Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Blog Post: Good Bad and Ugly (Saints)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Blog Post: Good Bad and Ugly (Saints)  (Read 19660 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:19:54 pm »

Yeah, I didn't do one last week.  Sue me.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/content/dolphins-vs-saints-good-bad-and-ugly

Discuss.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »

Nice read but I don't think many people are giving up on the Dolphins just yet. I still think most believe we are still on the upswing.

First off, no one thought were going to go undefeated. Secondly, I think most thought Tannehill would have a bad game at some point. Dan Marino had bad games too and he certainly isn't Dan Marino. As long as he continues to get better and do more good than harm ... he's got my loyal support. Which unfortunately for him won't buy him anything.

The bleacher report kept Miami at #11 in their rankings which I think shows the mntality of the average football fan about the Dolphins.

This Week's Rank: 11

Last Week's Rank: 11

Differential: 0

Normally a loss on Monday Night Football would warrant a move down, but losing to the undefeated New Orleans Saints—and the teams ranked below the Dolphins—makes it tough to move them down. So they stay.

This Miami team has not completely figured itself out yet, but the improvements on offense and defense are notable. If the offensive line can get into a better rhythm with protections, they could take off on that side of the ball. After all, quarterback Ryan Tannehill is the most sacked quarterback in the league.

Overall, a 3-1 record is a huge boost for this ballclub. And for that, everyone has to be happy.

Grade: A

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stealth3ltt

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:34:33 pm »

Okay. Okay.    So they are not going to be 16-0.    15-1 is alright with me.  Cheesy    in all honesty to the dolphins beat themselves last night.   The bad run call, tanny's picks,  and fumble all gave the saints the edge.   Had the fins not committed any of those it would have been a different game.   
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 04:44:24 pm »

Bleacher report is useless...

Profootballtalk

9. Dolphins (3-1; No. Cool:  It’s rare that the ’72 Dolphins have to wait so long to pop the champagne as it relates to Dolphins.

ESPN

7 Dolphins 3-1
Last Week: 7   Tough night for Ryan Tannehill. Three interceptions, four sacks and the fifth-worst Total QBR of his career. Playing the Ravens' inconsistent defense could help -- or make it worse.

Yahoo

12. Miami Dolphins (3-1, LW: 7)
Well, now they've been out-gained in four straight games.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:48 am »

I typically try to avoid these forums after a loss like this because of all the negative nancies and the irritation they cause me.  I was surprised to see this forum unusually upbeat.

However, just from reading Twitter after and during the game, there is so much negativity out there.  And maybe its highlighted because it draws my attention.  But that's where I got the feeling of negativity.

Even Omar Kelly noticed it...

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/384914534227402752

I'd like to welcome back the F-Ireland crowd, and the knee jerk Dolphins fans to twitter. Bad losses happen folks. All about how you respond

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:54:02 am »

^^ agree! And on Omar's point, I don't even call this a "bad loss".....it was the Saints. Not like we lost to Jacksonville or Oakland.  Few teams go into New Orleans and win. The Saints are a better team, tip your cap to them and just move on. I got no problem when a team clearly with more talent across the board beats the Fins. I don't call that a bad loss, especially on the road no less. At 3-1 how any Dolphins fan can be upset is beyond me. This is a great start to the season.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:02 am »

I typically try to avoid these forums after a loss like this because of all the negative nancies and the irritation they cause me.  I was surprised to see this forum unusually upbeat.

Losing 38-14 dropping your record to 3-1, should result in less negativity, than losing 38-14 dropping your record to 1-3.  When was the last time the Dolphins were .750 after a loss? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

I have no ill will towards this loss.  I wasn't even upset about it.  We were supposed to lose.  ...playing a better team in one of the hardest places to play in the league, that specifically has strengths where you have weaknesses.

I expected to get blown out -- we are right where we need to be, and ahead of schedule.

I drink your milkshake!
Landshark
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:22:52 am »

I have no ill will towards this loss.  I wasn't even upset about it.  We were supposed to lose.  ...playing a better team in one of the hardest places to play in the league, that specifically has strengths where you have weaknesses.

I expected to get blown out -- we are right where we need to be, and ahead of schedule.

The amazing part is that this team actually hung in tough for one half and put themselves in position to take command of the game going into the locker room.  The frustrating part is that they failed to do so.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray