Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 08:56:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins sign Julius Pruitt WR
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fins sign Julius Pruitt WR  (Read 2796 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: July 30, 2013, 05:34:03 pm »

Fins said no to Collie and Robinson and brought back Julius Pruitt at WR

Comes down to which WR can also contribute on special teams. Pruitt can. He probably isn't making the team but ya never know
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:53:47 pm »

Fins said no to Collie and Robinson and brought back Julius Pruitt at WR

Comes down to which WR can also contribute on special teams. Pruitt can. He probably isn't making the team but ya never know

I guess they think Marvin McNutt and/or Chad Bumphis can hold those spots down.  Otherwise they wouldn't be bringing back a guy who they cast off before
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 06:03:03 pm »

1) Matthews should be back by Week 1 I am guessing. So this signing was meaningless. If he was seriously hurt I think word would have come out by now

2) When Miami lines up in a 4 or 5 WR set when the games matter in September... it will be Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Keller and either Clay/Miller. SO this whole #4 WR thing is strictly a special teams role or backup in case a guy gets injured during a game.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:42:29 am »

Didn't Pruitt do a good job on special teams coverage?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 09:48:09 am »

Didn't Pruitt do a good job on special teams coverage?

Well since he was cut last year this time and Miami had god awful WR's last season I would venture to say he wasn't too valuable in any role.

I would be shocked if Pruitt made this team. This is just a training camp body and filling a roster spot.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:32:04 am »

I'm wondering if they maybe give Marcus Thigpen a look in those 5 wide sets.  The guy is dynamic with the ball and that may be the only way he sees the field on offense.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 01:12:45 pm »

I'm wondering if they maybe give Marcus Thigpen a look in those 5 wide sets.  The guy is dynamic with the ball and that may be the only way he sees the field on offense.

Thigpen/Miller/Clay ...one of those three would be the 5th when Fins go 5 WR's
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray