Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:39:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Southwest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Southwest  (Read 1357 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: April 16, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »

Reason's not to fly:

Sometimes they land at the wrong airport.

Reasons to fly:

In flight entertainment....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LFBydGjaM

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

That was pretty entertaining and informative.

I flew Southwest from Orlando to FLL once and the flight attendant said "here at Southwest we like to work smarter, not harder..." and dumped a huge box of individually-bagged peanuts on the floor by the cockpit.  When the plane took off, they all went rolling down the aisle to the back and people picked them up as they passed by...

I think sometimes they are encouraged to try to keep people happy an laughing.  Why the hell not?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »

I flew Southwest once and they have definitely had the most entertaining attendants.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »

I think sometimes they are encouraged to try to keep people happy an laughing.  Why the hell not?
Absolutely! But it's not just the passengers that SWA wants happy, it's their employees as well. The flight attendant above is EXACTLY the type of person that SWA is looking for.

http://managers.emeraldinsight.com/quality/articles/pdf/southwest.pdf

At work we have a happy half hour every Thursday. We go to the break room, grab some snacks and for 30 minutes we talk about whatever we want...as long as it's not work related. What are you doing this weekend? See any good movies lately? Who's going to the Ranger game tonight? It's a blast and we do this regardless of what's going on. I can only remember a time or two where we decided not to do it because of work reasons and remember that I work in a support role meaning that we often have production issues that we are working on that require immediate attention. We've actually found that taking a 30 minute break helps you clear your head and solutions often present themselves after a happy half hour session. It seems counter productive till you try it. People in a good mood and enjoying their job are far more likely to find solutions to problems then those who don't want to be there.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:35:30 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:29:38 pm »

Southwest seems to have lost some of their great culture since Herb left. While this flight attendant was great.  Her type seem to be less common today than a decade ago.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

Southwest seems to have lost some of their great culture since Herb left. While this flight attendant was great.  Her type seem to be less common today than a decade ago.
Agreed. Still I see a lot more of that culture at Southwest then I ever saw at anyplace else I have worked.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray