Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:12:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Aldon Smith arrested again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Aldon Smith arrested again  (Read 4612 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »

A bomb threat is much different than a passing comment like "jeez, you'd think I have a bomb in my bag"

That's hardly a threat.

Which is exactly what I said... Who's to say which portion of the statement the TSA officer heard, if it was made with his back turned or as he was leaving security.

"Its not like I have a bomb in my bag..."

C'mon.  Even the dumbest of dumb-dumbs doesn't walk up to a TSA officer and say "I have a bomb."  That's precisely my point - there HAS to be more to the story,
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 05:05:02 pm »

So does it "happen to regular people five times a day" or does not even the "dumbest of dumb-dumbs" do it? You can't argue both sides.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:58:45 pm »

Saying "I have a bomb" in an airport is the same as saying "Fire" in a crowded theater. You are doing it to cause a problem and it can create a panic. It is not something to be joked about or taken lightly.

Yep. And that's the point. That isn't something you "joke" about. If he said it loud enough he could have caused panic and a stampede where people were hurt or godforbid killed. Can't joke about having a bomb at an airport.

Which is exactly what I said... Who's to say which portion of the statement the TSA officer heard, if it was made with his back turned or as he was leaving security.

"Its not like I have a bomb in my bag..."

C'mon.  Even the dumbest of dumb-dumbs doesn't walk up to a TSA officer and say "I have a bomb."  That's precisely my point - there HAS to be more to the story,
How do you know what he said you weren't there! And stop defending this guy he is a first class jerk. Since 2012 he has had 1 DUI arrest. A 2nd DUI/Drug arrest in which he caused a car accident. He was stabbed at a party which nobody believes his side of the story on how it happened, either way he was stabbed. Charged with 3 felony counts of  illegal possession of an assault weapon...and now a bomb threat at an airport. That's just since 2012!!  He is the dumbest of dumb and has a track record of proof to back it up. The guy is a joker, he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL and hopefully this last incident got him his ticket out of SF and hopefully the league. He is a first class jerk on every level.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 09:52:51 am »

I'm not defending him, I couldn't care less about Aldon Smith.

It seems that I'm the only one that questions the media anymore, and the rest of you just accept what has been spoon-fed to you by (generally) biased reporters with an agenda.  Sometimes when you dig deeper, there is more to the story.

This one just doesn't pass the common sense test to me.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 10:33:38 am »

It seems that I'm the only one that questions the media anymore, and the rest of you just accept what has been spoon-fed to you by (generally) biased reporters with an agenda.  Sometimes when you dig deeper, there is more to the story.

The media didn't "create" this. They weren't at the airport giving Aldon Smith a hard time trying to stir something up and push his buttons. Aldon Smith created this mess by acting like a jackass and saying he had a bomb at an airport which is a crime he was rightfully arrested for!  If Smith doesn't do that there is nothing to report. Your anti-media rant here doesn't make sense. You come off as a jock-sniffer defending Aldon Smith who thinks he is above the law and who mind you has a long list of arrests within the past 2 years.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:54 am »

There are 2 sides to every story.  Who has reported the "other side"?

I don't give a flying rat's ass about Aldon Smith.  I just refuse to believe anyone would walk up to a TSA agent and say "I have a bomb" - even jokingly.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 10:53:54 am »

There are 2 sides to every story.  Who has reported the "other side"?

I don't give a flying rat's ass about Aldon Smith.  I just refuse to believe anyone would walk up to a TSA agent and say "I have a bomb" - even jokingly.

You can refuse to believe it but you are wrong and look foolish in doing so.

He didn't just walk up to an agent, he was randomly pulled aside for a security check like many Americans are these days at the airport. It's just part of flying, we all have to deal with it. He didn't like it, he became "belligerent and uncooperative" with the TSA agent and started talking about having a bomb. He isn't even denying this! Why you want to defend him and think there is another side is beyond me. There is no other side to report!

All you need to know is after this happened and SF 49ers people talked to people involved and police....they are now saying he probably won't play for them this upcoming year. Even they have accepted what happened at the airport and know he is guilty of this crime and are sick of him at this point and are moving on.

But you keep defending him and wait for that other side of the story to come out one day. I wouldn't hold your breath
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:19 am »

State law is irrelevant.  Bomb threats at airports are covered under federal law not state law. 

I'm pretty sure I saw in one article that he was not charged with a federal crime, but could have been.

Here it is:

Smith was booked for investigation of making a false bomb threat. FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said anyone who makes a bomb threat at an airport is potentially subject to federal charges, although no such charges have been filed against Smith.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/14/49ers-linebacker-arrested-for-yelling-bomb-at-airport-police/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:13:53 am by Phishfan » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:56 am »

1) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/zeljko-causevic-arrested-jacksonville_n_4029333.html

2) http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Charlotte-man-arrested-for-bomb-threat-at-CT-airport-218433251.html

3,4,&5 in one article) http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/03/18/3-allegedly-made-bomb-threats-at-airports/UPI-74161363608564/

Granted, this guy did not make a threat while at the airport but he was a former TSA agent that called one in http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Inglewood-Man-Arrested-After-Threats-to-LAX-223252271.html

I can find more if I look more. I have no idea why you would doubt the stupidity of people. Examples are everywhere and just because Smith is famous, he is not excluded from stupidity.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 09:29:53 pm »

Common sense? Why do you assume you are the only one capable of reading the news and seeing the biases? No one from Aldon's camp has come out to try and explain why he said what he did. That is telling. He has shut up about this whole incident. If he thought he was being unfairly portrayed, he would say something.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray