Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Richie Incgongito Helmet Attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Richie Incgongito Helmet Attack  (Read 5536 times)
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« on: August 20, 2013, 01:48:26 am »

Smith tore off Incognitos helmet and used it as a weapon and his punishment was suspended 2 preseason games. No wonder the league is full of hoodlums.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/report-antonio-smith-to-be-suspended-for-swing-at-richie-incognito/
I think the punishment should have been more sever. Maybe to deter something like this in the future.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:20:28 am by Brian Fein » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:59:37 am »

Smith tore off Incognitos helmet and used it as a weapon and his punishment was suspended 2 preseason games. No wonder the league is full of hoodlums.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/20/report-antonio-smith-to-be-suspended-for-swing-at-richie-incognito/
I think the punishment should have been more sever. Maybe to deter something like this in the future.
I know some Houston fans who feared a suspension too but I don't think anyone saw it as a preseason kind of a thing. That's about as non-punishment as you get. It really is a joke. Had he actually connected with his face he could have done permanent damage.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:13:42 am »

A two game preseason suspension?  That's laughable.  Where's the big bad Kim Jong Goodell on this one?  Maybe other starters will get an idea.  Commit a serious violation in the first preseason game and end up with a two or three week vacation.
Landshark
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:32:14 am »

Update.  The NFL has suspended Smith for the remainder of the preseason plus week 1 of the regular season.  Combine this with the hit on Keller and Cushing trying to take off Tannehill's head, I'm led to believe that the Texans are a dirty team.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:55:41 am »

It looks like he hits him here but from another angle he seemed to miss.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:57:13 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:10:45 am »

It looks like he hits him here but from another angle he seemed to miss.

looks like he connected.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 09:31:10 am »

looks like he connected.
Just like in the movies ... it's the angle. I can't find the video now but the first two I saw showed it missing. Fortunately Richie saw it coming and snapped back because that helmet could have caused some damaged.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:19:04 am »

I don't know how Pouncey didn't beat his ass after seeing that happen.

If Incognito was the one doing the swinging, he'd be suspended 4-6 games for certain.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:09:38 pm »

Looks like Richie went with the flow of Smith grabbing his helmet, as not to hurt his neck so much.  Glad it wasn't worse.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 01:33:28 pm »

I wonder if he connected and cracked Richie up-side the head with the helmet and gave him a concussion, or worse, if Brown would still only be suspended one game.

To me, it shouldn't matter if he connected or not.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »

Gotta wonder what kind of power a 6'4 300 lb man who probably benches over 450lbs could do with a weapon like a helmet? I bet it could have actually killed him it he connected. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 04:31:57 pm »

I don't think that you should be allowed to be suspended for pre-season games at all.  Any suspensions must be regular season or playoffs.

I drink your milkshake!
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 04:48:54 pm »

I guess they don't get paid for camps and preseason games so it really is a vacation for a pro. I could see how it could hurt someone trying to make the team but not a starter.
http://www.ehow.com/info_10067818_nfl-preseason-salary.html
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray