Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:31:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins team record 58 sacks in review
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins team record 58 sacks in review  (Read 13341 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »

^^lame duck coaches in the NFL never work out. Tough for that coach to control the locker-room since the players know that this guy has no vote of confidence from the owner and will most likely be gone in a year and many of the players have guaranteed deals that will keep them there on the team beyond that 1 season. Not a great attitude to have and not all have that attitude but we know what brain surgeons some NFL players are these days.

Same with a GM. Yes players follow the money but if the money is equal might as well go to a stable franchise than when where the GM/HC are out the door.

And P.S...they offered that GM job to guys who flat out said no. Trying to spin it like they wanted Hickey is laughable. Many guys formally turned the offer down and that is hard facts.

What I DO KNOW 100% for sure....is either Hickey/Philbin will get an extension or be fired together. One won't stay while the other goes. They ARE tied at the hip. If I'm wrong I will give ya $100!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2014, 03:00:04 pm »

What I DO KNOW 100% for sure....is either Hickey/Philbin will get an extension or be fired together. One won't stay while the other goes. They ARE tied at the hip. If I'm wrong I will give ya $100!

So, let's say the following scenario plays out:  Miami does very well in the draft, netting players who contribute well on the field, including at least one late round pick that turns out to be a gem. In spite of the solid draft, Miami ends up going 7-9, due to Philbin doing a shit job as HC, from game-planning to poor clock management, etc... You really think that Ross is going to fire both Philbin and Hickey under those conditions?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2014, 03:13:10 pm »

So, let's say the following scenario plays out:  Miami does very well in the draft, netting players who contribute well on the field, including at least one late round pick that turns out to be a gem. In spite of the solid draft, Miami ends up going 7-9, due to Philbin doing a shit job as HC, from game-planning to poor clock management, etc... You really think that Ross is going to fire both Philbin and Hickey under those conditions?

Either fire them both or give them both an extension ....yes!
RichThrawn

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 04:11:09 pm »

As far as we know he's the ONLY person they offered the job to. Just because you get an interview or would like to be interviewed doesn't mean you have been offered a job. Generally speaking they don't offer you a job until after the interview.

Wrong.  They offered the job to Ray Farmer, Nick Cesario and Lake Dawson.  All three turned it down.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2014, 06:58:33 pm »

Wrong.  They offered the job to Ray Farmer, Nick Cesario and Lake Dawson.  All three turned it down.

Wrong. Ray Farmer withdrew his name before the second interviews, he was not offered the job. http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/24/3889206/miami-dolphins-gm-candidate-ray.html

The other two appear to have turned down an offer though.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2014, 04:22:25 am »

Wrong. Ray Farmer withdrew his name before the second interviews, he was not offered the job. http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/24/3889206/miami-dolphins-gm-candidate-ray.html

The other two appear to have turned down an offer though.

Turning down a 2nd interview is essentially turning down the job. Especially since at the time he was going to stay in a lesser position with the Browns and since Miami offered that job to everyone possible.  You can play semantics all you want but he turned the job down when he turned down that 2nd interview
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2014, 10:33:06 am »

Turning down a 2nd interview is essentially turning down the job. Especially since at the time he was going to stay in a lesser position with the Browns and since Miami offered that job to everyone possible.  You can play semantics all you want but he turned the job down when he turned down that 2nd interview

Unless you're willing to say that every 2nd interview equals a job offer, then Farmer didn't turn down a job offer, he turned down a 2nd interview. By turning down that 2nd interview, Farmer certainly signaled his intentions that he would have turned down a job offer, had Miami made one, but Miami didn't make the job offer. That isn't semantics, it's specifics.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2014, 01:56:22 pm »

Just so we have all the facts are we talking about 2015 or beyond? Lets say that Hickey stays 15 years and Philbin stays 20. Do you still owe me $100?  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »

I am not playing semantics at all. You are the one with word play. Read Thrawn's post. It said Miami offered Farmer the job which I showed is wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray