Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:28:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  I'm convinced. Ireland and Phibin need to go.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: I'm convinced. Ireland and Phibin need to go.  (Read 15242 times)
Landshark
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:39:29 pm »

AND TAKE THEIR ENTIRE FUCKING COACHING STAFF AND ALL THE HIGH PRICED PHILBIN GUYS WITH THEM!!!!!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »

Take a chill pill, doofus

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:46:58 pm »

Take a chill pill, doofus

Agree 100%. And the cursing by Landshark tonight on this board is a little much. Shows his ignorance!!!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 11:47:34 pm »

I think this is a pretty reasonable reaction after you get humiliated by a joke of a team like the Bucs.  

We'll be damned lucky to finish with 6 wins this season.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »

^^^^

No football game ever warrants that kind of emotion

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:53:33 pm »

^^^^

Agree!
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »

^^^^

Then you're obviously not a real fan
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 12:30:34 am »

Yes I am chuckle chuckle

Landshark
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 12:41:37 am »

Look around.  Former Dolphins starring EVERYWHERE while this nitwit GM brought in guys who haven't done shit since they've gotten here.  This is on him and the coaches. 
el diablo
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:05:05 am »

One bad game doesn't warrant this type of reaction. Going 1-5 in the last games does. When you look at how they've been losing. If it was just that players were injured or suspended, then fine. That's not the case here. They react to their 1st loss by going 1-4. They react to this week's distraction by falling behind 0-15 to a winless team, with a week & a half to prepare for. They fought back to take a lead of 19-15. Not 28-15. Or 24-15. 19 to 15. That left a winless team in the game. They were down 22-19 with 3 minutes to go. Plenty of time for a balanced offense. But 14 attempts for 2 yds doesn't scream balance. Tampa knew this. That's why they didn't blitz on the last drive of the 1st half. So on this last Miami drive, with no running game & a dismal offensive line, Miami takes the field. Running the same offense as the last drive of the 1st half. Tampa MADE the adjustment of blitzing. Miami makes NO adjustment.

So this is not an overreaction to ONE game. Its an accumulation. One of this season and seasons previously.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:22:11 am »

Look around.  Former Dolphins starring EVERYWHERE 

Who are they?
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 10:37:49 am »

Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, Jake Long (7th best tackle by PFF rankings), Dan Carpenter has only missed 2 field goals all season, even Sean Smith had a 100 yard pick six. There's quite a few. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 11:59:09 am »

While Landshark is ranting like a child, I fear his point may be correct.

I don't blame any one person for what's happened here, but this latest scandal really opened my eyes to the dysfunction and lack of leadership with our organization.  I feel bad for Philbin (and I even kinda feel bad for Ireland), but I think that you need to clean house.

And I never, ever say that.

But what are you salvaging?  I probably wouldn't let Philbin go if it were my choice, but there needs to be a scapegoat for this and just Ireland isn't enough.  I think you need to change the culture of the team, effective immediately.  It probably needs to start with Ross.  If he's here for the long haul, he needs to take a more active role in setting the tone for what is acceptable.

You know -- it even goes back to the marketing from a few years ago (something I originally said wasn't a big deal.)  But you advertise that this is a party.  Well, you got a party and your players are having a blast.  You need a change in organizational focus.  I think that Philbin was that change, but it was too late.  The cancer had already seeped its way into the team at all levels.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 12:12:03 pm »

If you listened to Ross yesterday and all the praise he heaped on Philbin I'm pretty sure Philbin isn't getting fired. Unless we finish with just 4 wins which I don't see happening
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »

^ I kinda hope that Philbin gets out of this, but I imagine that some of the other coaches will take the fall.  I'm hoping this investigation will find some people that this can be tracked to, so you can clear out.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray