Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:24:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Live blog @ New Orleans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Live blog @ New Orleans  (Read 23392 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »

anyway, let's put in the backup quarterback if they get the ball back

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2013, 11:39:34 pm »

anyway, let's put in the backup quarterback if they get the ball back

No, absolute confidence killer there, Tannehill had a bad game but he is the best prospect we have had in years, and some things he does well, do not wreck him now.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2013, 11:50:14 pm »

GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!

WHEN I SEE YOU ALL NEXT ON HALLOWEEN MIAMI WILL STILL HAVE ONLY 1LOSS AND WIN THAT GAME! MY ENTHUSIASM IS EXACBERATING GO DOLPHINS!
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2013, 11:58:53 pm »

The freefall begins! Thank God for that terrible division. Anyways who gives a shit when Denver is running the table this year. Everyone knows it. Greatest season in history. 19-0, world champs, and knocking that stupid farce 1972 team out of existence. Doesn't get any sweeter.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

He is in his 2nd year and I can't think of any 2nd year QB who is "perfect" or has nothing to work on. The Saints are good.....sometimes its not a case of Miami now "sucks" all of a sudden. The Saints are just better. It is what it is

Never said it meant Miami now sucks... I just pointed out that he doesn't go through progressions.  That could be by design... if it is then I'm not sure if it helps him or hurts him.  I know they want a quick passing game maybe they gave him a quick high low read to one side?   I know during his drop he looks one way (the play side) and doesn't even glance to other side.  Greer noticed that on the pick and instantly broke on the slant.

West coast is a quick passing game but there are still progressions they may have limited his progressions/reads until they feel he can handle more.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2013, 11:40:22 am »

Never said it meant Miami now sucks... I just pointed out that he doesn't go through progressions.  That could be by design... if it is then I'm not sure if it helps him or hurts him.  I know they want a quick passing game maybe they gave him a quick high low read to one side?   I know during his drop he looks one way (the play side) and doesn't even glance to other side.  Greer noticed that on the pick and instantly broke on the slant.

West coast is a quick passing game but there are still progressions they may have limited his progressions/reads until they feel he can handle more.

with the way the o-line blocks he doesn't have time to go through progressions
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2013, 12:03:16 pm »

with the way the o-line blocks he doesn't have time to go through progressions

I agree with that to a point... but he did it against the Colts and Falcons and took sacks when that first read wasn't there. He continued to look to play side.  To me that suggests he doesn't know the offense as well as they lead on... if he did he'd know where to go after the initial read.  You rarely see him throw to a check down... he stares down the play side receiver and never looks back side or for a check down.

The TD Bree's threw to Watson was a check down he saw first read was taken away and quickly looked to check down.  I love Tanny but I'm starting to notice his short comings... I think they'll get them fixed it's going to take more time.  It's funny we mocked Henne for always throwing to the check down... I wish Tanny would just look for one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:05:31 pm by Diehard_Dolfan » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2013, 12:07:55 pm »

I agree with that to a point... but he did it against the Colts and Falcons and took sacks when that first read wasn't there. He continued to look to play side.  To me that suggests he doesn't know the offense as well as they lead on... if he did he'd know where to go after the initial read.  You rarely see him throw to a check down... he stares down the play side receiver and never looks back side or for a check down.

The TD Bree's threw to Watson was a check down he saw first read was taken away and quickly looked to check down.  I love Tanny but I'm starting to notice his short comings... I think they'll get them fixed it's going to take more time.  It's funny we mocked Henne for always throwing to the check down... I wish Tanny would just look for one.

He has only had 20 NFL starts, positives far outweigh the negatives.....not concerned at all. Still getting better and the future is really bright with him
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2013, 12:11:40 pm »

He has only had 20 NFL starts, positives far outweigh the negatives.....not concerned at all. Still getting better and the future is really bright with him

I know and now understand this more than before... I think I figured he was further along than he actually is!   He's smart and has the tools... just gotta give him time.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »

He's smart and has the tools... just gotta give him time.

...and a lot more protection in the pocket.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray