Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 11:37:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Ant-Man - Breaking News
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ant-Man - Breaking News  (Read 2486 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1334



« on: May 23, 2014, 04:54:16 pm »

For those interested:

In a surprise announcement, Marvel Studios and Edgar Wright have revealed that Wright has departed Ant-Man. The official statement on the matter reads as follows:

Quote
Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announced today that the studio and director have parted ways on Ant-Man due to differences in their vision of the film. The decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly.


They claim it won't impact the release date, how about the movie itself. A new director could mean a totally different look/feel for the movie. Was looking forward to this one, hope it doesn't fall apart.
Logged

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
mecadonzilla
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2065



Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »

That sucks.  Aside from his sizable skills, Wright's style and humor could really make the movie more palatable to the general public.  I was really looking forward to seeing what Edgar could do with Antman.
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31359

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 12:30:23 am »

I'm very bummed about Edgar Wright leaving.  Firstly, I like his style so much and thought it could've been a really outside-the-box approach to a superhero film.

Secondly (and I'm just speculating...no idea why Wright actually left), I'm afraid that Marvel might be homogenizing its films.  It has a bigger story to tell, so I get some ground rules, but this could be overboard if they're playing it safe.

In related news: Drew Goddard left Netflix's Daredevil series, though it doesn't sound nefarious.  He is lined up to do the Sinister Six movie for Sony, and it appears he just doesn't have time to do both.  Movie money is bigger than Netflix money, apparently.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines