunting their sexuality in front of the public eye.  Especially a public figure.  We pay money to watch him play basketball, not to flaunt his sexuality.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:33 am »

Because you won't see me getting up on a podium in front of the media saying, "Hey, I'm openly straight!!  There's my wife!!" 

I just have issues with people flaunting their sexuality in front of the public eye.  Especially a public figure.  We pay money to watch him play basketball, not to flaunt his sexuality.

The fact that everyone just assumes everyone is straight combined with the fact that he's the 1st major athlete that's come out is what makes his coming out in the public eye noteworthy.

And to be fair .. 'we' didn't pay anything for him to write an article for sports illustrated.
stinkyfish

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2013, 04:18:41 pm »

Here's the deal. I can give you evidence, i can give you ideas .. i can provide you with explanations and with rationale and logic .. but i can't put that all together and think for you.

I guess you can do everything but answer the question. What is natures biological reason for human sexual intercourse? Simple question.

The world doesn't operate at a 7th grade level. What you learned in the 7th grade is a broad stroke of how nature works, you learned the equivalent of painting a barn where nature is actually a fine oil painting hanging in a museum.

The study i liked before is based on observation and fact. It's been peer reviewed, accepted for publication and then had it's findings analyzed by dozens of contemporary scientists. It still holds up.

Not everything in life can be or should be simplified for the layman. If you want to argue about an adult topic with adults, then adult reasoning and adult logic and an adult level of knowledge is required. Sarcasm and appealing to ignorance won't cut it.

You linked one obscure study, good for you. Does that study dispute the fact that natures reason for human sexual intercourse is propagation of the species? Do you dispute that also? Do you dispute the fact that the function of the human anus is for removal of waste?

Ok, forget the 7th grade biology class. Show me credible college level biology or medical curriculum that says that human sexuality is not for the primary function of reproduction. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »

What is natures biological reason for human sexual intercourse? Simple question.

If we're talking about human nature, the reason for intercourse is lust...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkyfish

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2013, 04:51:28 pm »

If we're talking about human nature, the reason for intercourse is lust...

No not human nature. The biological reason why the human body functions sexually. Let's just keep tippy toeing around the actual biological reason until you all convince yourselves that the human genitalia was designed for homosexual cock in the ass sex . This is actually funny watching people dodge actual scientific facts to justify their position.
stinkyfish

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »

If a member of this forum talked about this gay NBA player like I've seen members of this forum talk about Obama (or Bush), I imagine you would see the same thing.

The fact that you chose that as an example encapsulates the crux of the discussion:  you seem to believe that, just like choosing to be a Christian or choosing to be a liberal or choosing to be a Patriots fan, homosexuals make the choice to be gay.  And so you can't understand why some choices are criticized while other choices inexplicably (to you) get a "free pass."

If you think that criticizing someone's religious choices is equivalent to criticizing their sexuality, then no wonder you perceive a double standard.

And this gay NBA player made a CHOICE to go public with his abnormal and unnatural lifestyle for no reason. That make him fair game for whatever he exposed himself to. There is no good reason for gay people to advertise and publicise their way of life. I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would care who is gay or who is straight. Seems to me it's just for attention and to push a political agenda /
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2013, 06:49:43 pm »

No not human nature. The biological reason why the human body functions sexually. Let's just keep tippy toeing around the actual biological reason...

Let's be realistic here... The "reproductive process" aspect of intercourse is used 1-2 times in a person's lifetime. 3-4, if a young couple wants a larger family. Now, compare that number with the hundreds, even thousands of times we use intercourse for pure pleasure. If I wanted to beat you with your own whip, I might say that reproduction, not pleasure, is the "abnormal" use of our genitalia. The norm is just straight sex...or not straight sex, depending on which way you swing.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkyfish

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2013, 08:40:43 pm »

Let's be realistic here... The "reproductive process" aspect of intercourse is used 1-2 times in a person's lifetime. 3-4, if a young couple wants a larger family. Now, compare that number with the hundreds, even thousands of times we use intercourse for pure pleasure. If I wanted to beat you with your own whip, I might say that reproduction, not pleasure, is the "abnormal" use of our genitalia. The norm is just straight sex...or not straight sex, depending on which way you swing.

You're assuming the sex with the same partner. Nature doesn't know monogamy. A male is driven by the biological instinct to spread his seed to as many female partners as possible in order to ensure that his bloodline and legacy survive.
These days there are many more children born to different partners than you know of. Marino ring a bell? What about this guy. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/desmond-hatchett-30-kids_n_1528850.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D162381

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2013, 10:26:07 pm »

I guess you can do everything but answer the question. What is natures biological reason for human sexual intercourse? Simple question.

You linked one obscure study, good for you. Does that study dispute the fact that natures reason for human sexual intercourse is propagation of the species? Do you dispute that also? Do you dispute the fact that the function of the human anus is for removal of waste?

Ok, forget the 7th grade biology class. Show me credible college level biology or medical curriculum that says that human sexuality is not for the primary function of reproduction. 

I didn't answer your original question because it was a stupid question. On a bunch of different levels. Not to mention the asshole manner in which you asked it.

There is no such thing as "nature's biological reason" .. i don't even know what that means.
If you're trying to ask if reproduction is one of the multiple goals of intercourse, then yes. obviously. sex can make babies. obviously babies aren't the only reason to have sex. Here's another link to a Psychology trade magazine discussing the reasons people have sex: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201204/why-do-we-have-sex . And as clearly psychology is a valid medical field, i'm sure this will be sufficient to meet your requirement.

So now I've linked one fairly well known study, and a article from a psychology trade publication which by the way at my latest count is infinity percent more than you have.

So lets recap. I've made a statement, I've backed it up with reason, logic and data. You are free to provide any of those to rebut what I've said. But don't waste my time with sarcasm, muddy circular logic or irrationality.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »

You're assuming the sex with the same partner. Nature doesn't know monogamy. A male is driven by the biological instinct to spread his seed to as many female partners as possible in order to ensure that his bloodline and legacy survive.

Again .. you're wrong .. do you just pull facts out of your ass and slop them down without even knowing if they are true or not.

Nature absolutely knows monogamy.

1 - Swans
2 - Albatross
3 - Bald Eagles
4 - Turtle Doves
5 - black vultures
6 - prarie voles
7 - wolves

and that's just from a pretty fast and sloppy google search.
stinkyfish

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2013, 10:50:57 pm »

I didn't answer your original question because it was a stupid question. On a bunch of different levels. Not to mention the asshole manner in which you asked it.

There is no such thing as "nature's biological reason" .. i don't even know what that means.
If you're trying to ask if reproduction is one of the multiple goals of intercourse, then yes. obviously. sex can make babies. obviously babies aren't the only reason to have sex. Here's another link to a Psychology trade magazine discussing the reasons people have sex: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201204/why-do-we-have-sex . And as clearly psychology is a valid medical field, i'm sure this will be sufficient to meet your requirement.

So now I've linked one fairly well known study, and a article from a psychology trade publication which by the way at my latest count is infinity percent more than you have.

So lets recap. I've made a statement, I've backed it up with reason, logic and data. You are free to provide any of those to rebut what I've said. But don't waste my time with sarcasm, muddy circular logic or irrationality.

Yeah, I know, I'm an asshole and I'm wasting your time. You getting irritated is very telling. If you want to believe that two males having anal sex is normal and natural, that's your business. I would venture to guess that most would disagree with you. Anyhow, if you feel your time is being wasted, no one is forcing you to reply. You seem to just want to argue to push your pro homosexual agenda anyhow.
stinkyfish

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »

Again .. you're wrong .. do you just pull facts out of your ass and slop them down without even knowing if they are true or not.

Nature absolutely knows monogamy.

1 - Swans
2 - Albatross
3 - Bald Eagles
4 - Turtle Doves
5 - black vultures
6 - prarie voles
7 - wolves

and that's just from a pretty fast and sloppy google search.

You do know that in this thread we're talking about human beings right? We are discussing homosexuality in humans. I don't recall ever mentioning any animals whatsoever. Regardless, you can try to pick apart my posts and spin things however you want to make yourself feel better. If you gotta be right . Ok, Fau you are 100% right about everything. Do you feel better now?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2013, 11:26:55 pm »

You do know that in this thread we're talking about human beings right? We are discussing homosexuality in humans. I don't recall ever mentioning any animals whatsoever.

my bad.. you were obviously talking about the nature that doesn't include animals and about the nature that's only humans .. i should have known that you'd be way more nuanced once called out on your crap .. good job
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:32:45 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2013, 11:27:37 pm »

Yeah, I know, I'm an asshole and I'm wasting your time.

100% correct .. finally .. you and i agree on something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:30:51 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2013, 11:29:12 am »

These days there are many more children born to different partners than you know of. Marino ring a bell? What about this guy. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/desmond-hatchett-30-kids_n_1528850.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D162381

I think we have our monthly winning post for the I just pulled something out of my ass award. While it is true that most men I know have sought out as many female partners as possible, it is absolutely untrue that they were doing so in the  name of impregnating them. Especially impregnating them all. I also find it hilarous that in your argument for what is normal and what is not you gave an example of a man with 30 kids as normal behavior. Is your last name Duggar by any chance?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray