Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 09:04:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Blog Post: New Season, New Hope
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Blog Post: New Season, New Hope  (Read 12153 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 10:35:36 am »

Pouncey played guard for his first three years at the University of Florida while his twin brother handled snapping the ball there.  He was damned good at it.  I have no qualms about Pouncey moving to guard if they can get an adequate replacement at center.
I know he has experience at guard, that's not the point.  The dropoff at Center from Pouncey to Samuda is likely bigger than the interior line can tolerate.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:37 am »

I have higher expectations for the team this year than I have had in quite some time.  Not saying that I expect them to win the division, but I think they can actually compete for it legitimately this year.   Although they are lacking in enough areas to prevent me from saying they are ready to be "really good", I do think they are moving in the right direction.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 01:29:01 pm »

I have higher expectations for the team this year than I have had in quite some time.  Not saying that I expect them to win the division, but I think they can actually compete for it legitimately this year.   Although they are lacking in enough areas to prevent me from saying they are ready to be "really good", I do think they are moving in the right direction.

Miami is an extremely young team. I expect some painful losses this year and mistakes still to take place. That's gonna happen anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. This isn't a 12 or 13 win team by any stretch. Win 8 or 9 games, be competitive against the "good/great teams" (ie...Atlanta, N.O., N.E., Cincy ...etc,), fight for a wild card spot and I will be happy. Tannehill isn't going to become Eli/Flacco overnight (which I think his ceiling is like those 2 and not a Rodgers/Brees type). Quarterbacks need a good 4 years or so before it clicks for them (ie Eli and Flacco). So I expect the growing pains to continue to an extent. The offense is better, but far from where it needs to be though.

This is a process and while Miami is moving in the right direction they aren't ready for the big time just yet
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray