Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:25:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Blog Post: Good Bad and Ugly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Blog Post: Good Bad and Ugly  (Read 7540 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:31:42 pm »

I'm hoping to make this a new game-recap each week.  Installment #1 is here.  Love to hear feedback and discussion in this thread.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/content/dolphins-vs-browns-good-bad-and-ugly

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »

GOOD: Wake and most of our defensive players.  Honourable mention to Tanny, Hartline and Gibson.

BAD:  Still getting burned by our opponents Tight Ends...hopefully Cameron is just that special and this doesn't happen too often.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:48:38 pm »

I like it. Pretty much covers everything of note from yesterday's game.
yuppi

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »

yup, coulda' extracted some more good though, i think

"I guess 0 - 8 brings out the worst in Dolphin fans.  Since we can't beat up on our opponents, we beat up on each other. "
UkDOlphinfan
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:52:55 pm »

^^ yeah maybe, but its still the Browns.  Let's see what happens next week.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:40 pm »

Good: Dimitri Patterson, Ryan Tannehill, Brian Hartline, Cameron Wake, Brandon Gibson, Phillip Wheeler
Bad: John Jerry, Tyson Clabo
Ugly: Randy Starks, Mike Wallace

Watched the game today and thought the offensive line looked a lot better in the 2nd half at least passing the ball. Cleveland's front 7 is a lot better then people give them credit for, that's the strength of that team, so I don't really blame Miami for not being able to run the ball much. Seems like they were really stacking the line trying to force Miami to pass. Once Miami realized this and completely ignored the run with play action passes, Tannehill had time to throw and receivers got open. Sure you would like to have a balanced attack, but you have to figure out how to move the ball no matter how you can do it and Miami did that pretty well in the 2nd half.

As for Starks, if that finger was to the Dolphins coaching staff, that's a punk move. Face it, Odrick is playing his ass off and he needs to realize that rotating all 3 of them in will keep them fresher. Grow up already.

I'll actually give Wallace credit for keeping it together fairly well until after the game. I know he was frustrated, but I think that was mainly because he was mouthing off before the game and it made him look bad. Note to Wallace, just STFU and let your play on the field do the talking. I have a lot of confidence that eventually Tannehill and Wallace will get it figured out. He was open a couple times and Tanny missed him and Haden did a really good job of forcing Wallace to adjust his route. Given Haden some credit and use that frustration as motivation.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »

Joe Haden is a top-5 corner in the league.  Plus they doubled him often.

Wallace will be fine, the balls will come his way, but getting bent out of shape after 1 game is a bit premature.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »

Joe Haden is a top-5 corner in the league.  Plus they doubled him often.

Wallace will be fine, the balls will come his way, but getting bent out of shape after 1 game is a bit premature.

Wallace gets Vonta Davis this week, I'm sure Wallace is in store for a career day!!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 06:34:46 pm »

I like the idea of the blog.  I would have put our rookie kicker in there with the good.  He made some decent length FG's in his first NFL game.  Overall, I would agree that you can't put too much hype in there, it was the Browns.
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 06:39:58 am »

I like the idea of the blog.  I would have put our rookie kicker in there with the good.  He made some decent length FG's in his first NFL game.  Overall, I would agree that you can't put too much hype in there, it was the Browns.

I agree about putting Sturgis in with the good.  He made kicks that Dan Carpenter missed badly on last year
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 09:11:21 am »

^^ Dan Carpenter made plenty of those kicks as well, but you don't remember that, right?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray