Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:56:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Blog Post: New Season, New Hope
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New Blog Post: New Season, New Hope  (Read 11713 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:42:35 pm »

I posted a training camp preview.  Its not much but a little thing I threw together. 

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/content/new-season-new-hope

Feedback is welcomed.
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »

Good job,I admit Football season has *snuck up on me a little bit too.I was ready to pay my NFL Sunday ticket on my directv bill last month,but it wasn't available to pay yet (good thing too).I'm ready to plunk down some cash,and show me the Dolphins! ...if my T.V. holds up... Cry

I have cautious optimism about this season, even I still don't feel the Wallace was money well spent....I have hope of being competitive this year,and hope for the future.

*it doesn't feel right,snuck,is that right?
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:30:46 pm »

Enjoyed the read.  Good post. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »

For some reason, I'm not worried about the question mark of the running game.  If your line can block, you can patch that position.  What scares me is the secondary.  2 rookies is scary stuff.  It's a lot to learn while on the job.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:07 pm »

For some reason, I'm not worried about the question mark of the running game.  If your line can block, you can patch that position.  What scares me is the secondary.  2 rookies is scary stuff.  It's a lot to learn while on the job.

Well the 2 rookies won't be playing much. Jamar Taylor is still injured hasn't dressed for any practice yet. And Will Davis is buried as the #4 or #5 CB currently and I don't see him jumping Grimes, Patterson, or Marshall anytime soon.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16:03 am »

Agree with Mike.  I expect to see Marshall and Grimes starting wit Patterson at nickel.  Once Marshall gets hurt (cause you know he's gonna), they may promote one of the kids if they're ready.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 05:49:41 am »

Agree with Mike.  I expect to see Marshall and Grimes starting wit Patterson at nickel.  Once Marshall gets hurt (cause you know he's gonna), they may promote one of the kids if they're ready.

It appears Patterson will start over Marshall though. Patterson has been running with the 1st string most of the week and Marshall has been coming in during nickle packages
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:16 am »

I had heard on the Finsiders that Marshall was on fire in camp.  I only assumed based on that feedback that he was the frontrunner for the starting gig.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

I had heard on the Finsiders that Marshall was on fire in camp.  I only assumed based on that feedback that he was the frontrunner for the starting gig.

It's possible but as of the past week it seems Patterson has passed him on the depth chart. Still early and considering its a passing league and most teams play the "big nickle" as their base defense really they are both starters in reality

Speaking of Patterson: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/61616/dimitri-patterson-dont-sleep-on-browns?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 12:34:04 pm »

The blog post is a good overview. 

To me the whole season is going to come down to two players, Jonathan Martin and Tannehill.   Tannehill needs to show that he's improved from the second he steps on the field in the first preseason game.  Jonathan Martin's big question mark is can he pass protect against every team's best pass rusher and keep the pocket clean?  I'm sure he'll get help in the form of TE chips and back blocking, and Philbin has plays where they move the pocket. 

If those two preform and the secondary doesn't continue to be a revolving door, we're going to play really well this year.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »

The blog post is a good overview. 

To me the whole season is going to come down to two players, Jonathan Martin and Tannehill.   Tannehill needs to show that he's improved from the second he steps on the field in the first preseason game

I agree about Martin and Tannehill. But Preseason won't be an indicator. You can't judge games where there is no gameplanning and guys only play a series or a quarter. I don't care how bad either look in the preseason it means nothing. Sep 8th is when we can begin judging both.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 02:32:53 pm »

My only worry for Miami at this point is the O-line play. I sure hope the beef up front proves me wrong, but I see it as a little under-talented coming into this season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »

Here's my worry about the o-line...

J-Martin at LT - should be servicable but could blossom.
I worry about John Jerry not being in there.  They have been playing with Pouncey at G and Samuda at C with Jerry out.  Incognito at LG and Clabo at RT don't bother me one bit.

My biggest worry is who takes Jerry's place at RG if he can't go.  I don't know if I like taking a great C and moving him to G just because there's no one else.
Landshark
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 03:15:07 pm »

Here's my worry about the o-line...

J-Martin at LT - should be servicable but could blossom.
I worry about John Jerry not being in there.  They have been playing with Pouncey at G and Samuda at C with Jerry out.  Incognito at LG and Clabo at RT don't bother me one bit.

My biggest worry is who takes Jerry's place at RG if he can't go.  I don't know if I like taking a great C and moving him to G just because there's no one else.

Pouncey played guard for his first three years at the University of Florida while his twin brother handled snapping the ball there.  He was damned good at it.  I have no qualms about Pouncey moving to guard if they can get an adequate replacement at center.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 03:39:33 pm »

Pouncey played guard for his first three years at the University of Florida while his twin brother handled snapping the ball there.  He was damned good at it.  I have no qualms about Pouncey moving to guard if they can get an adequate replacement at center.

They aren't moving Pouncey when the games matter. No way, no how. He is the best or 2nd best center in the AFC. You don't F' with that!

If Lance Louis is healthy come Sep 8th...this o-line will be fine
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray