Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:44:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Mozilla CEO steps down amid gay marriage controversy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Mozilla CEO steps down amid gay marriage controversy  (Read 16136 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »

it is normal for a minority of humans, as well as other animal species, to demonstrate homosexual tendencies.

Bingo!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2014, 04:17:49 pm »

Soooo .. lets stop playing the hyperbole game. 

When it comes to the vertebrates, homosexuality is exhibited in all of the above. That's my standard.  and your number of 5% is purely a number you pulled out of your ass. All reports i've seen estimate the percentage at a solid 10%.

Yes, a small percentage of the animal kingdom exhibits homosexual behavior. And Yes a small percentage of humans exhibit homosexual behavior. Just because they both exhibit the behavior, DOESN'T make it normal.

A small percentage of people get cancer. Animals get cancer. Are cancer cells normal cells?

A small percentage of people are pedophiles. Are pedophiles normal?

What about incest? A small percentage of people do it. I'm sure that we can find plenty of examples in nature. Does that make it normal for humans?

Your logic is flawed by your emotions and bias.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:02 pm »

I have a question:

Are Jews abnormal?

Ethnic Jews are 0.19% of the world population.
Followers of Judaism are also ~0.2% of the world population.

This thinly-veiled appeal to majority is just that: thinly-veiled.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:19:50 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »

No it is normal for a minority of humans, as well as other animal species, to demonstrate homosexual tendencies.

You seem to be of the misguided opinion that for any behavior to be considered normal, it has to either be done by the majority of a species or espoused by the church.

Bingo!

I agree that it is normal for humans as a group to have abnormalities and anomalies in regards to human behavior. That doesn't mean that the particular behavior is normal. It just means that there are always going to be low percentage abnormal behavior within said group. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:18:35 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2014, 04:26:13 pm »

I have a question:

Are Jews abnormal?

Ethnic Jews are 0.19% of the world population.
Followers of Judaism are also ~0.2% of the world population.

This thinly-veiled appeal to majority is just that: thinly-veiled.

Start a thread and discuss it.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »

Yes, a small percentage of the animal kingdom exhibits homosexual behavior. And Yes a small percentage of humans exhibit homosexual behavior. Just because they both exhibit the behavior, DOESN'T make it normal.

yes it does, it makes it biologically normal in fact
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:35 pm »

you're making the false insinuation that normal = majority.

Spider pointed out a brilliant counter-example, and you dismissed it as "off-topic".

Way to go.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

Methinks the subtle nuances of the English language doth escape the not-so-subtle pond dweller...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2014, 04:42:47 pm »

you're making the false insinuation that normal = majority.

Spider pointed out a brilliant counter-example, and you dismissed it as "off-topic".

Way to go.
No, you're making the false insinuation that normal = small percentage anomalies. 

And as you liberals have pointed out in the past. You guys can make fun of religion because it's a stupid belief. However, homosexuality is a trait so it's off limits. So therefore it is an apples to oranges comparison. According to your own past posts, beliefs and human traits are two different things. Stop changing the subject or start your own religious belief thread.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2014, 04:49:31 pm »

Methinks the subtle nuances of the English language doth escape the not-so-subtle pond dweller...

I posted the literal definitions of the word for you in a previous post. The definitions of words in the English language don't change and revolve around your political or social agendas or homosexual activities. Words have meanings and they are listed in this thread for a reason.

Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2014, 04:51:39 pm »

I agree that it is normal for humans as a group to have abnormalities and anomalies in regards to human behavior. That doesn't mean that the particular behavior is normal. It just means that there are always going to be low percentage abnormal behavior within said group. 

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »

And as you liberals have pointed out in the past. You guys can make fun of religion because it's a stupid belief. However, homosexuality is a trait so it's off limits. So therefore it is an apples to oranges comparison. According to your own past posts, beliefs and human traits are two different things. Stop changing the subject or start your own religious belief thread.
I'm glad to see that we both agree that homosexuality is a genetic trait you are born with, and not a personal decision*.  That is specifically why I cited Jews, which are both an ethnicity (genetic trait) and a religion (voluntary belief).  So aren't ethnic Jews abnormal?

Furthermore, since you just said that homosexuality is a trait, and the expression of that trait has been determined as Constitutionally-protected by the Supreme Court, on what basis do you justify discrimination against homosexual marriage?  The entire framework of conservative objection to homosexuality rests upon the idea that homosexuality is an immoral choice, not a genetic trait.

Isn't discriminating against someone for genetic traits that are out of their control... bigotry?  How is that any different than banning interracial marriage?

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:42 pm »

I'm glad to see that we both agree that homosexuality is a genetic trait you are born with, and not a personal decision*.  That is specifically why I cited Jews, which are both an ethnicity (genetic trait) and a religion (voluntary belief).  So aren't ethnic Jews abnormal?

Furthermore, since you just said that homosexuality is a trait, and the expression of that trait has been determined as Constitutionally-protected by the Supreme Court, on what basis do you justify discrimination against homosexual marriage?  The entire framework of conservative objection to homosexuality rests upon the idea that homosexuality is an immoral choice, not a genetic trait.

Isn't discriminating against someone for genetic traits that are out of their control... bigotry?  How is that any different than banning interracial marriage?

More twists and turns from spiderweb. If you notice the first sentence in my post, "And as you liberals have pointed out in the past." You will then understand that I was pointing out your well known views.  Don't try and twist my words, it won't work.

And by the way, I could care less about homo marriage, doesn't matter to me one way or another. This conversation was about homosexuality being abnormal behavior. If they want to join the 50% divorce rate club, have at it.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2014, 06:58:56 pm »

You're the one touting the abnormality of homosexuality, not me, so my liberal views on the "cause of homosexuality" are irrelevant; I'm not the one claiming that they are abnormal.

Based on your last post, it seems that you believe that homosexuality is a choice; fine.  Judaism is also a choice.  Are (religious) Jews abnormal?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:01:23 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2014, 07:07:29 pm »

You're the one touting the abnormality of homosexuality, not me, so my liberal views on the "cause of homosexuality" are irrelevant; I'm not the one claiming that they are abnormal.

Based on your last post, it seems that you believe that homosexuality is a choice; fine.  Judaism is also a choice.  Are (religious) Jews abnormal?

Wrong again, I said that homosexual behavior is abnormal, no more, no less. Spin it anyway you want. At the end of the day, Chick-fil-A is still #1 in the U.S. and homosexual behavior is still abnormal by English and Biological definition. You can't change that no matter what you do.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray