Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:25:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What're you watching? - July 2014
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What're you watching? - July 2014  (Read 3758 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:14 pm »

I've been on a 3 show backlog cycle.  I pick three shows on Netflix and watch whatever I feel like.  When I complete a series or a season, I may move to something else.

Right now, I'm on:

- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 -- I'm halfway through the final season.  I will eventually move on to Voyager, but might try something else in the meantime.)

- Arrow--  I'm about halfway through season 1.  It's not great, that's for sure.  I hear it gets better and my wife likes it, so I'm trying to finish through season 2 so we can watch it together for season 3

- Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- I've just started season 2.  It's hot and cold, but I'm really enjoying it.  It's way better than I thought and it's pretty dark.  Lots of death in every episode.  I always thought it would be more kiddish.  I hear it gets a big bump in quality starting at season 3, so I'm excited to see where it goes.

After this, I'm going back to House of Cards for the 2nd season.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:31:32 pm »

I'm watching the summer shows, Longmire is back which I like.  Also, watched the new show The Last Ship, which is off to a good start.  Watching the new episodes of Duck Dynasty, but that show seems to have run its course, nothing new really happens.  Same with Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, American Restoration, Shipping Wars - same old, same old, not entertaining anymore.  Have caught a couple episiodes of Big Smo, which is okay, nothing great though.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:40:21 pm »

I'm watching Longmire as well. Other shows on my Summer schedule are Fallen Skies, Graceland, Crossbones, & the final season of Wilfred.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 12:26:24 pm »

Wilfred and Falling Skies for me as well.
Under the Dome
True Blood
Prison Break
The Ultimate Fighter
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 02:37:10 pm »

The Last Ship is an excellent new show.
Glad to see Under the Dome made it back.
Defiance is back and is as weird as ever.
Continuum is hanging on by a thread.

Old shows I am catching up on now:

Smallville
Reaper (Thanks, Buddha!)

...and just waiting for all of my Fall shows to hurry up and come back.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 05:10:32 pm »

Yeah I'm watching Under the Dome also.  Also, watching the new show Murder in the First, which I would recommend.
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 07:56:31 pm »

The Last Ship is an excellent new show.
Glad to see Under the Dome made it back.
Defiance is back and is as weird as ever.
Continuum is hanging on by a thread.

Old shows I am catching up on now:

Smallville
Reaper (Thanks, Buddha!)

...and just waiting for all of my Fall shows to hurry up and come back.

Reaper is a ridiculously fun show. I might need to rewatch.

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 08:29:41 am »

We had never seen Breaking Bad so we watched the whole series over the last few weeks. Trying to figure out what our next show will be.

Summer shows include Americas Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance and Under The Dome. We are waiting for The Bridge to return.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 10:04:19 am »

We had never seen Breaking Bad so we watched the whole series over the last few weeks. Trying to figure out what our next show will be.

Summer shows include Americas Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance and Under The Dome. We are waiting for The Bridge to return.

I forgot Americas Got Talent.  It's addicting.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 11:10:45 am »

We had never seen Breaking Bad so we watched the whole series over the last few weeks.

Great series to binge watch isn't it. I did something similar just before the last season and watched the last one as it aired.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »

I did the binge catch-up with Breaking Bad after that show had wrapped up as well...definitely a prime binger.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 10:09:45 am »

My DVR is perpetually empty.  There ain't shit on in the summer.

... Shipping Wars ...

I thought I was the only one that liked this show, but the new season has begun losing my interest.  I really liked Roy, and the new people just suck.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:31:48 am by Brian Fein » Logged
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:49 am »

Just finished Being Human (the now canceled US version, not the UK one) and will be starting Game of Thrones.

I'm also finishing up the now canceled Hostages. Once I finish, this will be replaced with Breaking Bad.

I also watch Falling Skies, Psych, True Blood and 24.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 10:21:37 am »

Are you planning on watching Game of Thrones by yourself or with a partner?

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

I feel like maybe I'm missing out on shows that I've heard a lot about...

- Breaking Bad
- True Blood
- Walking Dead
- Game of Thrones
- Orange is the New Black
- House of Cards

I haven't watched one single episode of any of these shows, but I hear people talking about them all the time.  Similarly, I heard the same type of buzz about Dexter and I thought that show was dumb.

Is it too late to get into these shows?  If not, what shows do the masses recommend (in what priority) as reasonable to catch up?  Note: I do not have Showtime, etc.

Being that there is nothing else on this summer, I could use the time to catch up on one or more of these, instead of watching re-runs of American Ninja Warrior.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:29:40 am by Brian Fein » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray