Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:26:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill lost confidence in OC Mike Sherman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill lost confidence in OC Mike Sherman  (Read 2268 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:43:53 am »

Interesting article on NFL.com. I think it would be good for Tannehill to get a new coach to help him grow but if this is true then the choice is even easier to make.  Not sure who is available. Maybe Gary Kubiak?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306957/article/ryan-tannehill-lost-confidence-in-oc-mike-sherman

By Kevin Patra
Around the League writer
Published: Dec. 30, 2013 at 09:39 a.m. Updated: Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:21 a.m.

Ryan Tannehill's struggles epitomized the Miami Dolphins' collapse in the final two weeks of the season.

As we discussed on the "Around The League Podcast," Tannehill missed numerous throws and appeared to regress with the season on the line.

Part of the issue might have been the second-year quarterback's waning faith in his offensive coordinator.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Tannehill lost confidence in Mike Sherman, according to people who spoke to the quarterback.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said after Sunday's 20-7 loss the team is going to "look at everything" when it comes to offseason changes. Even if Ross brings back coach Joe Philbin and general manager Jeff Ireland, he could insist on other changes -- including moving on from Sherman.

Tannehill has shown big-time potential this season, but his last two games in particular have been terrible. He's had a 43 percent completion rate, averaged 143 yards (4.05 yards per completion) and tossed just one touchdown pass to three interceptions as the Dolphins crumbled with the playoffs in reach.

Sherman has been the center of fans' ire much of the season. He's been questioned on everything from his penchant for abandoning the running game to Tannehill's stunted progress. The latter might cost him his job.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:05:30 am »

Its time for Tanny to "graduate" from Sherman
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:02:08 pm »

Well if Miami is going to cut Sherman they need to move fast.  Many HC's and their assistants becoming available today, so need to move now to get the cream of the crop.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:31 pm »

Well if Miami is going to cut Sherman they need to move fast.  Many HC's and their assistants becoming available today, so need to move now to get the cream of the crop.

Umm no.  For the most part the guys that have become available are not the cream of the crop but the crap of dumpster.  The cream of the crop are on bye week or are getting ready to play wildcard weekend. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:54:22 pm »

I think maybe Sherman lost confident in Tannehill, at one point he was 20-50 for <200 yards.  Not very much talent there.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:37 pm »

Rumor has it that its not just Tannehill but several offensive players. If we are hearing this then surely they are too and are investigating.

7 points in 8 quarters against the Jets and Bills to close out the season isn't something I'd put on my resume' as Offensive Coordinator.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »

Umm no.  For the most part the guys that have become available are not the cream of the crop but the crap of dumpster.  The cream of the crop are on bye week or are getting ready to play wildcard weekend. 

Your right, let me re-phrase.  The cream of the crop of the crap of the dumpster, that are available.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:52:24 pm »

Most of the fan's lost faith in Sherman's horrible play calling, it wouldn't be surprising if the players also did.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:06:28 pm by CF DolFan » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »

I can 100% believe this report, but Tannehill missed throws because he missed throws. I love the kid, but it's not Sherman's fault he overthrew Mike Wallace.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 08:17:08 pm »

I can 100% believe this report, but Tannehill missed throws because he missed throws. I love the kid, but it's not Sherman's fault he overthrew Mike Wallace.

He overthrew Mike Wallace?  Huh  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray