Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:29:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins replace tight end Dustin Keller with linebacker Nathan Williams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins replace tight end Dustin Keller with linebacker Nathan Williams  (Read 968 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:01:34 pm »

We recently added a DE after already being staffed and now pick up a LB after losing an offensive starter. I'm not trying to make anything out of it but I wouldn't have predicted it.

In a move everyone knew was coming, the Miami Dolphins have officially ended tight end Dustin Keller's season by placing him on Injured Reserve.  The move comes after Keller, during the Dolphins 24-17 loss to the Houston Texans Saturdaynight, suffered a catastrophic knee injury, tearing three of the four ligaments in his knee.  The injury is comparable to the knee injury San Francisco 49ers running back Marcus Lattimore suffered during his final season at South Carolina.

Miami filled Keller's roster spot by signing linebacker Nathan Williams.  Williams signed with the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio State this year, but was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list.  He had offseason surgery on his ankle and, while he was making progress in rehabbing the ankle, the Vikings released Williams earlier this month.

As a senior Williams played in 10 games for Ohio State, recording 39 tackles, 3.5 for a loss, with two sacks and a forced fumble.  He is a defensive end/linebacker tweener at 6'3", 241 pounds.  He ran a 4.88 40-yard dash and bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times.  He does, however, have injury concerns, missing most of the 2011 season with a knee injury, as well as the ankle problems he is rehabbing now.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/8/20/4640190/dustin-keller-injury-tight-end-placed-on-ir-team-signs-lb-nathan

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray