Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:51:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Marlins fans - What do you want?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Marlins fans - What do you want?  (Read 5909 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:04:35 pm »

So, you hate the team's management, right?

What do you want?  Win now?  Try to build mercenary teams, then tear down?  Sell off talent to get younger, longer-term guys who will stick around?

Or do you want to punish ownership, almost rooting for their bankruptcy and failure, until a better owner can be put in place?

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »

as a former marlins fan .. i want the owner to sell or otherwise lose ownership in the team . .that would make me happy
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »

as a former marlins fan ...

I'm trying to imagine referring to myself as a "former Padres (or Suns, or 49ers) fan"...and I just can't see it. A fan is a fan, in good times and bad, and nothing (not even marrying a fan of another team) could ever change my allegiance.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
RichThrawn

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:58:16 pm »

as a former marlins fan .. i want the owner to sell or otherwise lose ownership in the team . .that would make me happy

I won't stop rooting for the Marlins.  I just won't support them financially until Loria is outta there. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 11:51:43 am »

This

I won't stop rooting for the Marlins.  I just won't support them financially until Loria is outta there. 
And this...

I want to see Loria burn in hell.  I still like the Marlins, I am still a fan.  But I refuse to go to another game or buy any merchandise to support the Marlins until Loria and Samson are gone.

(and yes I know about profit sharing...)

I'd like to see the Marlins win.  I'd like to see them keep their guys, starting with Stanton and Fernandez.  I'd like to see continuity.  This season's trade deadline was the first step in the right direction.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 01:06:28 pm »

I'm trying to imagine referring to myself as a "former Padres (or Suns, or 49ers) fan"...and I just can't see it.  A fan is a fan, in good times and bad, and nothing (not even marrying a fan of another team) could ever change my allegiance.
So you'd still be a fan of the Seattle Suns, then?

For most fans, a move would rather quickly change their allegiance.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:13:28 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »

I'm trying to imagine referring to myself as a "former Padres (or Suns, or 49ers) fan"...and I just can't see it. A fan is a fan, in good times and bad, and nothing (not even marrying a fan of another team) could ever change my allegiance.

I always thought the same thing.  The last few things have really shaken me to the core with the Red Sox.  I've been through it all.  I've been through Bucky F'N Dent, I've been through 1986, I've been through Fred Lynn (which was awful).  I've been through 2003 (which might have been harder than 1986).  I've been through Bobby G-D Valentine.  But yesterday?  Unless Lester is wearing the B on his hat again after this offseason, I just don't know.

I can UNDERSTAND finally losing patience...

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

Maine, the Boston Red Sox are the reigning World Series Champions and you're talking about how losing Jon Lester might be the last straw?  Seriously?

This takes "but what have you done for me lately?" to stratospheric new heights.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 03:00:04 pm »

So you'd still be a fan of the Seattle Suns, then?

For most fans, a move would rather quickly change their allegiance.

As long as the move wasn't to Los Angeles or New York (I have a genetic predisposition against those two particular levels of Hell), I would continue to support my team in their new location.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »

I stopped being a Rams fan when they left L.A. (which was when/why I became a Dolphins fan) and I hate the Oklahoma City Thunder like deadly poison.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 03:40:19 pm »

My dad was an LA Rams fan back in the day, mainly because he was good friends with a guy named John Cappelletti, who played RB for the Rams for a few years.

~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »

Maine, the Boston Red Sox are the reigning World Series Champions and you're talking about how losing Jon Lester might be the last straw?  Seriously?

This takes "but what have you done for me lately?" to stratospheric new heights.

No, it's not.

I wouldn't expect you to get it.  It's fine you don't.  I was fine World Series winless until 2004 without feeling this way.  It's so much more than winning and losing.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:57 am »

You almost have me hoping that Lester doesn't go back to Boston (I'm feeling a Dave Loggins vibe here) this offseason, just to see if you'll jump from that ledge or climb back in the window. It just seems a little extreme for a standard "baseball is a business" situation.

~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 03:44:46 pm »

You're right Maine, I can't understand it.  Are you saying you would be happier if they had kept Lester and BOS didn't make the playoffs for the next 10 years?  Because normally, wins and losses are the entire point.

The current front office brought you a ring less than one year ago, and you have so little faith in what they are doing that unless they bring back one specific player, you're saying you might be done with the team?  Does this still apply if BOS wins the World Series again next year?  Or will that championship be too bitter to accept?

It's total insanity, man.  The idea that you could be the current reigning champs (and not sell off the team like the Marlins) and be so disgusted with the ownership that you're ready to write off the team is unfathomable.  It's that kind of entitlement-on-steroids that makes fans of other teams wish for another 80-year Red Sox streak.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:48:34 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 05:02:19 pm »

It's that kind of entitlement-on-steroids that makes fans of other teams wish for another 80-year Red Sox streak.

Especially fans of teams like the Padres, who have never experienced a championship...or a no-hitter, or a hit-for-the-cycle, or pretty much anything that would allow us to talk trash to fans of any other team.

Take every big-market, big budget team, put 'em in a line and fuck 'em all...sideways...lubeless

GO PADRES!!

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray