Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 07:36:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  It's only a scrimmage...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It's only a scrimmage...  (Read 5995 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: July 29, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »

But from what I have read it was encouraging. Tannehill looked sharp despite not having his top 2 targets. Jordan, Vernon, Ellerbe and Wheeler were active on D. Got a decent run out of Gillislee I believe. Some good red zone work from TE's Clay and Keller and no one got hurt too bad it sounds like. Good warm up for next Sunday. I like what I have been hearing from the coaches, hope this isn't all just preseason hype, but starting to believe it's not. Team is on the upswing which is always a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:18:30 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »

Tanny threw three touchdown passes. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:17:55 am »

Problem with scrimmages, there's always good with bad.

Good: Tannehill threw three TD passes
Bad: our secondary gave up 3 TD's

Good: Gillislee busted a big run!
Bad: our LB's couldn't stop a rookie RB

I'd much rather scrimmage against other teams than ourselves.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:39:34 am »

tough to take anything seriously from last night. Like all the touchdowns. I mean when the coaches place the ball at the 20 yard line to work on Red Zone offense. Or even better inside the 5 yard line to work on goaline stuff.....I mean come on!

Yeah they scored a TD.....but it isn't like the offense moved  80 yards or anything and capped off a drive.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:51:16 am »

Some VIDEO from last night..

http://www.dolphinstalk.com/2013/07/dolphins-scrimmage-footage-from-0729.html
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:23:44 am »

tough to take anything seriously from last night. Like all the touchdowns. I mean when the coaches place the ball at the 20 yard line to work on Red Zone offense. Or even better inside the 5 yard line to work on goaline stuff.....I mean come on!

Yeah they scored a TD.....but it isn't like the offense moved  80 yards or anything and capped off a drive.
It was also against mostly back-ups. They were not successful moving the ball against the starters.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 07:51:38 pm »

It was also against mostly back-ups. They were not successful moving the ball against the starters.
Well it wasn't the starters on offense either so I don't know that makes a big difference.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:33:09 am »

Well it wasn't the starters on offense either so I don't know that makes a big difference.
Lol ... apparently it did. Zero versus three touchdowns. That's a big difference!  Wink Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
yuppi

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 10:33:49 am »

Problem with scrimmages, there's always good with bad.

Good: Tannehill threw three TD passes
Bad: our secondary gave up 3 TD's

Good: Gillislee busted a big run!
Bad: our LB's couldn't stop a rookie RB

so true lol

"I guess 0 - 8 brings out the worst in Dolphin fans.  Since we can't beat up on our opponents, we beat up on each other. "
UkDOlphinfan
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 12:01:29 pm »

That used to happen on an annual basis.  Not sure why they stopped it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »

That used to happen on an annual basis.  Not sure why they stopped it.

They still do that annually.  Most teams will do it four times.  The Dolphins and Cowboys will do it 5 times. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 04:07:31 pm »

They still do that annually.  Most teams will do it four times.  The Dolphins and Cowboys will do it 5 times. 
The Bucs and Dolphins used to practice against each other and I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to. It always got pretty chippy!

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 05:52:42 pm »

Lol ... apparently it did. Zero versus three touchdowns. That's a big difference!  Wink Grin
The 3 TD's were with BACKUPS playing against BACKUPS, so I still haven't figured out what your point is. At no time did the starters on offense play against the starters on defense.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 08:21:03 am »

The 3 TD's were with BACKUPS playing against BACKUPS, so I still haven't figured out what your point is. At no time did the starters on offense play against the starters on defense.
I'm sorry. I thought it was self explanatory and didn't realize you would need a dissertation to understand.

Tannehill was a starter. Dustin Keller was a starter. The offensive line had starters. Daniel Thomas was last year's starter so technically is still the starter until they have another game where he doesn't start. So I fail to see how you even trying to twist this into a "Tannehill was only on even ground when the defensive starters sat" because he clearly had the advantage. now add in the fact it was red zone offense and they didn't have to even drive the ball down the field.

And finally  ..... with all that said the point was that the back-up defense was in and you said it didn't make a big difference because blah, blah blah.  The Dolphins first defense forced three three-and-outs in the scrimmage’s first four drives. With the back-ups playing defense they gave up 3 TDs. That's a big difference in my world. If it's not in your world then please spot me 21 points and we can bet every game this season and see who comes out ahead. 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:22:36 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 09:13:00 am »

I'm sorry. I thought it was self explanatory...
Not only is it not self explanatory it's straight up inaccurate which I have already pointed out.

Tannehill was a starter. Dustin Keller was a starter.
This much is true.

The offensive line had starters.
But John Jerry was not starting because he had just been injured and others were playing out of position because they had to juggle the line, so the starting line was not in tact, not by a long shot.

Daniel Thomas was last year's starter so technically is still the starter until they have another game where he doesn't start.
LOL. By that logic Clabo isn't a starter and neither is Keller which makes the first point you made inaccurate. And when exactly was Thomas a starter last year?

And you're completely ignoring the fact that both Wallace and Hartline did not play. The fact is that 2 of the 3 players that caught the TD's that you're going on and on about ARE NOT STARTERS! I don't actually know who was in the game at the time of each of those TD's, but the very fact that Wallace, Hartline and Jerry did not play at all, plus the fact that 2 of the players that caught the TD's are not starters is proof enough that neither the offense nor the defense was playing with the starters at the time.

So again, I must ask you what you are going on about when you mentioned that the TD's were scored against backups? The TD's were scored BY backups.

And finally  ..... with all that said the point was that the back-up defense was in and you said it didn't make a big difference because blah, blah blah.
Actually what I said was I'm not sure that it makes a big difference because many of the players on offense playing at the time were also backups. My point still stands.

The Dolphins first defense forced three three-and-outs in the scrimmage’s first four drives.
Ah, but the 1st team defense wasn't going against the 1st team offense were they? Hartline was not playing. Neither was Wallace. Neither was Jerry. The rest of the line was juggling positions. I'm not sure who else was actually in the game at the time, there may have been other backups in as well. So while you are very quick to point out how the 3TD's were scored against backups, the fact that the offense was playing with backups when they went 3 and out against the starters on defense is lost on you. How about a little perspective?

You are certainly welcome to your opinion and I'm not trying to say that the 3TD's are evidence that Miami is going to be an offensive juggernaut, I merely said that it was encouraging, which it was.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:23:41 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray