Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins release CB Richard Marshall
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins release CB Richard Marshall  (Read 3960 times)
bsfins
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:39 pm »

According to Profootball talk tweet
@ProFootballTalk: Dolphins release CB Richard Marshall, per league source.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/dolphins-release-cornerback-richard-marshall/related/

Profootball talk story
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:22:23 pm by Lil B » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »

little surprising. Will Davis just won himself alot of playing time when the game starts for real. Nolan Carroll is improving as well.

Jamar Taylor is still doing little to nothing but maybe he is getting close now

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:17:55 pm »

This move puts the Fins at around $20 mill UNDER the salary cap.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 11:53:08 pm »

I would have expected Dimitri Patterson to be cut first.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:17 am »

I would have expected Dimitri Patterson to be cut first.

He has had a great camp. He's won the starting job
Landshark
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 08:15:46 am »

Team sources are saying that Richard Marshall had fallen out of favor with the coaches and was basically the nickel corner.  He even lined up at safety yesterday during practice.  For a guy who was listed as the starter at the beginning of camp, that's not good.  Basically another player in Coach Philbin's doghouse.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 09:09:39 am »

Team sources are saying that Richard Marshall had fallen out of favor with the coaches and was basically the nickel corner.  He even lined up at safety yesterday during practice.  For a guy who was listed as the starter at the beginning of camp, that's not good.  Basically another player in Coach Philbin's doghouse.

Sorry to contradict you, but he actually came to our team this way.  He was known as a player who was flexible between safety and nickel corner.  Last year, he had such a good camp they got rid of Vontae and moved him to the outside but he wasn't known for this.

I think this release is as much of a statement on how well our safeties are playing (and their backups).  The need to pay a guy a bunch of money to be a flex player isn't there.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:08:41 am »

Sorry to contradict you, but he actually came to our team this way.  He was known as a player who was flexible between safety and nickel corner.  Last year, he had such a good camp they got rid of Vontae and moved him to the outside but he wasn't known for this.

I think this release is as much of a statement on how well our safeties are playing (and their backups).  The need to pay a guy a bunch of money to be a flex player isn't there.

It's also a cost cutting measure as well. The organization stated they would love to sign him back....at a lower price.

This had some to do with his play but mainly his bad contract is now gone.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 10:18:09 am »

I think the dropoff in performance between Marshall and Patterson and the rookies was non-existent, but the salary difference was large.  It was a cost cutting/value move.  If Marshall is only AS good as Patterson/Davis/Taylor/Carroll but making 2x their salary, he's not going to stick around.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray