Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:37:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Lebron - Going Home
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Lebron - Going Home  (Read 12323 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »

Chicago has a better roster than the heat IF rose is healthy
Indiana has a better roster than the heat IF Hibbert stops putting up 0 pt. 0 reb games, losing stevenson will hurt them alot.
Cleveland has lebron .. and then a PG that has missed more games with injury than Wade has
Toronto doesn't have a better roster than the heat and hasn't added anyone.
Washington lost ariza and. they couldn't afford that to begin with.
Atlanta won't even finish 3rd in the division, much less the conference.

I wouldn't be offended by the notion that Chicago, Indiana or Cleveland could finish with a better record than Miami .. those other teams .. no

You also missed out on Charlotte .. they had a pretty decent team last year and they've only added talent
el diablo
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

^^^^^ You're right. I dropped Charlotte off of my list. I think that's one team Miami will finish higher than. Atlanta was 3rd in the conference before their best player (Al Horford) got hurt. They still made the playoffs and gave Indian fits in the 1st rd. Toronto should repeat as division champs. Rose or no Rose, Chicago is still a beast. They did get better without adding Carmelo. Indiana is still Indiana until proven otherwise. So that's still 5 teams that I feel will finish higher than Miami. Miami will still be a playoff team. Just on the bottom edge of the tree.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 02:37:03 pm »

I think it would be a big mistake to trade Wiggins for Love.

Wiggins' salary is the big difference; CLE can keep him and pick up some more veteran help.  Love will soak up all available salary.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »

as a heat fan .. i'm hoping the trade of wiggins + bennett + 1st rounder in 2014 for love goes through .. there is no quicker way for cleveland to mess their team up than that
el diablo
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 06:08:50 pm »

Three Max contracts on the same team. Where have I seen that before?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 07:26:21 pm »

Irving and Wiggins are on rookie contracts, not max contracts.  Love wouldn't be on a max contract, either.

el diablo
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »

Kyrie signed a max extension at the beginning of this month. Love would be expected to the same (or near it) if traded to Cleveland.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2014, 10:37:26 pm »

The top 4 seeds are determined by the 3 division winners and the non-division winner with the best record. Miami's division isn't strong, and they can very conceivably win their division and beat up the crap teams enough to have a Top 3 record, if not more.

The East is still a mess, they just gained a new top dog in  Cleveland and knocked Miami down some.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 09:09:25 am »

Every time I see this thread I can't help but hear the Budweiser commercial "I'm coming Home" from the Super Bowl about Lt. Chuck Nadd coming home.

"Every soldier deserves a hero's welcome!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7L5QByvXOQ

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 12:54:21 pm »

Three Max contracts on the same team. Where have I seen that before?

I don't think you have.  None of the Big 3 had max contracts.  They all took less money to help pad the bench.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray